Windows 10: What is wrong with wifi???

Discus and support What is wrong with wifi??? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; it keeps disconnecting for no reason, any help? driver is updated submitted by /u/GaminB4 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GaminB4, Feb 21, 2020.

1. What is wrong with wifi???

it keeps disconnecting for no reason, any help? driver is updated

submitted by /u/GaminB4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GaminB4, Feb 21, 2020
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 21, 2020
  4. What is wrong with wifi???

Wifi Devices connecting to the wrong subnet

I just installed a Dlink DIR-890L and it is setup to assign devices to the range 192.168.1.1 to .254

What is wrong with wifi??? [​IMG]

However, it seems that when most of my devices connect they are ending up with an IP address that is 192.168.0.something.

This is causing the device to be able to connect to the router but not to the Internet. It has happened with my laptop, 2 cell phones and wireless thermostat. I have no idea why. Right now I am going into each device and changing the default IP and then manually changing its gateway to 192.168.1.1 (it's also coming up wrong)

I have no idea why this is happening.

I see this in the router settings but there is no where to change the default gateway but I'm not sure if I need to and so far I have been changing it to 192.168.1.1 on all the devices that I have to manually configure/

What is wrong with wifi??? [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

superwindow, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

What is wrong with wifi???

1. What is wrong with wifi??? - Similar Threads - wrong wifi

2. Something’s wrong with my WiFi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something’s wrong with my WiFi: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/El_Cortador [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/17f2axq/somethings_wrong_with_my_wifi/
  3. Can you tell me whats wrong with my laptop half of the wifi/internet section is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you tell me whats wrong with my laptop half of the wifi/internet section is...: Can you tell me what happening to my windows 10 because half of the internet/wifi section is showing up and i don't know if it because of the laptop, Please reply back when you have a answer...
  4. Can you tell me whats wrong with my laptop half of the wifi/internet section is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you tell me whats wrong with my laptop half of the wifi/internet section is...: Can you tell me what happening to my windows 10 because half of the internet/wifi section is showing up and i don't know if it because of the laptop, Please reply back when you have a answer...
  5. Can you tell me whats wrong with my laptop half of the wifi/internet section is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 11 - Settings menu is messed up wrong names, wrong sections even wifi and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Settings menu is messed up wrong names, wrong sections even wifi and...: Windows 11 - Settings menu is messed up wrong names, wrong sections even wifi and Bluetooth widget on the bottom right of the screen also I tried the solution of this question and it didn't...
  7. Windows 11 - Settings menu is messed up wrong names, wrong sections even wifi and...

Windows 11 - Settings menu is messed up wrong names, wrong sections even wifi and...: Windows 11 - Settings menu is messed up wrong names, wrong sections even wifi and Bluetooth widget on the bottom right of the screen also I tried the solution of this question and it didn't...
  8. Everything related to Microsoft in my house no longer connects to wifi, what is wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything related to Microsoft in my house no longer connects to wifi, what is wrong?: As of 4 hours prior to this, everything related to Microsoft/google in my house has stopped connecting to the internet. This includes 2 computers, an Xbox series X, and an Xbox 360, everything else in our house is fine, and even our isp says our connection is completely fine,...
  9. Everything related to Microsoft in my house no longer connects to wifi, what is wrong?

Everything related to Microsoft in my house no longer connects to wifi, what is wrong?: As of 4 hours prior to this, everything related to Microsoft/google in my house has stopped connecting to the internet. This includes 2 computers, an Xbox series X, and an Xbox 360, everything else in our house is fine, and even our isp says our connection is completely fine,...
  10. Everything related to Microsoft in my house no longer connects to wifi, what is wrong?

in Windows 10 Customization