Windows 10: What is wrong with my update?

Discus and support What is wrong with my update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I had to completely reinstall windows 10 because idk what I did but I messed something up and needed to reinstall completely. Now it is updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TJOConnor, Jul 26, 2020.

1. TJOConnor Win User

What is wrong with my update?

Today I had to completely reinstall windows 10 because idk what I did but I messed something up and needed to reinstall completely. Now it is updating and it says that my pc should restart mamy times so I'm not worried but it is taking a LONG time for this. Its been restarting for about 15 hours now. When I looked it up I saw that multiple hours was how long it took for the whole installation for most people. I should also mention that the percentage of completion isn't raising up at all, it is stuck at 64%. What can i do?

:)

TJOConnor, Jul 26, 2020

2. wrong bios programmed on my card what now?

are you kidding? or is this being lost in language barriers?(if so, then id suggest trying google translateon the list above, or reading it several times, im sorry that i cant help with that part) the PCIe slot is what you need, thats where you plug the GPU into. follow the step by step guide, that is your solution. VGA= Video Graphics array, or adapter in this case, AKA GPU, Aka, Video Card.

The 2nd gpu acts as a way to boot into OS since you're not able to do so with the damaged GPU. I don't know what your system specs are but if you have onboard graphics enable them in your bios and then reset your PC or do it after a reset depending on what your motherboard requires that will allow you to boot into your operating system then follow the steps after number three in the list above.( note that if you do not have built-in graphics on your CPU this is where you will use a second GPU )

i hope this helps......Best of luck, i have 35minutes to get dressed, and be on a transport to Kessel.......another day covered in Spice, *Frown What is wrong with my update? :( (atleast im working in the Refinery *Wink What is wrong with my update? ;) )

jboydgolfer, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 26, 2020
  4. What is wrong with my update?

What kind of quad.

I suspect you are at "the edge" of the power rating for the mainboard. Perhaps Q6600 wasnt listed due to TWO versions, C3 stepping at 105W and G0 stepping at 95W. Furthermore, if you OC the G0 Q6600 then it will use more than 95W. Since Q9300 is on a 1333 buss, then perhaps the BIOS doesnt give you scope to OC it, keeping it well withing the 95W envelope.

My suggestion is, if the mainboard is important to you and you dont want to blow the power regulators or caps, to NOT OC the Q6600. Take the thing out of design spec (by OC'ing it) and you may very well rapidly reduce the half-life of your board.

Also, as erocker suggests, there are 65W quads out now. I think those are better suited to this mainboard.

Good luck.

lemonadesoda, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

What is wrong with my update?

1. What is wrong with my update? - Similar Threads - wrong update

2. Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates: After one of the recent updates Task Manager in Windows 11 shows memory consumed by processes in its Details tab as single kilobytes which is obviously wrong. Look at the screenshot, it shows Visual Studio with a heavy project loaded:Clearly this information is wrong, before...
  3. Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager shows wrong memory consumed by processes after the recent updates: After one of the recent updates Task Manager in Windows 11 shows memory consumed by processes in its Details tab as single kilobytes which is obviously wrong. Look at the screenshot, it shows Visual Studio with a heavy project loaded:Clearly this information is wrong, before...
  4. After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...: After the update windows ran into "Automatic Repairing" but many of options in advanced settings in troubleshoot, requires account's password and it's says wrong!!! Even I changed password in case I forgot, Soo? Like there's no way except new windows installation, a month ago...
  5. After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...

After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...: After the update windows ran into "Automatic Repairing" but many of options in advanced settings in troubleshoot, requires account's password and it's says wrong!!! Even I changed password in case I forgot, Soo? Like there's no way except new windows installation, a month ago...
  6. After update windows auto repairs, troubleshoot can't access anything because wrong...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Update: Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update: Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later: When I was trying to run a program it kept on crashing and I decided to check for updates in the settings app only to find out that it is having an error which reads: Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later. Now I'm wondering what to do to try and fix this issue...
  8. Windows Update: Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later

Windows Update: Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later: When I was trying to run a program it kept on crashing and I decided to check for updates in the settings app only to find out that it is having an error which reads: Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later. Now I'm wondering what to do to try and fix this issue...
  9. Windows Update: Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. "Windows Update: Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows Update: Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.": I need a FixList.txt for my logs, can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-something-went-wrong-try-to-reopen/cbdb6f39-6bf7-41c0-b97b-28817e3b3057