Windows 10: What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?

Discus and support What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to be able to transfer it. There's a sale in a local retailer now and I'm confused with this OEM and Retail branding. What is the difference... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deranox, Nov 21, 2020 at 9:22 AM.

1. What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?

I want to be able to transfer it. There's a sale in a local retailer now and I'm confused with this OEM and Retail branding. What is the difference between these? I want a Win 10 Pro key which I can transfer from one PCs to another if needs be.

submitted by /u/Deranox
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. myagkov-a Win User

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

3. Windows 10 license transfer

Hi,

I am running my laptop with Windows 10 Pro version. I have issues with my laptop and want to replace it. But the item i am planning to buy is having Windows 10 home edition.

Can i use my pro license again in the new laptop.?

• how to deactivate from current laptop.
    • IHow can I transfer the license to my new laptop.
    • will adding this license uograde the OS to pro version.?
    Thanks

Sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:22 AM
  4. krimetal Win User

What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

Thema:

What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?

1. What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ? - Similar Threads - license should Pro

2. WHAT SHOULD I DO AS I REALIZED THAT MY WINDOWS 10 PRO IS NOT GENUINE????

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WHAT SHOULD I DO AS I REALIZED THAT MY WINDOWS 10 PRO IS NOT GENUINE????: SO TODAY I realized that the windows that i have been using is a cracked one. FIRST I got this pop up everytime start my pc "your windows license is going to expire soon".When i found out about this,at first i thought it may be some error but when saw this in my chrome menu,...
  3. Windows 10 Education license will expire soon, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education license will expire soon, what should I do?: I'm not very tech-savvy, so I don't know what to do. I keep getting a pop-up that says my license will expire soon. The computer i'm using is a school computer that I was allowed to keep after graduating. Should I buy a new license? And how does one buy a new license? Any...
  4. My disk is at 100% in my laptop, what should I do?

My disk is at 100% in my laptop, what should I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrazyVenezuelan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixwdje/my_disk_is_at_100_in_my_laptop_what_should_i_do/
  5. What security options should I enable on Windows 10 Pro?

What security options should I enable on Windows 10 Pro?: submitted by /u/okegameg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gejllh/what_security_options_should_i_enable_on_windows/
  6. What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300?

What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300?: I'm on a tight budget of about $300 max. I want Windows 10 and I'd like Windows Hello face unlock or a fingerprint reader. I might also do some light gaming on it. Any suggestions? I'm currently considering the ASUS VivoBook:...
  7. I need to get my Win 10 pro license key

I need to get my Win 10 pro license key: I need to get my Win 10 pro license key off my laptop so I can install my Win 7 Pro hard drive and update it to win 10 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-my-win-10-pro-license-key/6167eda3-bd00-444d-b33c-04e40c791827"
  8. Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop

Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop: Hello, I have two laptops, both came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and activated. I applied my Windows 10 Pro key to one of them but now I'd like to move this license. Is it possible to do it and keep my pre-installed Windows 10 Home on the first laptop and re-use this...
  9. How to get windows 10 pro license, from destroyed laptop

How to get windows 10 pro license, from destroyed laptop: I purchased a windows 10 pro license key from Microsoft.com and activated it on my old laptop, which was now beyond repair for me to recover the key and use it on my new machine. I have the order details from my previous purchase. How do i deactivate the key from old laptop...
  10. Please what should I do to get my Window 10 licence back?

Please what should I do to get my Window 10 licence back?: My HP Laptop came with Windows 10 but the system developed inabilities to boot successfully which warranted formating of the HP Laptop. After cleans OS is installed the Windows 10 could not automatically get activation. Please what should I do to get my Window 10 licence...