Windows 10: What is Windows Settings area at the top of the screen with user name and Sign In option

Discus and support What is Windows Settings area at the top of the screen with user name and Sign In option in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here is an image of that screenSETTINGS SCREENIt doesn't require me to sign in. And after trying it just now, I won't click sign in ever again.First it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SweetTasha, Jan 20, 2022.

1. What is Windows Settings area at the top of the screen with user name and Sign In option

Here is an image of that screenSETTINGS SCREENIt doesn't require me to sign in. And after trying it just now, I won't click sign in ever again.First it takes you to 2 screens where you enter what it calls your "Microsoft Account" Username and password. I use a password manager, which enters username and password for me. A real time-saver, as most of my logins have a different password. This screen forces you to manually enter your username and password. To its credit, it does have a button to show the password you just entered. So I can affirm that the passwords I entered there were indeed c

:)

SweetTasha, Jan 20, 2022

2. Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 20, 2022
  3. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 20, 2022
  4. fdm2000 Win User

What is Windows Settings area at the top of the screen with user name and Sign In option

Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

What is Windows Settings area at the top of the screen with user name and Sign In option

1. What is Windows Settings area at the top of the screen with user name and Sign In option - Similar Threads - Settings area top

2. "Change User Name" not appearing as a option in Windows 11 User Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Change User Name" not appearing as a option in Windows 11 User Setting: I cannot change the username from the user settings in the control panel. The option is not present to change the username. I tried netplwiz and lusrmgr.msc but couldn't do it.Why this is so difficult??...
  3. "Change User Name" not appearing as a option in Windows 11 User Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Change User Name" not appearing as a option in Windows 11 User Setting: I cannot change the username from the user settings in the control panel. The option is not present to change the username. I tried netplwiz and lusrmgr.msc but couldn't do it.Why this is so difficult??...
  4. What is Windows Settings area at the top of the screen with user name and Sign In option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Windows Settings area at the top of the screen with user name and Sign In option: Here is an image of that screenSETTINGS SCREENIt doesn't require me to sign in. And after trying it just now, I won't click sign in ever again.First it takes you to 2 screens where you enter what it calls your "Microsoft Account" Username and password. I use a password...
  5. What is Windows Settings area at the top of the screen with user name and Sign In option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Windows Settings area at the top of the screen with user name and Sign In option: Here is an image of that screenSETTINGS SCREENIt doesn't require me to sign in. And after trying it just now, I won't click sign in ever again.First it takes you to 2 screens where you enter what it calls your "Microsoft Account" Username and password. I use a password...
  6. Change User Name" Not Appearing as Option in Windows 10 User Setting/and does no

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change User Name" Not Appearing as Option in Windows 10 User Setting/and does no: I'm the administrator for my PC and yet when I go to "User Accounts" and select my profile there is nothing in the place that should read "Change User Name." I can't change my user name on this PC.I read online I should try to use the "Configure advanced user profile...
  7. All user names not on Sign-In Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All user names not on Sign-In Screen: Split from this thread. Hi can any one help me to solve this issue with my pc. I'm using windows 10 pro. On my pc welcome screen not showing multiple user name to log in. I added users as my family members in account sitting. But user name not display on welcome screen....
  8. what is set aside window on top of my main screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is set aside window on top of my main screen: why is there a smaller window above my screen and how to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-set-aside-window-on-top-of-my-main-screen/8ccf1ef7-ac6c-4cb7-bea4-fbbf13082ccf
  9. drag window to top of screen options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    drag window to top of screen options: When I drag a window to the top of my screen it maximises the window as it's supposed to. Does anyone know a way (maybe using third party software) to make it so when I drag the window to the top it maximises vertically but limits the horizontal size? I have a 4k monitor...
  10. Sign in option is not there in user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in option is not there in user accounts: Hi I want to sign in using fingerprint into windows.But I cant find the sign in option.Is there any other way to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/sign-in-option-is-not-there-in-user-accounts/8f610f11-3bfe-4c4e-9d38-f9985de1d75e"