Windows 10: What is Windows Powershell?

Discus and support What is Windows Powershell? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is Windows Powershell? Option shows up on "Start" listing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DenLen, Apr 9, 2020.

1. DenLen Win User

What is Windows Powershell?

What is Windows Powershell? Option shows up on "Start" listing

:)

DenLen, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Apr 9, 2020
  4. What is Windows Powershell?

Windows Powershell auto opens when booting up

Hi Victor,

To stop Windows Powershell to start whenever you boot up your laptop, we suggest you to follow the steps listed below for selecting the services you want to run at startup:

• Search System Configurationfrom the taskbar.
    • Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.
    • Go to the Startup tab on the System Configuration main window.
    • Uncheck the box next to Windows Powershell program.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Restart to restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

What is Windows Powershell?

1. What is Windows Powershell? - Similar Threads - Powershell

2. discord crash and powershell error in even viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    discord crash and powershell error in even viewer: Application: powershell.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 51B02B73 51AF0000 with exit code 80131506.--------------Faulting application name: powershell.exe, version: 10.0.22621.3085, time...
  3. discord crash and powershell error in even viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    discord crash and powershell error in even viewer: Application: powershell.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 51B02B73 51AF0000 with exit code 80131506.--------------Faulting application name: powershell.exe, version: 10.0.22621.3085, time...
  4. VSCode Azure powershell modules compatibility issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSCode Azure powershell modules compatibility issue: Hi All,I am running VSCode on Windows 10.I am getting the below error when running AZ Modules. These modules work fine in powershellISE.PS C:\Users\admin> connect-AzAccount WARNING: Unable to acquire token for tenant 'organizations' with error 'InteractiveBrowserCredential...
  5. VSCode Azure powershell modules compatibility issue

VSCode Azure powershell modules compatibility issue: Hi All,I am running VSCode on Windows 10.I am getting the below error when running AZ Modules. These modules work fine in powershellISE.PS C:\Users\admin> connect-AzAccount WARNING: Unable to acquire token for tenant 'organizations' with error 'InteractiveBrowserCredential...
  6. VSCode Azure powershell modules compatibility issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.: I did a windows 10 reinstall via usb. Now, the Microsoft store isn't installed and I get an access is denied msg when I use PowerShell to try to fix it.I can't sign in to Microsoft account using my alias I set up as primary acct, message keeps saying sign in turned off for...
  8. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.: I did a windows 10 reinstall via usb. Now, the Microsoft store isn't installed and I get an access is denied msg when I use PowerShell to try to fix it.I can't sign in to Microsoft account using my alias I set up as primary acct, message keeps saying sign in turned off for...
  9. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. powershell high ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powershell high ram usage: Hello, a couple of days ago i've noticed that my laptop suddenly ran slower than usual, working and on games. This prompted me to examine the cause of this, which is when I noticed that there are multiple powershell.exe running and using super high ram and CPU usage. In...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C:/windows/system32/windowspowershell/v1.0powershell.exe

2. window popup reads windows/system32/powershell/v1.0/power.exe

3. c:windows system32 windowspowershell

4. what is c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe,
  5. windows\system32\windowspower