Windows 10: What language should I set here to show as "ENG" in the tray, not ENG US/ENG UK?

Discus and support What language should I set here to show as "ENG" in the tray, not ENG US/ENG UK? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Weird question but I had this on my old laptop and I want to change the language so it would say only ENG instead of ENG UK/US and it won't switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marinel Cipu, Mar 6, 2021.

1. What language should I set here to show as "ENG" in the tray, not ENG US/ENG UK?

Weird question but I had this on my old laptop and I want to change the language so it would say only ENG instead of ENG UK/US and it won't switch randomly or switch when pressing the alt+shift bind I assume
    Thanks! :
    What language should I set here to show as "ENG" in the tray, not ENG US/ENG UK? 41387405-447c-48f4-913c-1f6221425944?upload=true.png

:)

Marinel Cipu, Mar 6, 2021

2. Language settings set UK but spell check uses US

Win 10 Home. ver 1909 build 18363.476

I have language settings set to default English UK in the language section of settings - time and language.

However when I type an email in Gmail it spell checks to US language e.g. colour suggests color.

Is there another setting somewhere I have missed?

carrotmuseum, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cortana isn't showing up on my laptop. REGION -UK

Hi karan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open windows / settings
    • Select time & language settings
    • Open region and language
    • Set Country & region to "UK"
    • Add Language "English UK" and set as default by clicking on "English UK", "Set as default"
    • Click on "English UK" and select "options"
    • Install Language pack, and speech pack
    • Click on " SPEECH" in the menu and select "ENGLISH UK"
    • Then enable Cortana from the search box / settings

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 6, 2021
  4. yatiya Win User

What language should I set here to show as "ENG" in the tray, not ENG US/ENG UK?

Windows Display Language is ignored when set in language Settings

Hello all

I have set my display language to English (South Africa) in "settings - language"

What language should I set here to show as "ENG" in the tray, not ENG US/ENG UK? [​IMG]

however, when I click "administrative language settings", then copy, it shows English UK as the display language.
    English UK is not even listed as an option in the Display language drop down.
    English UK is also the language of the lock screen according to the Administrative settings.

What language should I set here to show as "ENG" in the tray, not ENG US/ENG UK? [​IMG]

How can I fix this? I tried installing a different language (English US), uninstalling English (South Africa), then reversing the process, but it still goes back to English UK!!

A secondary effect of this is that Windows then shows the language toolbar on the taskbar, giving me the option to choose English UK as the language/keyboard combination!

yatiya, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

What language should I set here to show as "ENG" in the tray, not ENG US/ENG UK?

1. What language should I set here to show as "ENG" in the tray, not ENG US/ENG UK? - Similar Threads - language should set

2. How do i delete Keyboard ENG UK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i delete Keyboard ENG UK: so i want to delete ENG UK and add Czech keyboard so ill have only ENG US and CZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-keyboard-eng-uk/0542876f-f02f-4903-8915-e50b93a833ea
  3. How do i delete Keyboard ENG UK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i delete Keyboard ENG UK: so i want to delete ENG UK and add Czech keyboard so ill have only ENG US and CZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-keyboard-eng-uk/0542876f-f02f-4903-8915-e50b93a833ea
  4. Cannot remove ENG-US

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove ENG-US: Win10 build 19041. I'm using two input language ENG-UK as default and Chinese. It's also showing the same with only two languages in preferred languages in Settings. However, English United States shows up in input method list constantly. I've tried uninstalling in lpksetup,...
  5. ENG Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ENG Keyboard: I'm from another country where english is not the main language, but one day I changed my computer's language to english just for fun, the thing is that I removed it some time later, but the ENG keyboard doesn't want to leave! Does somebody knows how to remove it fully? Thank...
  6. How do I get win10 to show ENG US on my taskbar & to STOP switching it to ENG INTL?

How do I get win10 to show ENG US on my taskbar & to STOP switching it to ENG INTL?: EVERY time I turn my win10 PC on the taskbar shows ENG INTL & I switch it to ENG US. Only to find it switched back to ENG INTL the next time I turn it on. This is on the right end of the taskbar third in from the corner next to time & date., notifications is in the bottom...
  7. How to remove ENG CMS

How to remove ENG CMS: Hi, My PC is set for two languages: ENG (US) using US QWERTY layout and Canadian French using Canadian French QWERTY layout. When I wish to change language using ALT + SHIFT, it switches between ENG CMS, FRA and ENG. How ca I remove ENG CMS so I don't have to enter ALT...
  8. How do I remove "ENG CS" as a 2nd language and "ENG US" from the system tray

How do I remove "ENG CS" as a 2nd language and "ENG US" from the system tray: I reset my Win10 laptop back to factory and wiped all of my personal data so I could send it in for repairs. I don't know why or how it happened, but during the reinstallation process I suddenly had "ENG US" and "ENG CS" (Czech) come up as my two language options. Now "ENG...
  9. ENG

in Windows 10 Support
    ENG: Since the latest big update, I now have the ENG icon in the notification area. I can turn it off with the Input Indicator in settings, but every time I reboot it reappears. How do I get rid of it permanently? Thank You 30609
  10. ENG icon

in Windows 10 Support
    ENG icon: I have just got a new computer and am trying to get rid of the ENG icon in the notification area. If I turn the Input Indicator off in system icons, it goes away, but when I restart it re-appears and indicator has turned back on. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank You...