Windows 10: What, no more Experience Index points?

Discus and support What, no more Experience Index points? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hoped Win10 would let me bump up my sad score of 7.8. I almost cried when I saw WEI isn't included. So sad. 2263 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Astrogoth, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Astrogoth Win User

What, no more Experience Index points?

I hoped Win10 would let me bump up my sad score of 7.8. I almost cried when I saw WEI isn't included. So sad.

:)

Astrogoth, Oct 5, 2014

2. windows experience index score needed for windows 10

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

You can refer to the following Microsoft article to know more about Windows Experience Index.

What is the Windows Experience Index?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...3B&What-is-windows-experience-index=windows-8

Note: Above link applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope this helps.

Divya Murugan, Oct 5, 2014
  3. Windows Experience Index

Hello Malaz,

I would be happy to assist you.

Windows Experience Index is not part of Windows 10 (not present in Windows 8.1 as well). If you love the feature and want to get Windows Experience Index in Windows 10, you need to use third-party utilities.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any
    problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Trust_No1 Win User

do you mean WEI Windows Experience Index?
    if that is what you are talking about, then I totally agree with you

Trust_No1, Oct 5, 2014
  5. Didn't they remove that from the Front End in Windows 8 ?

JDobbsy1987, Oct 5, 2014
  6. adamf Win User
    adamf, Oct 5, 2014
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    I think Microsoft is getting away from WEI. It never was very useful anyway. More about bragging rights than a real indication of performance.

LMiller7, Oct 6, 2014
  8. What, no more Experience Index points?

I'm not even sure it did give any indication of performance... no matter what upgrade i did it was always stuck at 5.9 (i think) due to my hard disk.

It wasn't an average or anything, just the lowest score which seemed a little pointless.

JDobbsy1987, Oct 6, 2014
  9. Astrogoth Win User
    I just tried several 8.1 tricks to get it to work in 10. Nope. Oh well.

Astrogoth, Oct 6, 2014
  10. bromanbro Win User
    tee hee WEI was weird. They never improved it after Vista, just left it alone and finally realized that nobody actually used it to benchmark.

bromanbro, Oct 6, 2014
  11. AddRAM Win User
    Who cares, who needs it *Wink

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What, no more Experience Index points? - Similar Threads - more Experience Index

2. Windows Experience Index

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Experience Index: Hello there, Well I ran an Windows Experience Index and my "lowest subscore" is 5.7. All my subscores are : Processor : Calculation per second : 7.1 Memory(RAM) : Memory operations ps(per second) : 5.9 Graphics : Desktop performance for Windows Aero : 5.7 Gaming Graphics: 3D...
  3. Windows Experience Index is 0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Experience Index is 0: Hi, Out of curiosity I ran the Windows Experience Index on my newly built computer and everything came back 0. Everything works great so it’s not a big deal but I’m just curious as to why it’s showing 0 for everything? Thank you! submitted by /u/Elurzz88 [link]...
  4. windows experience index

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows experience index: Can I get the windows experience index with windows 10? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-experience-index/474949db-2dd0-4500-9c02-f6465b4e539b
  5. Windows Experience Index ''0" Rating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Experience Index ''0" Rating: Hi I just want to know how I can change or check the WEI Rating of my laptop. This laptop was bought back in 2013 and I have been following all the steps that I searched on google but it gives 0 results for the test. I even tried the poweshell:games but it only shows "This...
  6. Windows Experience Index

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Experience Index: I am using a 950 Pro M.2 v Nand SSD as my primary hard drive why is my base score for this drive only 8.45 I thought this was the fastest SSD john 110950
  7. More Restore Points please

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    More Restore Points please: A couple of months ago I increased the amount of memory available for Restore Points but now see that Current Usage is 222 MB and the Max Usage is at the default of 1% (18 GB) which seems ample for more Points to be stored. In System Properties > System Protection ,...
  8. windows experience index

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows experience index: is there a way to access the windows experience index like on windows 7 on windows 10. kinda would like to see what my HP probook's score would be 50552
  9. Bring back Windows Experience Index!

in Windows 10 Support
    Bring back Windows Experience Index!: 124 votes declined +1 vote Bring back Windows Experience Index! (No Status) → Declined Thank you very much for your feedback and commitment to make Windows better. The Windows Experience Index was dropped from Windows 8.1 due to little usage by users. However,...
  10. Indexing of a second drive (New Point)

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing of a second drive (New Point): In the recent topic Indexing of Second Drive Dalchina said:"..... can you confirm that your problem is that you have specified folders to be indexed on your 2Tb drive, and that you can do that in Indexing Options in the Control Panel, but that when you add such locations, the...