Windows 10: What is your lowest Memory consumption in Windows 10 start-up?

Discus and support What is your lowest Memory consumption in Windows 10 start-up? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a strong curiosity to ask this question since I have noticed that ever since upgrading Windows 8.1 to a fresh Windows 10 installation (from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, May 8, 2019.

1. What is your lowest Memory consumption in Windows 10 start-up?

I have a strong curiosity to ask this question since I have noticed that ever since upgrading Windows 8.1 to a fresh Windows 10 installation (from reformatted hard drive) my lowest RAM consumption at Windows 10 startup with selective startup is 1.1 GB (14%). That is higher than Windows 8.1 711MB RAM (9%) usage with 8GB RAM.

What is your lowest Memory consumption in Windows 10 start-up? [​IMG]

That is a good chunk 400MB RAM more usage than Windows 8.1. This is more or a less the exact same figure with the Home version and now Pro version that I have tested this past month.

Obviously I have 8GB RAM so perhaps having less/more RAM might show a different Memory consumption. But I'd like to know from you guys what you see in your Task Manager as your lowest RAM consumption at Windows 10 startup shortly after SysMain loads up.

I'd like to know how much the Memory consumption differs from one system over another or whether they are similar through-out all systems.*092

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, May 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - high network bandwidtch consumption by Outlook 2013

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about bandwidth consumption after upgrade to Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to delete the unused process running from the task manager.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Task Manager.
    • Identify the un-used processes, select and click on End task.

Method 2: Run the Performance troubleshooter.

Performance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the
      Search
      box and hit Enter.

• Select “System Maintenance” from the
      Troubleshooter window.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

For any further issues on Microsoft Office products, I suggest you to posting the query in the below forum.

Support for Microsoft Office

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 8, 2019
  4. What is your lowest Memory consumption in Windows 10 start-up?

HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, May 8, 2019
Thema:

What is your lowest Memory consumption in Windows 10 start-up?

1. What is your lowest Memory consumption in Windows 10 start-up? - Similar Threads - lowest Memory consumption

2. What is filling up my internal memory on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is filling up my internal memory on Windows 10?: I have an HP Stream with a small internal drive. It's not the best, but it works for what I need as a screenwriter with internet browsing. However, my internal memory continually "fills itself" whenever I create empty space. I found 1.19GB with of files to delete. My computer...
  3. What is filling up my internal memory on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is filling up my internal memory on Windows 10?: I have an HP Stream with a small internal drive. It's not the best, but it works for what I need as a screenwriter with internet browsing. However, my internal memory continually "fills itself" whenever I create empty space. I found 1.19GB with of files to delete. My computer...
  4. Desktop Window Manager DWM continously ramps up memory consumption.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Window Manager DWM continously ramps up memory consumption.: This issue has been bugging me for a while now, on Idle DWM uses <30 memory which is normal to me, but after like an hour, it goes up to 50> then after a few hours 200> then eventually peaks at 900> before you ask, yes, I did update drivers, malware scan, sfc/ scannow,...
  5. Desktop Window Manager DWM continously ramps up memory consumption.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Window Manager DWM continously ramps up memory consumption.: This issue has been bugging me for a while now, on Idle DWM uses <30 memory which is normal to me, but after like an hour, it goes up to 50> then after a few hours 200> then eventually peaks at 900> before you ask, yes, I did update drivers, malware scan, sfc/ scannow,...
  6. Desktop Window Manager DWM continously ramps up memory consumption.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. System Restore Excessive memory consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore Excessive memory consumption: I have a Dell laptop with 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Recently, I have found out that my C drive is getting filled without actually storing any files/programs on it. I went to storage sense and found that the system restore is consuming nearly half of my memory. Can I reduce the...
  8. start up what is the configuration for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up what is the configuration for windows 10?: start up what is the configuration for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-what-is-the-configuration-for-windows-10/104e3cf4-8208-47c5-b8c1-1f3c414425ab
  9. High memory consumption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High memory consumption: Hello! My computer is consuming a lot of memory, I have an i7 processor with 16gb ram and 256 ssd. Is it normal for chrome to consume that much?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-consumption/d9f28f33-cc1a-4d12-a5a2-95ff7b287598
  10. What's your memory assessment speed ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What's your memory assessment speed ?: Hi, Unless I missed it this was an easy test Just open a cmd as admin window by right clicking the start button and type winsat mem You can do it once or 3 times With all the ddr4 memory now being used could be interesting to see some results *Smile 83142