Windows 10: What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10

Discus and support What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; placing arbitrary software requirements just to watch a movie I already own feels like you are just stole my money and are now holding my movie hostage... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MaartenPrys, Jun 3, 2020.

1. What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10

placing arbitrary software requirements just to watch a movie I already own feels like you are just stole my money and are now holding my movie hostage until I upgrade from windows 7... Just give a digital copy to download... I bought the movie.

So my question is two parts, why are there operating system requirements to watch a movie? And why can't I just have a digital download of the movie I PAID FOR.

This feels like a gross, sleazy marketing tactics. Whether or not that is the case remains to be seen but I highly doubt the Windows 10 is actually necessary to watch the film, but that it is entirely a server side requirement.

:)

MaartenPrys, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

I guess who still uses windows 7 has this problem, Microsoft is forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10

Knoxx29, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jun 3, 2020
  4. What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10

Waseemulla S, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10

1. What is with Microsoft essentially trying to force people to buy windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft essentially trying

2. I and I am sure others would like Microsoft to rethink their plan to force people to buy...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I and I am sure others would like Microsoft to rethink their plan to force people to buy...: I am am sure others would like Microsoft to rethink their plan to force people to buy new computers to run Windows 11! This is arrogance on their part. How about allowing people to upgrade to Windows 11 while having a seemingly perfectly working expensive computers running...
  3. Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account: How can Microsoft force people to open an account? They didn't pay for my laptop and tablets so why do I need to open a shi**y Microsoft account. You can't use your laptop unless you open an account, yeah sure you can cancel it after you set your device up. Why should I have...
  4. Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account: How can Microsoft force people to open an account? They didn't pay for my laptop and tablets so why do I need to open a shi**y Microsoft account. You can't use your laptop unless you open an account, yeah sure you can cancel it after you set your device up. Why should I have...
  5. Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.: I purchased microsoft office pro and keep getting popups from microsoft trying to force me to buy 365. what has to be done to stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-trying-to-force-me-to-buy-365/9dcaaef3-ca70-482c-bbfb-a6bf7003c2bb
  7. Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.: I purchased microsoft office pro and keep getting popups from microsoft trying to force me to buy 365. what has to be done to stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-trying-to-force-me-to-buy-365/9dcaaef3-ca70-482c-bbfb-a6bf7003c2bb
  8. Microsoft trying to force me to buy 365.

9. Microsoft forcing people to buy new computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft forcing people to buy new computers: Can you tell me why a computer 2 years old won't run Win11? Is this typical Microsoft...force users to buy new computers when they can't afford to?...
  10. Microsoft forcing people to buy new computers

Microsoft forcing people to buy new computers: Can you tell me why a computer 2 years old won't run Win11? Is this typical Microsoft...force users to buy new computers when they can't afford to?...