Windows 10: What may cause "Windows Not Activated" to randomly appear?

Discus and support What may cause "Windows Not Activated" to randomly appear? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings. Last night my pc began showing the "not activated" watermark. I have been using Win10 since 2015 and this happened one other time in 2018.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MachineLanguage, May 28, 2020.

1. What may cause "Windows Not Activated" to randomly appear?

Greetings.
    Last night my pc began showing the "not activated" watermark.
    I have been using Win10 since 2015 and this happened one other time in 2018.
    That time I had to re-enter my code from my original Win 7 purchase.
    This time I only had to log into my microsoft account to correct it.
    I use a local accounts and seldom log into my microsoft account.
    Any thoughts on why this may randomly occur.
    Thanks
    James
    I have not made any hardware changes. Actually the PC was functioning correctly earler in the day. I left it on all day as I normally do. Came back later in the evening and saw the watermark. No problems just wonder what can cause this.

:)

MachineLanguage, May 28, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 28, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 28, 2020
  4. sean8102 Win User

What may cause "Windows Not Activated" to randomly appear?

What would cause this dialog to randomly appear?

Hey guys, was using my PC and this popped up randomly.

What may cause "Windows Not Activated" to randomly appear? [​IMG]

Have no idea what it's about. I've just left the window open for now.

sean8102, May 28, 2020
Thema:

What may cause "Windows Not Activated" to randomly appear?

1. What may cause "Windows Not Activated" to randomly appear? - Similar Threads - may cause Activated

2. Activate Windows Randomly Appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows Randomly Appeared: I bought my computer a few years ago from a local shop and for the past few years all has been well. The settings previous to now said that everything was activated and fine, but now it says that windows needs to be activated. Does anyone know what happened?...
  3. Activate Windows Randomly Appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows Randomly Appeared: I bought my computer a few years ago from a local shop and for the past few years all has been well. The settings previous to now said that everything was activated and fine, but now it says that windows needs to be activated. Does anyone know what happened?...
  4. Activate Windows Randomly Appeared

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. cpuz154_x64.sys, may be causing random freezes ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpuz154_x64.sys, may be causing random freezes ?: Hi, It's been I think 2 weeks that my pc keeps randomly freezing and most of the time in idle. After searching for it, I've tried a few things, one was deleting the Temp Files but I can't delete "cpuz154_x64.sys" as it is used by another program. I already know the file is...
  6. cpuz154_x64.sys, may be causing random freezes ?

cpuz154_x64.sys, may be causing random freezes ?: Hi, It's been I think 2 weeks that my pc keeps randomly freezing and most of the time in idle. After searching for it, I've tried a few things, one was deleting the Temp Files but I can't delete "cpuz154_x64.sys" as it is used by another program. I already know the file is...
  7. cpuz154_x64.sys, may be causing random freezes ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. What is causing these random reboots

What is causing these random reboots: i got the bugcheck 0x0000007e again, i am going to attach the mini dump file i would much appreciate any help i don't know why this is happening to me AGAINhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1G_hYKX7H-e3EL24Fjym2SR2-48F6aezz/view?usp=sharingfor my situation before i had the same...
  9. Activate windows watermark randomly appeared

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate windows watermark randomly appeared: So, im running windows 10, Then randomly all of a sudden, The windows activate watermark appears, i tried troubleshooting the issue, It came up with, "Something intrrupted are troubleshooting, try in a few minutes 0x8007000d" I also cant factory reset because it says "we...
  10. What would cause this dialog to randomly appear?

in Windows 10 Support
    What would cause this dialog to randomly appear?: Hey guys, was using my PC and this popped up randomly. [img] Have no idea what it's about. I've just left the window open for now. 127449