Windows 10: What is X drive? And can it repair my computer?

Discus and support What is X drive? And can it repair my computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i was at prompt command and type x/: and then i did dir and it shows me a history like list and now I'm wondering how to access those?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nathanjohn2, Feb 16, 2020.

1. What is X drive? And can it repair my computer?

When i was at prompt command and type x/: and then i did dir and it shows me a history like list and now I'm wondering how to access those?

:)

Nathanjohn2, Feb 16, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 16, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting 2 x Windows 10 OS Drives (Existing Installs)

It is uneccessary to do all of the above.
    1. Boot up Windows 10
    2. Open Disk Management and take a note of the drive letter of the other Windows 10
    3. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the drive letter noted in step 2
    4. Reboot, you should have a dual boot menu.

topgundcp, Feb 16, 2020
  4. What is X drive? And can it repair my computer?

windows 10 crash x: drive

I have same problem windows 10 x system32

occurred after a power failure. have tried all the fixes suggested. on chkdsk it says cant find partition

also tried this and tried the above fixes suggested. still no help will not boot, will not fix from startup repair, will not reset pc, will not finish a restore. errors are cant not complete. from the prompt will not cd to c drive, says cant find a partition.

MaryKingKat, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

What is X drive? And can it repair my computer?

1. What is X drive? And can it repair my computer? - Similar Threads - drive repair computer

2. my hard drive is not repairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hard drive is not repairing: When I plug in my hard drive, the scanning and repair notification pops up so I press repair. The green loading bar gets finishes in about 2-3 minutes but it stays like that. I let it sit like that for a couple hours because I assumed I had a lot on my hard drive so it needed...
  3. (How) Can I repair this drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    (How) Can I repair this drive?: I had a power outage while I had several processes involving one 4 TB drive in my system. When power came back on and I ran chkdsk on all the drives in my system, I got the following for this one drive: [img] What does the chkdsk insufficient disk space error message...
  4. (How) Can I repair this drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    (How) Can I repair this drive?: I had a power outage while I had several processes involving one 4 TB drive in my system. When power came back on and I ran chkdsk on all the drives in my system, I got the following for this one drive: [img] What does the chkdsk insufficient disk space error message...
  5. In the command prompt my C: drive was changed to an X: drive and computer is unable to boot...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In the command prompt my C: drive was changed to an X: drive and computer is unable to boot...: After a Windows 10 update my Dell X8900 desktop would not boot up. I got the error message no OS available. I went to the command prompt and it looks like my C: was changed to an X: drive and it has all my files but is not bootable. if I can get my Windows 10 divd to...
  6. What if my computer's hard drive crashed?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What if my computer's hard drive crashed?: I have recently upgraded my ASUS G73SW-XN2 laptop to windows 10 from windows 7. Having purchased a copy from the Microsoft website that led me to receive a physical USB with a CD key for windows 10 home 64bit. My question is: in the event that my hard drive was to crash, that...
  7. REPAIR MY COMPUTER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    REPAIR MY COMPUTER: [IMG]This appeared on my screen when i turned it on and I restarted it many times but it didnt work. I went to the advanced options and tried to trouble shoot but it also couldnt help me. I clicked Reset this pc after I clicked troubleshoot this pc but it just told me it...
  8. Computer stuck in auto repair and in X: drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck in auto repair and in X: drive: Hi, I recently got a used Pavilion 23 computer and it won't start up no matter what I try. I'm not good with computers technical bits but I have a good idea on how to use them. I would greatly appreciate any help as I really would like to use this computer....
  9. Network drive mapped as 'X' can be seen be not accessed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drive mapped as 'X' can be seen be not accessed: Hello everyone. I work for a small charity and we have three windows 10 PCs that have a small network set up. This is primarily to use one MS Access database over the three machines. If you try and access the database it doesn't work (only on the main PC, not the 2 slave...
  10. What's the help command in drive X:\ (Recovery Drive) CMD Prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the help command in drive X:\ (Recovery Drive) CMD Prompt?: Does the HELP, /?, /help or ? work in the CMD Prompt of Drive X:\ (Windows Recovery Environment on Windows 10)? It doesn't on my computer, concerned it might be tampering if not simply a quirk of Windows RE. 99995

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Command prompt showing X: drive