Windows 10: what kind of file is desktop.ini?

Discus and support what kind of file is desktop.ini? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; kindly explain what is the meaning of this type of file desktop.ini... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnaisOng, Nov 19, 2019.

1. AnaisOng Win User

what kind of file is desktop.ini?

kindly explain what is the meaning of this type of file desktop.ini

:)

AnaisOng, Nov 19, 2019
  2. nuva Win User

Snippet C#: INI Files

This code is great, i'm going to use this in one of my programmes *Big Grin what kind of file is desktop.ini? :D

is it possible to make a list of all sections in the ini files?

3. Snippet C#: INI Files

GetSections() will return a string[] of section names. If you want the values too, just do a for or for loop to enumerate them. For example:

Code: foreach (string section in ini.GetSections()) { Console.WriteLine("[" + section + "]"); foreach (string key in ini[section].GetKeys()) Console.WriteLine(key + "=" + ini[section][key]); Console.WriteLine(); }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Nov 19, 2019
  4. what kind of file is desktop.ini?

cant open desktop ini files in windows 7

how to open desktop files and ini or ink files

luckybis59, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

what kind of file is desktop.ini?

1. what kind of file is desktop.ini? - Similar Threads - kind file desktop

2. what changed some kind of sub icon desktop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what changed some kind of sub icon desktop ?: hiSome of my icon suddenly changed in fact not icon really but a kind of subicon had been added on top of them – see pictureAs you can see, the kind of waveform subicon had been added to my shortcut icons. I have no idea where if come from and how to stop that...any ideas...
  3. what changed some kind of sub icon desktop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what changed some kind of sub icon desktop ?: hiSome of my icon suddenly changed in fact not icon really but a kind of subicon had been added on top of them – see pictureAs you can see, the kind of waveform subicon had been added to my shortcut icons. I have no idea where if come from and how to stop that...any ideas...
  4. what changed some kind of sub icon desktop ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Defender and .ini files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and .ini files: We ae using Windows 10 and Windows Defender antivirus. When our program saves information to an .ini file - it can take a very long time. It takes more than 4 times longer with Windows Defender than with other anti-virus programs ex AVG, Avast. If we exclude the .ini file...
  6. What kind of VIRUS is this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What kind of VIRUS is this?: I was on this forum and all of a sudden my complete screen turned a bright red covered part way with another red screen. I'm on Win10 version 1909. What I could read on the big screen said; Stop Code: Microsoft Edge Detect Malware Error Report. In the smaller window it said;...
  7. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  8. What kind of temp file windows is create

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What kind of temp file windows is create: What kind of temp file windows is create and save in that location ? C:/windows/temp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-kind-of-temp-file-windows-is-create/b8fc7294-04b9-4d15-bbea-c6b5cdf40c70"
  9. what is a .ini icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is a .ini icon?: I have these ghostly looking .ini icons on my screen, which are connected to other documents - what are they and can I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/what-is-a-ini-icon/11adb71a-4cd6-4a41-b307-0788047abf35
  10. What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer: 10C1C64FFDSC69827ABF b7f63cc5ba627ee9391 Note the former is all caps while the later only lower case letters. Their locations in File Explorer seems to change a lot and they don't open. I made up these numbers because when I went to find them, I couldn't and don't know...