Windows 10: What on Earth has happened?

Discus and support What on Earth has happened? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mattcfo1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9xjqo/what_on_earth_has_happened/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mattcfo1, Dec 9, 2020.

1. What on Earth has happened?

/u/mattcfo1, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Google Earth Pro... for who?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “I found the Chrome version too limiting, so I downloaded a copy” Did you download a copy of Google Chrome or download Google Earth?
    • What happens when you try to move the Earth?
    • Do you get any error message/code?

However, I suggest you to refer the section Stop Earth from spinning
    from the article
    Fix Google Earth errors
    provided by Google and instead of unchecking put a check mark for the option Enable Controller.

For any installation related issues with Google Earth, please refer the article

Install & uninstall Google Earth Pro

For versions of Google Earth, you can refer the link
    Google Earth

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Google Earth is not running in Windows 10.

Hi Cassandra,

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you downloading Google Earth from Windows Store or browser?
    • If browser, which browser are you using to download Google Earth?
    • What is the message displayed on screen when downloading Google Earth?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Google Earth in compatibility mode.
    Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the Google Earth install and then check the functionality.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 9, 2020
  4. What on Earth has happened?

window 10 doesn't run google Earth or pro.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What exactly happens when you try to open it?
    • Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Step 1: Place the computer in clean boot state to avoid any third party software conflict.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the Google Earth software version and reinstall the latest Google Earth software in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the latest Google Earth software in the compatibility mode.

1. Download the latest Google Earth software version from the Google Earth official website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

I also suggest you to get in touch with Google Earth support for further assistance on this issue:

Google Earth Help

Also see:
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/maps/AR3CuAlHupo/Hsp90pcI5NMJ

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

What on Earth has happened?

1. What on Earth has happened? - Similar Threads - Earth has happened

2. What has happened to family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What has happened to family safety: What has happened to family safety. App doesn't work anymore. Can't open it and send problem because it doesn't work and won't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-has-happened-to-family-safety/b596806a-39e0-4977-a6d9-dfd4c93a729c
  3. What has happened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What has happened?: I've exhausted every step known to man. This is a fresh install of windows 10 and this is how it installed. It will not detect hardware and it will not accept the manufacturers drivers....
  4. What has happened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What has happened?: I've exhausted every step known to man. This is a fresh install of windows 10 and this is how it installed. It will not detect hardware and it will not accept the manufacturers drivers....
  5. What has happened?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. What on earth is happening to my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What on earth is happening to my PC?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/His_Mom___ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjihuv/what_on_earth_is_happening_to_my_pc/
  7. What on earth caused this??

What on earth caused this??: Randomly, my computer decided that it won't allow me to use it normally; when I press the S key, it opens the search bar. I press C, it opens Cortona, press A, it opens notifications. I can not type or play games anymore and I can't find it in the accessibility settings. What...
  8. What on earth is this? Is it for real

What on earth is this? Is it for real: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/eaglerock2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ik2t4n/what_on_earth_is_this_is_it_for_real/
  9. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???: After a recent update Cortana dies not work like it use to before the update. My laptop has windows 10 pro installed on it. Windows 10 pro is up to date. I have reset my pc but this did not fix the issue with Cortana. I wish I had not have reset windows 10. I lost some...
  10. What has happened to Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What has happened to Windows?: I don't understand what is going on at Microsoft. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 about 2 years ago and initially I thought all was great. Now, with each new Windows 10 update, my high end laptop becomes more like an expensive paperweight. I cannot permanently...