What, no more Experience Index points?

Discus and support What, no more Experience Index points? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hoped Win10 would let me bump up my sad score of 7.8. I almost cried when I saw WEI isn't included. So sad. 2263 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Astrogoth, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Astrogoth Win User

I hoped Win10 would let me bump up my sad score of 7.8. I almost cried when I saw WEI isn't included. So sad.

:)

Astrogoth, Oct 5, 2014
  2. Divya Murugan Win User

windows experience index score needed for windows 10

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

You can refer to the following Microsoft article to know more about Windows Experience Index.

What is the Windows Experience Index?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...3B&What-is-windows-experience-index=windows-8

Note: Above link applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope this helps.

Divya Murugan, Oct 5, 2014
  3. Sayan_Ghosh Win User
    Windows Experience Index

Hello Malaz,

I would be happy to assist you.

Windows Experience Index is not part of Windows 10 (not present in Windows 8.1 as well). If you love the feature and want to get Windows Experience Index in Windows 10, you need to use third-party utilities.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any
    problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Trust_No1 Win User

do you mean WEI Windows Experience Index?
    if that is what you are talking about, then I totally agree with you

Trust_No1, Oct 5, 2014
  5. JDobbsy1987 Win User
    Didn't they remove that from the Front End in Windows 8 ?

JDobbsy1987, Oct 5, 2014
  6. adamf Win User
    adamf, Oct 5, 2014
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    I think Microsoft is getting away from WEI. It never was very useful anyway. More about bragging rights than a real indication of performance.

LMiller7, Oct 6, 2014
  8. JDobbsy1987 Win User

I'm not even sure it did give any indication of performance... no matter what upgrade i did it was always stuck at 5.9 (i think) due to my hard disk.

It wasn't an average or anything, just the lowest score which seemed a little pointless.

JDobbsy1987, Oct 6, 2014
  9. Astrogoth Win User
    I just tried several 8.1 tricks to get it to work in 10. Nope. Oh well.

Astrogoth, Oct 6, 2014
  10. bromanbro Win User
    tee hee WEI was weird. They never improved it after Vista, just left it alone and finally realized that nobody actually used it to benchmark.

bromanbro, Oct 6, 2014
  11. AddRAM Win User
    Who cares, who needs it *Wink

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What, no more Experience Index points? - Similar Threads - more Experience Index

2. What Button? I do not see one!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Button? I do not see one!: "Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:" What Button? I do not see one !...
  3. What the heck happened to Task Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What the heck happened to Task Manager?: Why does Task Manager no longer run on top of all other apps in Windows so that you can readily close apps/tasks that are causing issues on our systems - the way it used to???...
  4. Restore Point

Restore Point: Computer laptop was on when I went to lunch Returned to computer & found a restore point titled Windows Module Installer no idea what was installed? I know it ran daily maintenance but usually the restore point has Checkpoint Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228]...
  5. How To Find A Restore Point Prior To Those Listed

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How To Find A Restore Point Prior To Those Listed: System Restore, under "Choose a different restore point", lists only two weeks ago as the oldest restore point .. but I want to restore to a date two months ago. How can I find restore points that are older than those listed? 116026
  6. No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....: No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe from a question I got answered more than a year ago!!! It is driving me crazy!!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!!!...
  7. flash ufie what ever cant get in bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    flash ufie what ever cant get in bios: so i go shopping come back want to overcloc my ram speed i cant get in bios nuthing works what showed up as keys i have to go to windows some thing with firmware just to get there i reinstal windows nuthing works flash my mother board nuuuuuuthing hybrid stuff or fastboot not...
  8. What is this kind of UI Glitch?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this kind of UI Glitch?: I need some help! After upgrading from Windows 10 build 17713 to 17733, I saw this UI glitch : [ATTACH] When my app mode is changed to dark and I'm hovering the Back button, the foreground (the graphics) color of the button is white and the background color of the button is...
  9. Windows Explorer Shows Disc with MORE space used than is used by files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Shows Disc with MORE space used than is used by files: I am hoping someone can help me. I am operating a Dell Precision 5520 that is a 2 - 3 years old. I have 500G harddive - that shows about 453G that is usable. Of the 453G - Windows Explorer is showing that I only have about 7.7G free. However, if I add up all the space...
  10. Windows 10 failing to update from the 1703 version. What can I do?

Windows 10 failing to update from the 1703 version. What can I do?: Windows 10 just doesn't seem to update from the 1703 version to a newer one. It started about a month ago; the update would start normally, but it'd eventually fail after reaching a certain percentage of completion. It'd then reboot back to the previous version. But then one...