Windows 10: What is XMRig?

Discus and support What is XMRig? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Well, according to their website, it's a crypto miner. It's been on my PC for about 24 days now, only showing twice in my task manager.For safety... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fireballkallyn.., Nov 23, 2022.

1. What is XMRig?

Well, according to their website, it's a crypto miner. It's been on my PC for about 24 days now, only showing twice in my task manager.For safety reasons, does anybody know the programs that install this on your PC? I saw it once on my Task Manager taking 50% of my CPU and mistakenly closed it. The second time was just about 15 minutes ago where I opened the file location so I can delete it. Well. It has been hiding in my Microsoft folder the whole time. I knew obviously that Microsoft wouldn't need to use a Crypto Miner because they are a Multi-Billion dollar company, why would they need to s

:)

fireballkallyn.., Nov 23, 2022
  2. Jacee Win User

PUA:Win32/CoinMiner and XMRig cannot get rid of

I see two downloads on that page....one for 64 bit and one for 32 bit *Confused

What is XMRig? [​IMG]

Jacee, Nov 23, 2022
  3. nitehawk Win User
    PUA:Win32/CoinMiner and XMRig cannot get rid of

Hi guys, This has been doing my head in so after some help if possible
    i have done a lot of googling and tried most things but windows av keeps showing this

Ok, so for some reason win 10 Av keeps finding PUA:Win32/CoinMiner and XMRig as (active)

What is XMRig? [​IMG]

What is XMRig? [​IMG]

What is XMRig? [​IMG]

I have run Rkill and then Malwaresbytes and ESET Online Scanner and also in Safe mode with both scanners, Under win 10 2004 (19041.508)
    which have found nothing/nada
    If these keeps saying (Active) does this mean that the programs are actually running?
    why do two programs not show anything wrong and windows Av keeping giving me these issues?
    My lappy is LAGGY as heck and usually System interrupts go up to 100% a lot of the last few weeks
    What else can i try as i am going grey over this What is XMRig? :)
    Thanks guys

Edit, i cannot find any of the folders these PUAs are running under either

here is my Rkill report

Program started at: 10/13/2020 04:49:18 PM in x64 mode.
    Windows Version: Windows 10 Home

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* No issues found.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* HOSTS file entries found:

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 # fix for traceroute and netstat display anomaly
    0.0.0.0 tracking.opencandy.com.s3.amazonaws.com
    0.0.0.0 media.opencandy.com
    0.0.0.0 cdn.opencandy.com
    0.0.0.0 tracking.opencandy.com
    0.0.0.0 api.opencandy.com
    0.0.0.0 api.recommendedsw.com
    0.0.0.0 rp.yefeneri2.com
    0.0.0.0 os.yefeneri2.com
    0.0.0.0 os2.yefeneri2.com
    0.0.0.0 installer.betterinstaller.com
    0.0.0.0 installer.filebulldog.com
    0.0.0.0 d3oxtn1x3b8d7i.cloudfront.net
    0.0.0.0 inno.bisrv.com
    0.0.0.0 nsis.bisrv.com
    0.0.0.0 cdn.file2desktop.com
    0.0.0.0 cdn.goateastcach.us

20 out of 41 HOSTS entries shown.
    Please review HOSTS file for further entries.

Program finished at: 10/13/2020 04:59:04 PM
    Execution time: 0 hours(s), 9 minute(s), and 45 seconds(s)

nitehawk, Nov 23, 2022
  4. What is XMRig?

im havig a VM with Windows server 2016 OS, There is a process called XMRig in task manager. It opens automatically every time and if I end task, remove all the files and close it, it reopens.

Hi John,

I have already scanned the server with Malware bytes, again after some days xmrig process starts coming.

Chaithra M R, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

What is XMRig?

1. What is XMRig? - Similar Threads - XMRig

2. I'm havig a VM with Windows server 2016 OS, There is a process called XMRig in task...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm havig a VM with Windows server 2016 OS, There is a process called XMRig in task...: Im having a VM with Windows server 2016 OS, There is a process called XMRig in task manager. It opens automatically every time and if I end task, remove all the files and close it, it reopens. When I open task manager CPU Utilization will be 100%. It is not in startup...
  3. im havig a VM with Windows server 2016 OS, There is a process called XMRig in task manager....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im havig a VM with Windows server 2016 OS, There is a process called XMRig in task manager....: Im having a VM with Windows server 2016 OS, There is a process called XMRig in task manager. It opens automatically every time and if I end task, remove all the files and close it, it reopens. When I open task manager CPU Utilization will be 100%. It is not in startup...
  4. im havig a VM with Windows server 2016 OS, There is a process called XMRig in task manager....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im havig a VM with Windows server 2016 OS, There is a process called XMRig in task manager....: Im having a VM with Windows server 2016 OS, There is a process called XMRig in task manager. It opens automatically every time and if I end task, remove all the files and close it, it reopens. When I open task manager CPU Utilization will be 100%. It is not in startup...
  5. Defender is not blocking the xmrig minor virus in windows server 2016

Defender is not blocking the xmrig minor virus in windows server 2016: windows Defender is not blocking the xmrig minor virus in windows server 2016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-is-not-blocking-the-xmrig-minor-virus-in/0687d37d-66e8-45da-906c-c78513cdd5c9
  6. Pls help "problem with XMRig"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pls help "problem with XMRig": I don't even know what a XMRig is. It opens automatically every time I start computer and if I close it, it reopens. When I open task manager it disappears. It is not in startup programs and I can't find it using search. My ram is only 4GB and as soon as this program started...
  7. PUA:Win32/CoinMiner and XMRig cannot get rid of

PUA:Win32/CoinMiner and XMRig cannot get rid of: Hi guys, This has been doing my head in so after some help if possible i have done a lot of googling and tried most things but windows av keeps showing this Ok, so for some reason win 10 Av keeps finding PUA:Win32/CoinMiner and XMRig as (active) [img] [img] [img] I have...
  8. How to remove Wise XMRig CPU Miner Trojan : sysupdate.exe xmrig cpu miner

How to remove Wise XMRig CPU Miner Trojan : sysupdate.exe xmrig cpu miner: We are using Azure VM and we are identified one service called XMRig taking more CPU process time Os Details : Microsoft Server 2012 R2 Edition SQL Server Installed When we open the details of the XMRig process, it shows the sysupdate.exe process running on my...