Windows 10: What is wrong with my laptop!? What are these “service host” programs and why are they...

Discus and support What is wrong with my laptop!? What are these “service host” programs and why are they... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tershak_Teriyaki [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tershak_Teriyaki, Nov 23, 2020.

1. What is wrong with my laptop!? What are these “service host” programs and why are they...

/u/Tershak_Teriyaki, Nov 23, 2020

2. Browser /connection security, hosts file and DNS service

You're saying that Open DNS(and other services like it) house their own list of known 'bad' sites, and by using their DNS servers, it will filter out sites based on that list?

Would you believe I was already using Open DNS servers.
    This means the hosts file is moot?

And furthering that, if there's any bespoke sites I want to manually add, I could do it through my router directly.

Thus I can empty my local hosts file and turn my DNS service back on?

newconroer, Nov 23, 2020
  3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Nov 23, 2020
  4. What is wrong with my laptop!? What are these “service host” programs and why are they...

Windows Service Host for windows 10

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you receiving an error message or a notification before the service host starts up? Please send us a screenshot if there is any.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Dennis Mop, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

What is wrong with my laptop!? What are these “service host” programs and why are they...

1. What is wrong with my laptop!? What are these “service host” programs and why are they... - Similar Threads - wrong laptop are

2. What is Service Host: Network Service and Delivery Optimization? Why is it tanking my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is Service Host: Network Service and Delivery Optimization? Why is it tanking my...: So I play a lot of video games okay? I was playing an online game and my ping just spikes out of nowhere up to 4000 and it's completely unplayable so I checked task manager to see what was happening and I found Service Host: Network Service with a drop down menu with...
  3. What's my wrong?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's my wrong?: Hello all: After years working of my w10, I feel it has changed something out of my experience. Right now every night before I go to sleep, I do the "Start/Power/Shout Down" Then next morning I open and boot it. The strange thing is: after booting, the speed of...
  4. what is wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is wrong: [ATTACH] My pc is loud sometimes usualy i7 8700k rtx 2070 (zotac) 16gb ram motherboard : asrock z370 pro4 What is wrong ? ps : i bought a pc whole ,i didnt build...
  5. What is Host Process for Windows Services?

What is Host Process for Windows Services?: Why is it eating all my internet data? Is it responsible for updating Windows? or what? submitted by /u/AayushBoliya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k21mi9/what_is_host_process_for_windows_services/
  6. What is Service Host: Server?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is Service Host: Server?: Hi all, My new company requires us all to use Citrix Workspace for office related work. Ever since I've installed this software, I've noticed that my machine is super laggy. Even when I log off of Citrix Workspace and exit the application, I notice it is super slow. I...
  7. What is wrong with my update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is wrong with my update?: Today I had to completely reinstall windows 10 because idk what I did but I messed something up and needed to reinstall completely. Now it is updating and it says that my pc should restart mamy times so I'm not worried but it is taking a LONG time for this. Its been...
  8. What’s wrong with my computer

What’s wrong with my computer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16YpU2daFpHIw2WoAJOiqyxaDOVNNB9tl/view?usp=drivesdk every time I would turn on my computer it goes fine until o reach the login screen, it refreshes over and over making me not able to log in, I tried going on safe mode but that didn’t do...
  9. What's wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's wrong?: Please see the 2 photos below and tell me why isn't it 18632.116. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-wrong/1228bde9-224e-47b3-b65b-7e8cef0a3998
  10. What is wrong with my Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    What is wrong with my Edge?: Microsoft Edge browser became really buggy all of a sudden. I've done a clean Windows install soon after that (WIn10 build 1607), but the problem is still there. I have tried resetting the browser only, but no success. GPU drivers are up to date (R9 380). It only happens in...