Windows 10: What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them?

Discus and support What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought an HP 15-ab143cl, refurbished by HP. It arrived today. I want to swap hard drives. I was removing the back, following the instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Discipulus, Jan 30, 2017.

1. What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them?

I just bought an HP 15-ab143cl, refurbished by HP. It arrived today.

I want to swap hard drives. I was removing the back, following the instructions in the manual from the HP website, and I am instructed to remove these "screws."

I try my phillips screwdriver. No luck. A smaller phillips. Still no luck. I try my eyeglass screwdriver, it fits perfectly but the "screws" will not budge.

Can someone help me? Are these meant to be permanent after the refurbish?

What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them? [​IMG]

:)

Discipulus, Jan 30, 2017
  2. Le Boule Win User

What kind of virus is this? And how do I get rid of it?

For issues with Google Chrome see
    https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/
    , How to stop unwanted pop-ups or homepage changes in Chrome,
    and How to reset Google Chrome settings.

Alternatively - - -

See this multi-step free removal guide from Malwaretips.com:
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/isearch-safefinder-net-removal/

You may want to scan with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit and/or the Eset Online Scanner:
    Как обнаружить и удалить угрозы с помощью Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET

Good luck…

Le Boule, Jan 30, 2017
  3. LiliF Win User
    What kind of virus is this? And how do I get rid of it?

Here's a little background to the situation. Maybe it could provide some insight on what type of virus is on my computer. My computer is a Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Editions 2005 (I'm certain that's irrelevant, but you never know) with the
    Windows 10 update.

I had a lapse in judgement last weekend and downloaded a suspicious looking file despite all the clear warning signs. I don't remember the site I downloaded it from, but I remember searching up up "pokemon snakewood rom download' and clicking a site from
    there. Now, if the website didn't look sketchy enough, the downloaded file did. It was an application (.exe) instead of a
    .zip file. I decided to open it and run anyway, because maybe by some higher power it would become a .zip file. I cant tell you what I was thinking that day.

Well, shortly after, multiple popups appeared and things were being
    forcibly downloaded to my computer without my consent. I could see shortcuts and apps appearing on my screen, anywhere from "anti-malware" applications to "safe shopping" shortcuts. It also gave me
    false security warning ads prompting me to click the number below for toll-free support, but seeing the damage already done, I decided against it because I was certain it was a trick. There were spelling errors
    on a few warnings, which furthered my resolve to ignore and exit. I then, not having the time to deal with this, shut down my computer and left to deal with it the next weekend, which was yesterday.

My first action after restarting my computer was to go into Programs and Features and uninstall the "anti-malware" program which I noticed was the first application to be downloaded. This quieted things down a bit. Then
    I attempted to remove all other things downloaded on 4/2/2016, which were quite a few. This was a bit difficult with the amount of pop-ups blocking my way but I managed. After about a half hour of work, everything in Programs and Features downloaded on that
    day was removed except for SafeFinder. It would
    not uninstall no matter how many times I clicked. I went into browser to look up solutions yet I found none, and any solutions I did find were for a different type of virus or an earlier version of windows. One thing I want to mention is that the virus
    disabled Windows Defender. At one point, I heard constant clicking in the background which sounded like someone or something going through my computer. I freaked out a little bit, though I don''t have any sort of important data on here.

I use Google Chrome browser and I noticed the virus had been adding 2 extensions despite my efforts to remove them. I do not recall their names. I reported abuse on one extension before closing out of browser
    and digging through my files. I made sure to erase any trace of "pokemon snakewood application" in my downloaded folder and then searched through each folder before I found something in my local disk downloaded on 4/2/2016. It was inconspicuous,
    under the name of Windows right above Windows.old. The fact that there were two windows and one had been downloaded the day of the virus tipped me off. But when I opened it, there were thousands of files inside that I know
    for certain I did not download. Now, this was most likely added by Microsoft, but the virus might have infected it. I saw some of those forcibly downloaded apps inside this file, and though I tried to remove them, I was not allowed to make changes without
    the permissions of TrustedInstaller. So, defeated, I decided to reset my computer completely.

