Windows 10: What is Windows PE? Use, Limitations, Download and more

Discus and support What is Windows PE? Use, Limitations, Download and more in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows PE is a lightweight OS environment from Microsoft which can deploy and recover Windows Installation on multiple computers. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 10, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

What is Windows PE? Use, Limitations, Download and more

WinClub, Mar 10, 2019

2. Install Driver on Windows PE Environment

Hi,

We are trying to install kernel-mode driver to Windows PE, but not able to do so.

We checked using DevManView tool to check driver in windows PE. But we didn't see the Device object created.

We suspect that the Driver Service didn't start.

Given below are the details of the issue:

Driver Details: SCSIAdapter class filter driver. (SdFilter)

Steps followed:

• Used DISM to edit the Windows PE image offline. (Inset image below)

What is Windows PE? Use, Limitations, Download and more 9b0b98a6-84db-4a3f-be54-b5725e2fb121.png

• Manually added the Driver details to the registry. The registry change is visible after reboot
      (inset image below)

What is Windows PE? Use, Limitations, Download and more 2c3da2e1-8ef6-4e68-9ba2-c69d1a6add0d.png

• Manually added Service (ServicesActive database) to offline image. The registry change is visible after reboot (inset image below)

What is Windows PE? Use, Limitations, Download and more 8130ca1d-e8b0-40b3-8d39-1b5ba1099c6b.png

But we checked using DevManView tool to check driver in windows PE. But we didn't see the Device object created.

We suspect that the Driver Service didn't start.

Can someone please guide how can we add the driver to the Windows PE environment.

PS: The given filter driver is test signed. So, we suspect that later we will face test signed issue but that will be our second step to debug. Right now, not able to get through the first step.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakendra

rakendrathapa, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Psyclone Win User
    X800 Pro VIVO to XT PE Bios Mod

I have a question. I have an x850 pro VIVO that I want to flash to a PE version. In the original post, in the steps listed to perform the flash, it says to download and use the NON PE bios if you are flashing an x850 pro and a x800 PE bios if you are flashing an x800 pro.

I want to be clear before I do this that, you are in fact supposed to use the regular NON PE bios for the x850. I am just making sure that they are in fact different procedures for the x800 vs the x850, I don't want to mess up and hose my card.

Psyclone, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. What is Windows PE? Use, Limitations, Download and more - Similar Threads - Limitations Download more

2. Repair Using DISM in Windows PE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Using DISM in Windows PE: I cannot boot my windows. Already tried automatic startup repair and resetting the PC which both failed. I have a flash drive containing windows 10. so how do I restore it? Restoring corrupt OS in windows 7 and xp was way more simpler than the newer OS. tsk!...
  3. WINDOWS PE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS PE: tengo instalado Windows PE, realice un upgrade la pasada semana y el sistema operativo no carga y no puedo usar el pc deseo salir de ese windows y volver a la normalidad, baje el windows 10 via internet no tengo disco para reparar la instalación. ¿Alguna solución?...
  4. App download limits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App download limits: MS Store says that the max amount of downloads for Minecraft for Windows 10 is ten downloads on separate devices. If you delete the app on the 2 devices that you had it on, can you download it on 10 other devices?...
  5. How to use PEBakery to create Windows PE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use PEBakery to create Windows PE.: I downloaded "Standalone Nightly (x64)" from GitHub - pebakery/pebakery: PEBakery is a script engine that specializes in customizing the Windows Preinstalled Environment (WinPE/WinRE). I ran "PEBakeryLauncher.exe" and got "Unable to find project". What should I do? [img]...
  6. What can I do with a downloaded Windows PE Zip file?

What can I do with a downloaded Windows PE Zip file?: Looking for a fresh OS for my tab Notion Ink Cain 8. The manufacturer gave a Windows PE zip file. WINPE.zip What am I supposed to do with it? I want to reinstall windows on my tablet. It is currently not booting into windows. Every boot gives an error " Please insert...
  7. Using Windows PE after installing adkwinpesetup.exe

Using Windows PE after installing adkwinpesetup.exe: I want to boot my computer in Windows PE. I installed Windows 10 1903 onto an old Dell Studio 8100 PC. I then installed adksetup.exe first. Then I installed adkwinpesetup.exe. So now, how do I boot my computer usint Windows PE? When I researched how to boot with/into...
  8. What is causing limited download speeds when using a web browser and some applications?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is causing limited download speeds when using a web browser and some applications?: The problem: Download bandwidth on my 100Mb fiber is limited by *something* resulting in less than 50% of my potential speed when using a web browser. When using an app (like the speedtest app) I get the full 100Mb bandwidth - eliminating any possiblility that there is a...
  9. Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates?: I'm trying to understand exactly how this works in 1709. Here is the Setting Quote: "LIMIT HOW MUCH BANDWIDTH IS USED FOR DOWNLOADING UPDATES IN THE BACKGROUND" The reason is, when I first did a clean install I wanted to make the downloads go as fast as possible, so I set...
  10. How to use DISM in WINDOW PE environment?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to use DISM in WINDOW PE environment?: i am trying to repair my windows(i cannot boot to windows 10 and i tried automatic repair three times already). Can't even boot to safe mode. Keeps getting pci.sys corruption error at boot up. So i am forced to use a usb to boot to a Pre-installed window environment....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winpe 1903