Windows 10: What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?

Discus and support What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to be able to transfer it. There's a sale in a local retailer now and I'm confused with this OEM and Retail branding. What is the difference... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deranox, Nov 21, 2020.

1. What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?

I want to be able to transfer it. There's a sale in a local retailer now and I'm confused with this OEM and Retail branding. What is the difference between these? I want a Win 10 Pro key which I can transfer from one PCs to another if needs be.

submitted by /u/Deranox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deranox, Nov 21, 2020
  2. myagkov-a Win User

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

Hi,

I am running my laptop with Windows 10 Pro version. I have issues with my laptop and want to replace it. But the item i am planning to buy is having Windows 10 home edition.

Can i use my pro license again in the new laptop.?

• how to deactivate from current laptop.
    • IHow can I transfer the license to my new laptop.
    • will adding this license uograde the OS to pro version.?
    Thanks

Sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Nov 21, 2020
  4. krimetal Win User

What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ?

1. What license should I get for Windows 10 Pro on my laptop ? - Similar Threads - license should Pro

2. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with my laptop?: I don't know where to start, actually. We updated my brother's laptop which is HP Pavilion 14 - Windows 8 to Windows 10. It's been a long time since my brother use it as he's busy working. At first, we install the updates we saw on settings until he decided to update it to...
  3. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do with my laptop?: I don't know where to start, actually. We updated my brother's laptop which is HP Pavilion 14 - Windows 8 to Windows 10. It's been a long time since my brother use it as he's busy working. At first, we install the updates we saw on settings until he decided to update it to...
  4. What should I do with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?: So In short all I'm trying to figure out here is If I can keep the windows 10 pro license I purchased on the current laptop I'm selling and if there's a different process when resetting the laptop if I would like to keep it on this device. I don't want to transfer it to a new...
  6. What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?: So In short all I'm trying to figure out here is If I can keep the windows 10 pro license I purchased on the current laptop I'm selling and if there's a different process when resetting the laptop if I would like to keep it on this device. I don't want to transfer it to a new...
  7. What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

8. What antivirus should i get for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What antivirus should i get for my laptop?: Hello, I need help getting a antivirus program for my Windows 10 laptop, I would like it to have the following: Anti-Bloatware Anti-Run on startup (Some spyware can run on startup even if everything that runs on startup is disabled in settings) Anti-Spyware Anti-Malware...
  9. WHAT SHOULD I DO AS I REALIZED THAT MY WINDOWS 10 PRO IS NOT GENUINE????

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WHAT SHOULD I DO AS I REALIZED THAT MY WINDOWS 10 PRO IS NOT GENUINE????: SO TODAY I realized that the windows that i have been using is a cracked one. FIRST I got this pop up everytime start my pc "your windows license is going to expire soon".When i found out about this,at first i thought it may be some error but when saw this in my chrome menu,...
  10. What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300?: I'm on a tight budget of about $300 max. I want Windows 10 and I'd like Windows Hello face unlock or a fingerprint reader. I might also do some light gaming on it. Any suggestions? I'm currently considering the ASUS VivoBook:...