Windows 10: what keeps me from installing windows 10

Discus and support what keeps me from installing windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to install windows 10 but there are new builds being released as MS develop it and I keep thinking that I won't get any new build updates sopn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kesto, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Kesto Win User

what keeps me from installing windows 10

I want to install windows 10 but there are new builds being released as MS develop it and I keep thinking that I won't get any new build updates sopn after and also MS said that they give 10 free to 8.1 users right? I'm thinking that they won't give 10 free to 10TP users.

:)

Kesto, Jan 20, 2015

2. Changes

hi this is again i had to remove windows 10 from my pc and go back to factory settings which is windows 8.1 and I have a problem everytime I try to install the windows 8.1 updates and what not and it keeps saying its installing windows 10 and
    i turned it off and windows 10 took up to much ram for me and space but i dont know what to do to keep it from saying that this is a picture of my laptop computer please help me

Billy Ames, Jan 20, 2015
  3. poto3626 Win User
    Auto upgrade to Windows 10 from evaluation build 10041

I keep receiving auto update to Windows 10 from my evaluation build 10041 of Win 10 technical preview. The download is OK and it then goes through the installation process. Finally I receive a message that tells me that it was not possible to install the
    new Windows 10 and that my previous evaluation Windows 10 would be re-installed.

Can someone advice me what I should do to install the new version of Win 10?

poto3626, Jan 20, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

No you will need to have w7, or 8.1 already

5. Winuser Win User
    If you want to try Windows 10 use a VM or dual boot. You want to keep your copy of Windows 8.1. Windows 10 is not intended to replace your main OS at this time.

Winuser, Jan 21, 2015
  6. labeeman Win User
    Yes and no I know of no one that has 10TP that does not have W7 or W8.x. XP users most likely will not have it installed due to HW.

labeeman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. what keeps me from installing windows 10 - Similar Threads - keeps installing

2. Re-install windows with keep personal files and apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Re-install windows with keep personal files and apps: My windows is currently acting strange. For example it wont let me access the control panel giving me an error message and when I start or restart my laptop explorer.exe doesnt run and I have to manually start it from the task manager. I want to fix windows with the keep...
  3. I keep getting "we couldn't install this update, but you can try again 0x8007001f"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I keep getting "we couldn't install this update, but you can try again 0x8007001f": I have been trying to install the latest feature update 2004 and I've been getting this message. I've try many times. I see this kind of error is listed in some previous discussions, but there doesn't seem to be a universal solution. I have tried many of the solutions...
  4. I can't Install any software, it keeps saying "It's time to update your device"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't Install any software, it keeps saying "It's time to update your device": https://imgur.com/a/PPYaeeW As you can see, in the images attached, I can't install any software and this popup screen comes up saying "It's time to update your device". In this example, I'm trying to install Unity but trust me it doesn't work with any software. My device...
  5. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: EEEE how do i fix this i went to the services and i tried to run the windows update but it said error code 2 and error code 126: The specified module could not be found...
  6. Laptop stuck on installing windows 10 and keeps restarting

Laptop stuck on installing windows 10 and keeps restarting: I was resetting my pc and then I came across an error that told me to press OK to restart the computer and restart the installation process. I did that but then It appeared once again. And again. And again. But that wasn’t the problem. I watched this youtube video telling me...
  7. Keep getting this message: Install a new build of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep getting this message: Install a new build of windows: [ATTACH] I was on a insider build previously, which caused an issue so I reinstalled window by the download from cloud option and again got the insider build somehow. Now I stopped the insider preview updates and I haven't got any stable windows update since, just some...
  8. Windows 10 Home update install keep failing

Windows 10 Home update install keep failing: Trying to update Windows10 Home and keep getting message "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting your computer may help, and we'll keep trying to update." Restarting many times has not helped. Any ideas on where to start looking for a...
  9. AFTER WIN 10 PRO INSTALL COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    AFTER WIN 10 PRO INSTALL COMPUTER KEEPS GOING TO SLEEP: I just installed a full version not an upgrade of Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 14 7437. This computer originally had Windows 8. I do NOT want this computer to EVER go to sleep or sign off...it MUST remain on until I manually shut it down or lock it out. I have...
  10. Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Giving Black Screen

Fresh Windows 10 Install Keeps Giving Black Screen: First the details on the PC. This was my first computer build with all new components. Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus Wifi AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3000 mhz MSI Radeon RX5700 Mech OC GPU Corsair RM650 PSU Intel 665P 1TB M.2 SSD I built this computer...