I went into Start, Settings, Update & Security, Recovery, Reset this PC, Get started. After that I chose the option to factory reset with no files left over whatsoever. This morning I came back to see my computer as a virtually brand new
    Computer. I set it up and customized it again, but the first time I searched something in my Google Chrome browser (I searched just "youtube") I got a popup telling me I had spyware or malware on my computer and
    to call for assistance. I didn't call because there was a spelling error, which is a tell-tale sign of a trick. I pressed esc. and it went away, and I haven't had a pop-up since, but I'm certain it's still in my computer somewhere and I don't know how to remove
    it.

Checking my files, Windows is still in Local Disk (CWhat Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them? :), but I have spotted no vicious files inside. I almost want to believe the virus is gone, but that pop-up makes me less than certain. Any advice you could give me? It
    would be a real bummer if I had to go get my computer checked out, because then I would certainly lose rights to my computer which I desperately need for my schoolwork.

LiliF, Jan 30, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them?

They look like Phillips. Probably an adhesive on the threads though.

Edwin, Jan 30, 2017
  5. Phone Man Win User
    May be a Frearson screw.

What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them? [​IMG]

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jan 30, 2017
  6. i have seen a couple of those screws while repairing laptops.
    just use a flat screwdriver and apply enough downforce to get a better grip on the screw and not damage it.

darkyxtreme, Jan 30, 2017
  7. Manigue Win User
    Manigue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them?

1. What Kind of Screws are these and How do I Remove Them? - Similar Threads - Kind Screws are

2. What kind of virus is this and what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What kind of virus is this and what should I do?: For a few months now, I've had this issue which Im almost 100% sure is caused by a virus. About 20 minutes after I start my pc, a command window opens, then closes itself. Windows security says I have a Trojan virus, then says there's nothing there. After this, if I use edge...
  3. What kind of virus is this and what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What kind of virus is this and what should I do?: For a few months now, I've had this issue which Im almost 100% sure is caused by a virus. About 20 minutes after I start my pc, a command window opens, then closes itself. Windows security says I have a Trojan virus, then says there's nothing there. After this, if I use edge...
  4. What is this and how do I remove it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this and how do I remove it?: [ATTACH] I recently discover this hidden window on my desktop and there's no other way to close it. Hence I m a bit paranoid cause I didnt download anything recently nor have I ever noticed the existence till now. submitted by /u/Becruxx [link] [comments]...
  5. What are these accounts? And how do I delete them?

What are these accounts? And how do I delete them?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/catman11234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0zee5/what_are_these_accounts_and_how_do_i_delete_them/
  6. how do I remove the last 2 languages? I tried adding them and removing them but no good...

how do I remove the last 2 languages? I tried adding them and removing them but no good...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrimsonBlossom [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6ijei/how_do_i_remove_the_last_2_languages_i_tried/
  7. Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do?

Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do?: Basically my windows is slowly falling apart, small things stop working over time for example when I right click on a file to check its properties nothings opens. I didnt care but now I pretty much cant use my pc. sfc /scannow doesnt work anymore ("Windows Resource...
  8. What kind of screws I need for the CPU Heatsink?

in Windows 10 Support
    What kind of screws I need for the CPU Heatsink?: As you can see, there's only holes on the MoBo, the blue behind is the table where the pc case is laying on, sideways. Attachment 309782 Below you can see that there is nothing behind the MoBo (once it's installed). Attachment 309781 Attachment 309783 Is this what I...
  9. What is CoreSync and how do I remove it.

What is CoreSync and how do I remove it.: I had Adobe creative Cloud installed. As of now I have uninstalled it however I'm still not sure as to how to remove coresync. I heard it's a type of malware so I want to remove it as well as it is preventing my laptop fr shutting down. submitted by /u/god_of_scum [link]...
  10. How do I remove the kind of quick acess on the side bar ?

How do I remove the kind of quick acess on the side bar ?: [ATTACH] Hello so I'd like to remove these folder from the sidebar : https://preview.redd.it/ycg5g1otpww31.png?width=1192&format=png&auto=webp&s=ac85a532707aaa6ea8b3c595263686dc9672b386 I tried the various option that they have when you click right but there is no remove...