Windows 10: What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10

Discus and support What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; placing arbitrary software requirements just to watch a movie I already own feels like you are just stole my money and are now holding my movie hostage... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MaartenPrys, Jun 3, 2020.

1. What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10

placing arbitrary software requirements just to watch a movie I already own feels like you are just stole my money and are now holding my movie hostage until I upgrade from windows 7... Just give a digital copy to download... I bought the movie.

So my question is two parts, why are there operating system requirements to watch a movie? And why can't I just have a digital download of the movie I PAID FOR.

This feels like a gross, sleazy marketing tactics. Whether or not that is the case remains to be seen but I highly doubt the Windows 10 is actually necessary to watch the film, but that it is entirely a server side requirement.

:)

MaartenPrys, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

I guess who still uses windows 7 has this problem, Microsoft is forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10

Knoxx29, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jun 3, 2020
  4. What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10

Waseemulla S, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10

1. What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft essentially trying

2. Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account: Hi, I've just bought a new laptop and whilst following the setup sequence I've landed on a page that wants me to create a Microsoft account. I don't want to do this, I simply want to create a local Windows admin account but I can't escape from this page. Having reached this...
  3. Laptop Buying Guide: 5 Essential Tips

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop Buying Guide: 5 Essential Tips: Workstations are conservative enough to convey with you, yet adaptable enough to run requesting applications. It's the best apparatus for accomplishing genuine work or play whether you're at home, out and about or in a school study hall. Consequently, we've gathered...
  4. What is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 computer?: Just want to know what is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Essential for a Windows 7 PC Thank you for your prompt reply. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-latest-upgrade-for-microsoft-essential/6be1a13d-24b3-42f5-aa22-8620ad641075
  5. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: microsoft security essentials error code0x8004FF71 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/2a768835-d2a8-42ff-bf8f-a729032a2020
  6. Is Microsoft Security Essentials available on Windows 10?

Is Microsoft Security Essentials available on Windows 10?: I use MSE on my Windows 7 System. I enable real-time monitoring and do a weekly scan. I prefer it over any of the 3rd party products (Mc***, W*Bro*****,No***N.) I'm new to Windows 10. Is MSE pre-loaded? Thanks....
  7. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: Today I find that the Security Essentials program keeps shutting down. I have tried to restart it several times just to have it shut down moments later. What is the problem?...
  8. Is windows 10 a secret plot to get people to buy apple?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is windows 10 a secret plot to get people to buy apple?: I cannot believe how many flaws are in windows 10. Wifi issues, sometimes it works, then it stops... Software that disappears after unzipping... Was it hacked by apple just before it got unleashed on the public? I have never been so annoyed by my laptop! Its lame,...
  9. What to buy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What to buy: I had my desktop crash and have to reinstall Windows 10. I took the free upgrade from Windows 7 and I can not find the license for the operating system. Now I have to purchase Windows 10 but what should I purchase Windows10 home or pro?...
  10. This is about the People app that was forced upon the population of users by microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is about the People app that was forced upon the population of users by microsoft: I was forced to accept the April update by Microsoft. Now there's this "People" app running in the background, with an icon in the task bar. I never wanted it, never asked for it, never installed it, but apparently the spies that are violating my privacy at Microsoft are...