Windows 10: What is "Windows Remediation Service" and how do I disable it?

Discus and support What is "Windows Remediation Service" and how do I disable it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few days ago I noticed that my PC no longer goes to sleep based on inactivity (although I can manually put it to sleep). Today I ran "powercfg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pokeefe0001, Dec 18, 2018.

1. What is "Windows Remediation Service" and how do I disable it?

A few days ago I noticed that my PC no longer goes to sleep based on inactivity (although I can manually put it to sleep). Today I ran "powercfg -requests" and sawEXECUTION:
    [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\rempl\sedlauncher.exe
    SleepDeferralConditionsMet

PERFBOOST:
    [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\rempl\sedlauncher.exe
    SleepDeferralConditionsMetSedlauncher is apparently part of Windows Remediation Service and, from scattered reports on the web, think it may have been part of KB4023057 that I installed about 2 weeks ago.

I see that Windows Remediation Service is a real service that I could (at least temporarily) disable but I don't know what this service does other than (apparently) keep sleepy computers awake. Is it safe to disable? And if I disable it, will it stay disabled, or does Microsoft re-enable it automatically?

I certainly don't consider the installation of Windows updates on Microsoft's schedule a valid reason to keep my PC awake.

:)

pokeefe0001, Dec 18, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 18, 2018
  3. johnspack Win User
    Windows 7 services

You should just know which services to set to manual, there are a ton of them, starting with xp. The time service is the first one... unless you set it up properly, just disable it. Then remote registry, I don't need anyone else messing with my registry... disable, I don't use themes, disable, there are a few others too, then things like adobe update service, not needed, disable... it's not that hard to figure out what you can disable, or at least put to manual.
    Edit: if you need suggestions, get The Ultimate Troubleshooter, not free, but it will show you how to do much of this.

johnspack, Dec 18, 2018
  4. What is "Windows Remediation Service" and how do I disable it?

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile What is "Windows Remediation Service" and how do I disable it? :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

What is "Windows Remediation Service" and how do I disable it?

1. What is "Windows Remediation Service" and how do I disable it? - Similar Threads - Remediation Service disable

2. Windows Remediation Service missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Remediation Service missing: The service that enables all Windows updates to install is just gone, completely.And therefore, I cannot update Windows AT ALL. It was there, in C:\Program Files\rempl as it should be, but initially it simply would not work and I could not start the service manually in...
  3. Windows Remediation Service missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remediation Service missing: The service that enables all Windows updates to install is just gone, completely.And therefore, I cannot update Windows AT ALL. It was there, in C:\Program Files\rempl as it should be, but initially it simply would not work and I could not start the service manually in...
  4. Windows Remediation Service missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HOW DO I DISABLE 'AUDIO SERVICE...' NOTIFICATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I DISABLE 'AUDIO SERVICE...' NOTIFICATION: I have an old Creative Sound Blaster sound card so I use an old driver. They produce excellent sound and are working fine. I've had Win 10 for about 9 months now, and only this morning has the OS registered the 'audio services not running' notification -shown below- in the...
  6. HOW DO I DISABLE 'AUDIO SERVICE...' NOTIFICATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I DISABLE 'AUDIO SERVICE...' NOTIFICATION: I have an old Creative Sound Blaster sound card so I use an old driver. They produce excellent sound and are working fine. I've had Win 10 for about 9 months now, and only this morning has the OS registered the 'audio services not running' notification -shown below- in the...
  7. HOW DO I TO DISABLE AUDIO SERVICE NOTIFICATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I TO DISABLE AUDIO SERVICE NOTIFICATION: I have an old Creative Sound Blaster sound card so I use an old driver. They produce excellent sound and are working fine. I've had Win 10 for about 9 months now, and only this morning has the OS registered the 'audio services not running' notification -shown below- in the...
  8. How do I disable "antimalware service executable"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable "antimalware service executable"?: It's eating up a lot of my memory, How do I disable this, I dont care about having no antivirus. submitted by /u/diowryxd69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/in51v9/how_do_i_disable_antimalware_service_executable/
  9. What services to disable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What services to disable?: [ATTACH] Here's screenshots of my services list, what to disable? https://preview.redd.it/7ctbbbcdvts41.png?width=573&format=png&auto=webp&s=55b3e32f79e5eaeaa085ccc8eb9d331c31f97d20...
  10. What to do if Remediation Incomplete Displayed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What to do if Remediation Incomplete Displayed?: What do I do when the message Remediation incomplete comes up after a deep scan ? [Original Title: Viruses] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-to-do-if-remediation-incomplete-displayed/2ada0d34-6891-4f36-ba86-6f74184dd7cb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows remediation service

2. how to remove remediation incomplete from windows defender

3. remediation incomplete windows 10

4. remediation incomplete windows defender,
  5. windows remediation service.,
  6. remediation service,
  7. what is windows remediation service,
  8. windows remediation services,
  9. que es windows remediation service,
  10. what is sedlauncher,
  11. os remediation service,