Windows 10: What kind of computing devices/OSs will transfer pen pressure data over RDP?

Discus and support What kind of computing devices/OSs will transfer pen pressure data over RDP? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out the system requirements for possibly a thin client device that I can use to use to connect to RDP on my workstation windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NickTustin, Jan 25, 2019.

1. What kind of computing devices/OSs will transfer pen pressure data over RDP?

I'm trying to figure out the system requirements for possibly a thin client device that I can use to use to connect to RDP on my workstation windows 10 PC. I need to be able to transfer over wacom pen pressure information. Will that information carry over on a Windows 10 IoT operating system, or older ones like WES7? Thank you!

:)

NickTustin, Jan 25, 2019
  2. diegocom Win User

Pen pressure sensitivity calibration

Hi all,

I have two devices with active pen, one is Surface Pro 4 and one is HP Spectre x360 13.

On the Surface I can calibrate the pressure sensitivity with the Surface App but on HP Spectre x360 this app is not compatible (only with the surface devices). There is a way to make the pen less sensitivity to pressure?

For example when I use OneNote UWP I miss the 0.35 mm size that is present in OneNote 2016 and on the Surface Pro 4 I solved this with a pressure calibration.

diegocom, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 3, Pen Pressure WINTAB

Hello.

I have downloaded and upgraded to Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. In which , I downloaded the N-Trig Wintab driver from Microsoft, Revision 18. But when using Paint Tool SAI, there is no Pen Pressure at all, as well as checking it, I looked to see if the Pen
    Pressure was working in OneNote, Manga Studio 5, Clip Studio Paint, Photoshop, Sketch Book Pro and it was working perfectly in these.

But with SAI, it wasnt working at all. I went into the Misc.ini settings for SAI and changed it to read from the Wintab Driver, but this didnt work. I followed other steps noted by other Artists on Deviant Art, and had no prevail.

I had pen pressure in SAI on Windows 8.1, which was working a treat. I changed the battery to my Surface 3 Pen,Refreshed, then I tried to reset the Surface Pro 3 using Windows Troubleshoot.

It seems to only be an issue with Windows 10, as it works perfectly on Windows 8.1, and I feel like Windows 10 just doesnt know how to run Wintab. I even tried adding "Wintab32.dll" to the regsvr32 list, and it came up saying there was a Binary Error with
    the DLL. Which was downloaded from Microsoft's website about 20 different times.

Please help, I want to stay with Windows 10 (Was part of the Insider Program), and I know it worked perfectly during the Tech Preview. But I need to be able to use my Pen Pressure.

Thanks.

Gryphusウィルソン, Jan 25, 2019
  4. What kind of computing devices/OSs will transfer pen pressure data over RDP?

No pen pressure adjustment settings for HP Envy x360

I picked up an HP Envy x360 recently because it can use Windows Ink and uses the Ntrig / Microsoft Pen Protocol that the Surface line uses for their pens. The pens all work on the devices however there isn't any settings in windows to adjust the pen pressure
    unless I pay money to a third party app called Lazy Nezumi. When I use Photoshop and the Windows Ink Workspace the pressure is blown out to maximum thickness which means I can't make a controlled stroke. It's just thick.

However software like Krita and Clip Studio Paint have settings to allow me to adjust pressure settings built in and the pen works wonderfully in those programs. The Surface Pro line has the Surface App that allows me to adjust pressure universally for all
    programs. Is there a universal setting for pen pressure settings buried deep inside windows I'm not finding?

Help!

VachelShannon, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

What kind of computing devices/OSs will transfer pen pressure data over RDP?

1. What kind of computing devices/OSs will transfer pen pressure data over RDP? - Similar Threads - kind computing devices

2. Pen Pressure not working-NOT TABLET PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen Pressure not working-NOT TABLET PROBLEM: Hello, I've been struggling with this for weeks now and no one has been able to help. I use a GAOMON PD1560 screen tablet when drawing, and I noticed that my pen pressure stopped working. I tested the pressure on the driver itself it has a built in pressure tester, and it was...
  3. Pen Pressure not working-NOT TABLET PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pen Pressure not working-NOT TABLET PROBLEM: Hello, I've been struggling with this for weeks now and no one has been able to help. I use a GAOMON PD1560 screen tablet when drawing, and I noticed that my pen pressure stopped working. I tested the pressure on the driver itself it has a built in pressure tester, and it was...
  4. Is there a way to make pen tilt work through the project to device function? Pressure works...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make pen tilt work through the project to device function? Pressure works...: Hiya. I have a touch screen laptop with a pen Samsung Galaxy Flex. But it's a bit under powered, so I've tried projecting from my more powerful desktop PC to the laptop, and letting the laptop take the controls.This actually works pretty well for drawing in Clip Studio - the...
  5. Is there a way to make pen tilt work through the project to device function? Pressure works...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make pen tilt work through the project to device function? Pressure works...: Hiya. I have a touch screen laptop with a pen Samsung Galaxy Flex. But it's a bit under powered, so I've tried projecting from my more powerful desktop PC to the laptop, and letting the laptop take the controls.This actually works pretty well for drawing in Clip Studio - the...
  6. Transfer Data to New Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Data to New Computer: Hi,I am getting a replacement computer from HP and they have said that they will be shipping an upgrade because they do not make the old one anymore. I need to know if it is possible to transfer the data from an image backup of my current computer without receiving any errors...
  7. Spectre x360 pressure sensitivity not working with Microsoft pen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spectre x360 pressure sensitivity not working with Microsoft pen: I have the spectre x360 with Windows 10 and have recently bought the Microsoft surface pen as advised by the retailer as an alternative pen to the HP tilt. I was told that the pressure sensitivity would work, however with some testing I can't figure out how to have the pen...
  8. Wacom pen pressure is not working in window 10

Wacom pen pressure is not working in window 10: intous art pen pressure is not working properly in window 10. it really sucks! I have tried to turn off and on window ink and also tried pasting window config in photoshop setting. neither opacity nor pen pressure working properly. it showing same brush stroke. Anyone know...
  9. how to disable windows ink but keep pen pressure

how to disable windows ink but keep pen pressure: i have a wacom one and when windows ink is disabled i get the brushstrokes i want but no pen pressure, however when it is enabled i get pen pressure but the pen seems to stick and continue drawing even after i've lifted the pen from the surface and i get weird curving flicks...
  10. Data transfer to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data transfer to new computer: Okay, I am completely frustrated. My old desktop Windows 7 crashed. I had used an external hard drive(WD My Passport) to back up my files once a month. I had also used flash drives. I purchased and received my new desktop which is Windows 10. I am unable to get the flash...