Windows 10: What is wrong with my Edge?

Discus and support What is wrong with my Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge browser became really buggy all of a sudden. I've done a clean Windows install soon after that (WIn10 build 1607), but the problem is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jakov1, Jan 27, 2017.

1. jakov1 Win User

What is wrong with my Edge?

Microsoft Edge browser became really buggy all of a sudden. I've done a clean Windows install soon after that (WIn10 build 1607), but the problem is still there. I have tried resetting the browser only, but no success. GPU drivers are up to date (R9 380). It only happens in Edge, all other browsers are fine. When I made a new local account, there were no problems.

Video upload (AK1G) - vidme

This kind of a twitch happens every now and then and I have to restart the browser so I can use it normally. It happens in all kinds of situations, while browsing, being open in the background or being completely idle. The apps which are running simultaneously become unresponsive until I minimize/ maximize/ switch between them.

Is there a way to fix this without making a new account?

:)

jakov1, Jan 27, 2017

2. What is wrong with my 5610???

Nokia Care. They r at a few locations. I went to the one at Parkway. Sorry pal, I tried to get the listing of locations for you. But couldn't. Go to Nokia.com.sg and search through the Care Centre on "Contact Us".

The service staff are Filipino. All they do is smile and "Sorry Mdm". I know it's not their fault. I'm just **bleep** with Nokia.

I have been asking myself why I bought another Nokia. I was using Samsung and was much happier until this mistake 3 weeks ago.

There were at least 2 other people who told the service staff the same thing - this will be their LAST NOkia phone.

Ultimate disappointment.

stellaz---01, Jan 27, 2017
  3. What is wrong with my 5610???

I brought it to the Nokia repair for software upgrade. All's fine now.

There were 2 or 3 other people using the same phone at the repair shop had the same problem with the same idiotic phone.

What was more frustrating is that the problem is a KNOWN problem. And Nokia happy released the phone into the market. I would have much appreciated if they so much as inform me at the point of purchase. I would at least have upgraded the software before I started
    customizing the damn phone.

By the way, for software upgrade, u have to leave the phone with the repair shop for about 4 hours.

stellaz---01, Jan 27, 2017
  4. MaxPad Win User

in a nutshell it's a microsoft browser, that is what is wrong with it.

MaxPad, Jan 27, 2017
  5. Nothing wrong with Edge Browser been using it since day one, it is 99% better than IE as since installed have had no freezes etc

hTconeM9user, Jan 27, 2017
  6. Just a question do you have Java anywhere on your computer as that could or might cause your problem, or any other program you have installed.
    Also have you downloaded and installed the latest update
    Critical Update KB3211320 for Windows 10 Version 1607

7. JBGoode Win User
    That's only your experience and obviously doesn't mirror everyone's. In my experience, Edge is junk with constant freezes and crashes. Went back to Firefox and highly doubt I'll ever go back to Edge.

JBGoode, Jan 27, 2017
  8. What is wrong with my Edge?

I know that but Chrome, Firefox and IE all messed up my systems I look after including ones in my grand daughter shops Edge runs fast and keeps her business going

9. MaxPad Win User
    you can stop stocking / trolling me.

MaxPad, Jan 28, 2017
  10. MaxPad Win User
    thank you

MaxPad, Jan 28, 2017
  11. Winuser Win User
    IMHO, MS never got IE right and I doubt they every get Edge right. I only use it for testing on my Insider build.*I prefer to use Pale Moon as my main browser.

Winuser, Jan 28, 2017
  12. Winuser Win User
    I see I just got my first asterisk*using Edge*on the latest Insider Build. I'm going back to Pale Moon.

Winuser, Jan 28, 2017
  13. Berton Win User

I've even ran into some Microsoft sites/pages that didn't recognize Edge, had to use IE.

Berton, Jan 28, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    That would be the Update Catalog? That's because it required ActiveX which (quite rightly) isn't included in Edge (or any other browser of worth except IE). I use the past tense 'required' because Microsoft have rewritten that site to remove the ActiveX components.

As for browsers, I use Edge, IE and Firefox interchangeably. They all work just fine for me, there's little or no difference in performance I can see.

15. jakov1 Win User
    I do have Java, but I don't think that's the problem because there is nothing wrong when I make a new local account. Java doesn't go away when I do that, but everything works normally. I also have that update.

jakov1, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

1. What is wrong with my Edge? - Similar Threads - wrong Edge

2. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  3. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  4. Spellcheck on Edge broke, doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spellcheck on Edge broke, doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites...: I was writing an email today in Gmail and changed my spellcheck language for a minute, then I switched it back to English and it appears to have broken it. It doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites like Google search while on others does not work anymore...
  5. Wrong Icon shows after creating desktop shortcut to websites with Edge.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Icon shows after creating desktop shortcut to websites with Edge.: Create a desktop shortcut to websites with Edge as follows: 1. %windir%\explorer.exe microsoft-edge:website path 2. Specify the website icon. But the icon of "Explorer" in Task Manager becomes the icon of the website....
  6. Microsoft Edge detects the wrong Geographical Location

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge detects the wrong Geographical Location: Location accuracy can do a lot in today’s times. In a browser, it would mean customized search results, personalized recommendations, etc. If Microsoft Edge on your PC is detecting a wrong geographical location, this guide will help you. There are many pros and cons that...
  7. Is something wrong with Edge?

Is something wrong with Edge?: [ATTACH] So, i must say that i don´t use Edge i use Chrome, but a few days ago i noticed that on task manager an absurd number of microsoft edge update exist. I tried opening edge and check if it had an updated, but it said it was updated. I just checked answers...
  8. Wrong Location In MS EDGE and Windows Map App

Wrong Location In MS EDGE and Windows Map App: MS Edge opening Google Maps has the PC location off by 17 miles. Windows 10 Map App has same incorrect location. I have done the location set/reset. set the default location to the PC's location, cleared location history, stopped syncing, run SFC /SCANNOW, chkdsk, etc. to no...
  9. Edge in wrong Language

Edge in wrong Language: I am updating Edge on my work PC and for whatever reason its installing to a non-English language. I have tried the settings in edge to change the display language but English is not a option either USA or UK. The PC itself is set to English. All other apps use English. It...
  10. Wrong sizes of File Explorer, Word, Edge, Excel, and Power Point after restore down

Wrong sizes of File Explorer, Word, Edge, Excel, and Power Point after restore down: [ATTACH][ATTACH] An error persists in a four months old Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop. All Windows 10 and Dell updates have been installed. The preferred sizes are i File Explorer and Word Home and Student 2019 ~ 7” wide x 10” long; i.e. full length of monitor. Please see...