Windows 10: what is "WMOS" in computer pc win 10 and why does

Discus and support what is "WMOS" in computer pc win 10 and why does in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; it seem to be so hard to find?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hogpig, May 21, 2020.

1. hogpig Win User

what is "WMOS" in computer pc win 10 and why does

it seem to be so hard to find?

:)

hogpig, May 21, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, May 22, 2020
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, May 22, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. what is "WMOS" in computer pc win 10 and why does - Similar Threads - WMOS computer why

2. What if your computer does this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What if your computer does this: My computer has been like this for 3 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-if-your-computer-does-this/b0621242-5220-4cf0-8b79-73199ab1237f
  3. What if your computer does this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What if your computer does this: My computer has been like this for 3 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-if-your-computer-does-this/b0621242-5220-4cf0-8b79-73199ab1237f
  4. Why does my PC not update to Win 11 22H2??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC not update to Win 11 22H2??: I would have thought by now my Windows 11 64bit Pro would update to the latest Win11 version, It is currently 21H2 OS 22000.1165. Some one on the forum suggested doing a Repair/Install. Seems a bit draconian. So I have used the following Tools to ensure that by Microsoft the...
  5. Why does my PC not update to Win 11 22H2??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my PC not update to Win 11 22H2??: I would have thought by now my Windows 11 64bit Pro would update to the latest Win11 version, It is currently 21H2 OS 22000.1165. Some one on the forum suggested doing a Repair/Install. Seems a bit draconian. So I have used the following Tools to ensure that by Microsoft the...
  6. what is "WMOS" in computer pc windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is "WMOS" in computer pc windows 10?: is "WMOS" in computer pc windows 10? what is it and why is it so hard to find out about? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what/87f226a2-33e9-44af-bfd5-8f63795bb9fa
  7. Why does Win 10 keep crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Win 10 keep crashing: Installed Win 10 Pro on a Dell Latitude and the thing keeps crashing along with Firefox. I can't believe how unreliable this POS OS is. Is there a fix for this somewhere? Thanks. 152094
  8. Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro: I upgraded from Vista to Win 10 Pro. Windows Pro seems to be working ok. When I try to upload the latest drivers for my Dell computer, I do not see the operating system Win 10. It only shows Vista and Win XP. How come It does not show Win 10 as a operating system...
  9. Why does Microsoft do what it does?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Microsoft do what it does?: I realize this is a user forum and that most of the users are far more conversant with Microsoft talk than me but are generally not MS employees; maybe someone could explain a couple of things to me having to do with updates. What I need in an OS is that it works, is...
  10. what does install_clap do in win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what does install_clap do in win 10: what does install_clap do in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/what-does-installclap-do-in-win-10/1b531238-b3a2-45ed-add0-b4928335d660"