Windows 10: what is wrong with windows 10 1909 latest update?

Discus and support what is wrong with windows 10 1909 latest update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had some glitches with windows the last couple of weeks. Usually a reboot would fix the problem. Today I had problems with Hyper-v manager.opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rac8006, Mar 19, 2020.

1. rac8006 Win User

what is wrong with windows 10 1909 latest update?

I've had some glitches with windows the last couple of weeks. Usually a reboot would fix the problem. Today I had problems with Hyper-v manager.opened the its window. Then it took several minutes before it would display the possible virtual machines. Click on one of them and it would take several minutes to display the virtual machines window. I then clicked start
    and after a few minutes it would display that it could not connect. I rebooted the machine several times with the same results.
    I also tried to start my beyondtv application. It would display it starting windows and then hang forever. This program has been running for many years. I also see problems with firefox being very slow to open and display usatoday.com. Seems to spend a lot of time looking up different sites used by the page.
    Microsoft edge does not seem to have this slowness.

PS system is uptodate as of today. I checked for updates before having this problem.

:)

rac8006, Mar 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 19, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 19, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. what is wrong with windows 10 1909 latest update? - Similar Threads - wrong 1909 latest

2. What's wrong with windows 10 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's wrong with windows 10 1909?: Kinda depressing since I have built a new PC It's random crashing and freezing when idle. However, when I play games there's no issue. BSOD popping up and freezing, the keyboard freezes as well. Three problems need help with this ⚠️ Need solution Specs: ryzen 3400G, 8gb...
  3. Latest Windows 10 update from 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update from 1909: Hi, got the latest update from build 1909 . After installation , internet connection keeps dropping out . Managed to roll back to previous version 1909, everything seems to be working OK again . Anyone else had problems ? Managed to put off further updates till July . Am I...
  4. The latest update for Windows 10 1909

The latest update for Windows 10 1909: I updated my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and after the update after 2 years ran the update last night now I'm having this problem.. When I go to Activate Windows I'm getting an Error Code: 0X803F7001 That they can't reactivate my device because they can't find my...
  5. Windows 10 latest update 1909

Windows 10 latest update 1909: Since I updated, I can't open File Explorer or Task Manager. I can click and see that there open small view off taskbar, yet I can't get it to actually open up so I can use it. I've done a restore back to version 10 1809 and everything works fine. The computer even runs...
  6. Latest 1909 updates .

Latest 1909 updates .: Has anyone else had numerous apps suspended by the latest 1909 windows 10 update , including the update on March 1 2020. Microsoft store , mail, edge, cortana, WinRT OOP server ,windows shell experience host , Money and other apps are inaccessible and when attempts are made...
  7. Unable to Update to the Latest Version of Windows 1909

Unable to Update to the Latest Version of Windows 1909: I'm starting a new thread to seek help since the original has had no progress. I'm currently running 1803, and have been attempting to update since last May 1903, and again since last November 1909. Solutions I've tried: Manual installation Updating drivers Running the...
  8. Updating to the latest November 1909 update

Updating to the latest November 1909 update: Here recently, my laptop just got fixed due to a major screen issue from the inside itself. I've been needing the November 1909 update for quite a while now and can't seem to install it. I would use the HP Update Assistant to get the update. 8 gigabytes needed to download the...
  9. Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909)

Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909): Currently running 1803, and I've been attempting to update to 1903 since its release in May and now to 1909 for the last month. The updates download normally in the Windows Update setting, and get to about 84% installation before throwing an Error 0x80070003. Solutions...
  10. What the actual @#$&#&#&#(! Is wrong with Microsoft! What is this shit!!!? 1909!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the actual @#$&#&#&#(! Is wrong with Microsoft! What is this shit!!!? 1909!: How can I stand behind a product that keeps on failing time after time!? This is beyond stupid now! Rant over... Have nice day!! submitted by /u/TheWindMiller [link] [comments]...