Windows 10: What kind of licence Win10 should I buy for VirtualBox transferable ?

Discus and support What kind of licence Win10 should I buy for VirtualBox transferable ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking to have at least one licence Windows 10 on a VirtualBox. It is now not activated but I am thinking of making the purchase. Right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sabang, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Sabang Win User

What kind of licence Win10 should I buy for VirtualBox transferable ?

Hello,

I am looking to have at least one licence Windows 10 on a VirtualBox. It is now not activated but I am thinking of making the purchase.

Right now I would like to know what will happened if suddenly I changed the hardware update RAM in VirtualBox or if I move the vm to another host.

I mean by that, do I need to buy a special type of Windows 10 licence to have it activated in a virtualbox environnement?

Last question that fall within this subject, does the Windows 10 without a key will at some point lock itself or disabled security update?

I just want to know if I need to hurry to buy the key or if I have a period of time whithin which I can test the setup.

Thank's in advance for your help.

PS: I know this subject is probably redundant and I am sorry about it but I would like to make sure before I spend the money...

Best regards,

:)

Sabang, Apr 29, 2020

2. Win10 licence transfer

I have a retail licence for win10 Pro on an old machine (that is obsolete and no longer used) and I would like a clear step by step guide as to how I can transfer this to a new machine that is currently running win10 home. I've tried upgrading with a win8.1
    retail key but that did not work. Contacting the local Microsoft helpline did not help either as apparently "this is no longer possible" despite the fact it is in the EULA.

Anyone know how to do this?

EscargotBrit, Apr 29, 2020
  3. kevvyb Win User
    Successful transfer of Win10 Pro digital licence

Hi I would put it this way from what I have learned:
    If you have a windows 7 (or presumably, 8 or 8.1) RETAIL channel licence (i.e. you had the discs and were previously able to install on new machines as you needed - uninstalling any others so that there was only one copy in use) then yes.

I had upgraded my old Win7 pro licence to Win10 Pro using the free upgrade offer from MS last year.

Now I want to use win10 pro on the new machine (which comes with Win10 Home) but I only have a digital win10 pro licence on the old machine (plus my old Win7 Pro licence).

The digital licence to win10 pro can apparently be 'transferred' to the new machine. I haven't done this yet but I am told this is effected by using a MSA (Microsoft account) and being logged into that account on both machines.

You then use the activation troubleshooter to select the licence on the old machine or alternatively performing a plain upgrade on the new machine and either entering the original win7 pro key or calling MS to activate over the telephone.

We'll see if it works. I'll post back.

kevvyb, Apr 29, 2020
  4. What kind of licence Win10 should I buy for VirtualBox transferable ?

Andre Da Costa, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

What kind of licence Win10 should I buy for VirtualBox transferable ?

1. What kind of licence Win10 should I buy for VirtualBox transferable ? - Similar Threads - kind licence Win10

2. What is ze_loader.dll? Is it any kind of malware? Should I delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is ze_loader.dll? Is it any kind of malware? Should I delete it?: I searched it online and found that ze loader is a malware.Because it is a dll file i can't be sure should I delete it or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-zeloaderdll-is-it-any-kind-of-malware/a2902255-70fb-41ba-9f7f-fb1449b39088
  3. What is ze_loader.dll? Is it any kind of malware? Should I delete it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is ze_loader.dll? Is it any kind of malware? Should I delete it?: I searched it online and found that ze loader is a malware.Because it is a dll file i can't be sure should I delete it or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-zeloaderdll-is-it-any-kind-of-malware/a2902255-70fb-41ba-9f7f-fb1449b39088
  4. What kind of virus is this and what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What kind of virus is this and what should I do?: For a few months now, I've had this issue which Im almost 100% sure is caused by a virus. About 20 minutes after I start my pc, a command window opens, then closes itself. Windows security says I have a Trojan virus, then says there's nothing there. After this, if I use edge...
  5. What kind of virus is this and what should I do?

What kind of virus is this and what should I do?: For a few months now, I've had this issue which Im almost 100% sure is caused by a virus. About 20 minutes after I start my pc, a command window opens, then closes itself. Windows security says I have a Trojan virus, then says there's nothing there. After this, if I use edge...
  6. how to transfer win10 licence to different machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to transfer win10 licence to different machine: I was running a perfectly fine Windows 10 on a perfectly fine Asus motherboard which, unfortunately was win11 capable.MS then virtually forced me into an unwanted windows 11 'upgrade'. The short 7 x 14Hr days story is that the OK computer ceased to work. I happened to have a...
  7. how to transfer win10 licence to different machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer win10 licence to different machine: I was running a perfectly fine Windows 10 on a perfectly fine Asus motherboard which, unfortunately was win11 capable.MS then virtually forced me into an unwanted windows 11 'upgrade'. The short 7 x 14Hr days story is that the OK computer ceased to work. I happened to have a...
  8. how to transfer win10 licence to different machine

9. Transfer of Licence.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of Licence.: I had Windows 7 Home in my PC , now after formatting in April 2021, I am unable to activate the the same, Microsoft does not have any support for Win 7.Now I am thinking to Purchase Window 10 Home, but worried for the reason, if after some time my PC breakdown and I need to...
  10. What kind of Windows 10 do I buy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What kind of Windows 10 do I buy?: Hello everyone, Currently I am running a non activated version of Windows 10 on my PC. My old laptop had Windows 10 but the key obviously wouldn't work for my new PC. I was thinking of purchasing Windows 10 from a third-party website but I don't know which one to buy. Would...