Windows 10: What is wrong with my audio jack/speakers?

Discus and support What is wrong with my audio jack/speakers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi so on my new asus vivobook s15 S532FL the audio jack sound is really flat with next to no bass even at full volume( does not even get loud) I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ryan__2004, Jan 11, 2020.

1. What is wrong with my audio jack/speakers?

Hi so on my new asus vivobook s15 S532FL the audio jack sound is really flat with next to no bass even at full volume( does not even get loud) I have really good Sony earbuds that sound amazing with lots of bass and get really loud on my s9. The speakers on this laptop are also extremely quite, when i am trying to show someone any clip with audio I have to pair my jbl flip 4 even in a quite room. My jbl has good bass when it is connected so I am not sure whats really wrong.

Any tips/ help would be good thanks!

submitted by /u/Ryan__2004
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ryan__2004, Jan 11, 2020

2. Internet Audio Playing Through Internal Speaker

Hello,

Audio driver conflict is one of the possible causes of this audio issue that you're experiencing. To properly troubleshoot the issue, kindly verify the following:

• Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue, such as installing a specific update?
    • Have you already tried checking your speaker connections for loose cables or wrong jack?
    • What about checking the power and volume levels, and try turning all the volume controls up?
    • Have you also tried connecting your external speaker to another computer or connecting other speakers to your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps you've tried?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Calvin D Win User

What is wrong with my audio jack/speakers?

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem.

1. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem.
    2. The audio output through a DisplayPort monitor's audio jack and monitors' speakers still work, so the computer can still produce audio. The monitor's audio jack is not an option.
    3. Both audio jacks stopped working at the same time despite only one being in use, so it's not hardware.
    What is the problem and what is the solution?

Calvin D, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

What is wrong with my audio jack/speakers?

1. What is wrong with my audio jack/speakers? - Similar Threads - wrong audio jack

2. My Speakers aren't listed anywhere. No Audio Front and Rear jacks. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Speakers aren't listed anywhere. No Audio Front and Rear jacks. What to do?: After switching to a new Motherboard, My Audio jacks stopped working. At first I thought it might've been a faulty motherboard, so I got a replacement same model, but still same issue persists.I have tried:-Checking HD Audio Pin-Reinstalling/Updating Drivers-trying different...
  3. My Speakers aren't listed anywhere. No Audio Front and Rear jacks. What to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Speakers aren't listed anywhere. No Audio Front and Rear jacks. What to do?: After switching to a new Motherboard, My Audio jacks stopped working. At first I thought it might've been a faulty motherboard, so I got a replacement same model, but still same issue persists.I have tried:-Checking HD Audio Pin-Reinstalling/Updating Drivers-trying different...
  4. My Speakers aren't listed anywhere. No Audio Front and Rear jacks. What to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My laptop speaker and audio jack not working

My laptop speaker and audio jack not working: Hi!My laptop speaker and audio jack suddenly stopped working at the same time, instead of sounds it's just crackles or popping sounds. When I'm using BlueTooth it's working fine. I've tried to update the drivers but nothing changed and when I use the default there's no sound...
  6. Audio "Jack Information" for the speakers

Audio "Jack Information" for the speakers: Hello ,i have PC speakers 5.1 Creative Inspire T5900. T5900Windows 10, motherboard asus g97m-e.In windows "sound/speakers properties", windows don't recognize them as 5.1 speakersI think it has to be like thisAll 3 wires from the speakers are pluged in PC. Sound is coming...
  7. Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack: [ATTACH] For context, I built my pc back in 2018 and when I initially installed Windows 10, the mic did not work and I could not find a solution to fix it. The sound settings would always say that there are no input devices found and I just stopped bothering with it....
  8. Speaker and Jack Information

Speaker and Jack Information: I was playing video games and noticed that my audio was off so when i went into settings and looked under Jack Information, It says that LR is green C sub is orange RL RR is black and LR is green. I have tried updating drivers and nothing has worked, when i go to test the...
  9. My speaker keep switching with HDMI-to-VGA audio jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My speaker keep switching with HDMI-to-VGA audio jack: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ndra20 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ek9oe6/my_speaker_keep_switching_with_hdmitovga_audio/
  10. My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack

My speaker jack is recognised as microphone jack: So I installed windows 10 on a pc from vista ultimate , and after the installation I didn't have any speaker device but two microphones, I installed the updates to the latest and I don't know what to do...