Windows 10: what kind of file is this? it comes up as an application file in windows explorer?

Discus and support what kind of file is this? it comes up as an application file in windows explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ahsanm1234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjr2t4/what_kind_of_file_is_this_it_comes_up_as_an/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ahsanm1234, Oct 28, 2020.

1. what kind of file is this? it comes up as an application file in windows explorer?

/u/ahsanm1234, Oct 28, 2020
  2. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Oct 28, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

what kind of file is this? it comes up as an application file in windows explorer?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

what kind of file is this? it comes up as an application file in windows explorer?

1. what kind of file is this? it comes up as an application file in windows explorer? - Similar Threads - kind file comes

2. File Explorer will get preview errors with certain kinds of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer will get preview errors with certain kinds of files: I have Windows 11 with both HD and SSD. As my C: disk was running out of space, I was moving around some files to D: disk and creating corresponding soft links, mainly AppData. Now, whenever I attempt to preview .pdf and .docx files on File Explorer, I get error messages. The...
  3. File Explorer will get preview errors with certain kinds of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer will get preview errors with certain kinds of files: I have Windows 11 with both HD and SSD. As my C: disk was running out of space, I was moving around some files to D: disk and creating corresponding soft links, mainly AppData. Now, whenever I attempt to preview .pdf and .docx files on File Explorer, I get error messages. The...
  4. Searching by "kind" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching by "kind" in File Explorer: I know how to search by kind in File Explorer eg kind:picture returns all files that are pictures but I would like to know if there is a way to search for everything but a particular kind of file - for example when I want to see every file that is not a picture....
  5. Searching by "kind" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching by "kind" in File Explorer: I know how to search by kind in File Explorer eg kind:picture returns all files that are pictures but I would like to know if there is a way to search for everything but a particular kind of file - for example when I want to see every file that is not a picture....
  6. Searching by "kind" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. what kind of file is desktop.ini?

what kind of file is desktop.ini?: kindly explain what is the meaning of this type of file desktop.ini https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-kind-of-file-is-desktopini/974c9185-4c1d-41d3-b6bc-376f5a7e49e2"
  8. What kind of temp file windows is create

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What kind of temp file windows is create: What kind of temp file windows is create and save in that location ? C:/windows/temp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-kind-of-temp-file-windows-is-create/b8fc7294-04b9-4d15-bbea-c6b5cdf40c70"
  9. File explorer not coming up in Win 10

File explorer not coming up in Win 10: I have tried many things via the community but no luck to get file explorer to come up in Win 10, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-coming-up-in-win-10/28bb5c70-9330-4148-8c64-10c436a233a6"
  10. What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer: 10C1C64FFDSC69827ABF b7f63cc5ba627ee9391 Note the former is all caps while the later only lower case letters. Their locations in File Explorer seems to change a lot and they don't open. I made up these numbers because when I went to find them, I couldn't and don't know...