Windows 10: What is your favorite disk imaging/backup software for Windows 10?

Discus and support What is your favorite disk imaging/backup software for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello everybody, please tell me, what is your preferred imaging software to backup individual devices in the private environment? No databases,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mfessler, Jun 21, 2020.

1. mfessler Win User

What is your favorite disk imaging/backup software for Windows 10?

Hello everybody,

please tell me, what is your preferred imaging software to backup individual devices in the private environment?
    No databases, exchange or similar just a typical private PC.

Small, fast, reliable, differential backups would be nice, live (from the running Windows), well customizable - backup scheme, log files, schedule or when shutting down ... the usual things.

The most common use case will be: Backup with or before shutdown to an external hard drive.
    Restore individual files or completely on the same device using Win RE/PE or, if necessary, a own rescue medium.

I now pinch my experiences with one or the other tool - just to see what suggestions may come up.

Many thanks,
    greetings

Martin

:)

mfessler, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

Reliable backup software for Windows 7?

If you want to backup to a standard format, Comodo allows it, and I'm sure the rest do as well.. even using 7z or ZIP. The problem you'll find is that they take up more space than proprietary formatting and in my experience take longer as well. I think you're trying to over-complicate something you want to be simple in all honesty man. No offense meant by that, but I feel you're trying too hard to minimize what you backup...what is the size of the data you want to backup?

As I said before, a system image is going to be the largest and easiest, I realize you want to narrow it down and you can do that with pretty much everything suggested here, including Windows Backup. If you were on Windows 8 or newer, it's backup is just a file-for-file backup and between that and shadow copies you'd be set. I really like it for quick and easy access without needing any image software (though Win8+ natively mounts and accesses ISO's). Plus it keeps track of changed files and backs them up using spare/idle resources. Maybe this is the answer you seek...

What's stopping you from upgrading to Windows 10?

Honestly something like Macrium works well even with it's proprietary format for image access, super easy to mount, like an ISO, but you gotta have Macrium installed of course...similar to the rest of these software packages...that's part of their catch. I feel what you ask for doesn't happen any more, it would ruin good marketing opportunities and probably cause infringement on managing backup images with other software...no bueno when bottom lines count.

Kursah, Jun 21, 2020
  3. suraswami Win User
    Best "Disk Image" Software (Poll)

Also include Avanquest's Perfect Image to the list. And they have few other backup solutions too.

suraswami, Jun 21, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

What is your favorite disk imaging/backup software for Windows 10? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. What is your favorite disk imaging/backup software for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - favorite disk imaging

2. What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive?: I don't want to mess with the VSS and SPP error on backing up in Win 11, so I want to purchase the best sorftware to do image backups to external drives.Can you recommend one?...
  3. What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best software to make image backups in Windows 11 to an external drive?: I don't want to mess with the VSS and SPP error on backing up in Win 11, so I want to purchase the best sorftware to do image backups to external drives.Can you recommend one?...
  4. how to backup favorites in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to backup favorites in windows 10: I am going to windows 11 on a new computer.. How do I back-up my favorites in windows to, so I can transfer them to windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-backup-favorites-in-windows-10/16a83c6b-83d3-4a7a-9c6d-9f1e25960093
  5. What's your favorite web browser?

in Browsers and Email
    What's your favorite web browser?: What's your favorite web browser to use? My favorite web browser to use is Firefox ESR 181791
  6. Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Please state your disk imaging/backup tool preference: In my short time here, I have noted many members seem to like Macrium Reflect, but I know there are other tools out there for disk imaging and backup. I currently use the disk image creator available in Control Panel -> System and Security -> Backup and Restore, but I...
  7. What's your favorite game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's your favorite game?: What's your favorite PC Game? Share it here! 49627
  8. View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use?

View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use?: *Smile TF Live Chat will also include live presentations of Macrium Reflect & viBoot, see post #2 in chat thread for more information. OK geeks, start posting about your backup software & strategy *Smile Entries deadline 12 noon UTC on Saturday 3rd of September,...
  9. Recommendation for image backup software

Recommendation for image backup software: Hi All, Just wondering what image backup software do you recommend? I've been using Acronis 2016 and I've had a couple of minor niggles with it lately and am thinking about changing. I would prefer something with a small footprint and an easy to use interface. 25307
  10. What backup software works for windows 10?

What backup software works for windows 10?: I was wondering if Macrium or AOMEI works with windows 10.. I would use windows backup if I could setup automated backups of my drive. (I'm not sure if it does or not so if it does, please someone tell me lol). 11119