Windows 10: What kind of internet connection do I have?

Discus and support What kind of internet connection do I have? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to have Advanced SystemCare Ultimate to optimize my network settings but I don't know what connection type I should put that I have, he options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kyle Brandtjen, Jan 22, 2020.

1. What kind of internet connection do I have?

I want to have Advanced SystemCare Ultimate to optimize my network settings but I don't know what connection type I should put that I have, he options the program gives are: LAN, DSL, FIOS, or Wireless? there isn't a 'cable' option.

I have Time Warner Cable cable internet with a wireless router but my computer is connected to the router by an ethernet line other devices in the house use the wireless.

Please tell me if there's other information needed.

:)

Kyle Brandtjen, Jan 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jan 22, 2020
  4. What kind of internet connection do I have?

Internet connectivity

Thank you for sharing more details. We would like to verify you are using the Windows Defender Firewall so we can isolate the issue. In some instances, the firewall is blocking the internet connection when using certain apps. At the same time, we also suggest
    the following methods below for initial troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can help identify
    and repair problems automatically.

Step 2: Modify the connection settings in the Internet Options.

• In the Windows search bar, type Internet Options.
    • In the Internet Options window, go to the Connections
      tab.
    • Under the Proxy server section, untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click OK then Apply and OK
      again to save changes.
    • Launch the apps and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

After following these basic steps, let us know the outcome so we can give you additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

What kind of internet connection do I have?

1. What kind of internet connection do I have? - Similar Threads - kind internet connection

2. What kind of virus is this and what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What kind of virus is this and what should I do?: For a few months now, I've had this issue which Im almost 100% sure is caused by a virus. About 20 minutes after I start my pc, a command window opens, then closes itself. Windows security says I have a Trojan virus, then says there's nothing there. After this, if I use edge...
  3. What kind of virus is this and what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What kind of virus is this and what should I do?: For a few months now, I've had this issue which Im almost 100% sure is caused by a virus. About 20 minutes after I start my pc, a command window opens, then closes itself. Windows security says I have a Trojan virus, then says there's nothing there. After this, if I use edge...
  4. Internet connected but only kind of.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connected but only kind of.: When I boot up my computer everyhting goes normally and then I can launch and even talk in Discord, but Steam won't connect, Chrome cant complete a search, it is like I have no connection outside of discord really. I am ethernet connected and my network should be more than...
  5. Internet connected but only kind of.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connected but only kind of.: When I boot up my computer everyhting goes normally and then I can launch and even talk in Discord, but Steam won't connect, Chrome cant complete a search, it is like I have no connection outside of discord really. I am ethernet connected and my network should be more than...
  6. Internet connected but only kind of.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I have internet but it shows "Connected,No Internet"

I have internet but it shows "Connected,No Internet": Today in my laptop, windows asked me to setup something, so i clicked 'let's go' button, it said me to connect to the internet first, it said that my ethernet doesn't have internet, so i switched to wifi, same problem. I connected the wifi to my phone and it works fine. i...
  8. Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.

Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.: I am running windows 10 home version 1909. My icon in the taskbar shows no internet access, but I can use it just fine. I saw here...
  9. What kind of Windows 10 do I buy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What kind of Windows 10 do I buy?: Hello everyone, Currently I am running a non activated version of Windows 10 on my PC. My old laptop had Windows 10 but the key obviously wouldn't work for my new PC. I was thinking of purchasing Windows 10 from a third-party website but I don't know which one to buy. Would...
  10. My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do: My laptop is eating data as I connect to internet what should I have to do. I have only 1.5 gb gb day via WiFi.. after that my internet speed is slow What should i have to do to stop it from consuming data.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what sort of internet connection do I have ?