Windows 10: What on earth is " This advertised application will not be installed because it might be...

Discus and support What on earth is " This advertised application will not be installed because it might be... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I upgraded my Samsung notebook from Windows 8.1 to 10 around the time Samsung stopped making notebooks/PCs, meaning for most types made around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xprt007, Jan 24, 2019.

1. xprt007 Win User

What on earth is " This advertised application will not be installed because it might be...

Hi

I upgraded my Samsung notebook from Windows 8.1 to 10 around the time Samsung stopped making notebooks/PCs, meaning for most types made around that time or before, there are no Windows 10 software updates of their software.

The gamble however worked and Windows 10 supplied all the drivers I needed for the notebook to function 99.9% normally. The only Samsung-specific program I installed and really needed was the battery life extender. It worked well for a long time, until some Win 10 update I could not identify suddenly seems to have changed its behavior. It would cease working at times and only completely load the GUI if I re-installed it. I did not get the pattern, but in the last year or so, it seems whenever I install new software, it ceases working. It seems it has to be the latest installed program for it to work. It otherwise the GUI not simply get loaded, or it is just visible as running in task manager processes or just will not start at all.

Since Samsung no longer provides updates, I had settled for this, since I quite frequently install software and have literally done so hundreds of times with no further problem.

Today, however I cannot suddenly install it in spite of several trials and restarts as it interrupts the process with that error message.

This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic.

I have no idea what that is and so how can this silly & patronizing intervention be stopped and if not, how can I do what it claims so I can install it?

Troubleshooting compatibility is of no use and up to today has in any case never been necessary.

There's nothing wrong with my notebook as because of an unrelated issue with a specific Windows 10 cumulative update getting repeatedly "successfully" installed, I have carried out DISM & Scannow scans and none have yielded negative results.

Will appreciate your help.

:)

xprt007, Jan 24, 2019

2. Mysterious blue earth icon appearing and disappearing ?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would suggest you to hover the mouse on that blue earth icon to know the name of the application.

If you are able to identify that application name then, I suggest you to check if that application is present in the
    Programs and Features. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Also, check if that application is present in the Apps & features from the following steps:

• Press Windows + I keys from the Keyboard to open the
      Settings.
    • Click on System and click on Apps & features from the left pane.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 16, 2019
  3. bro67 Win User
    Cannot Install Google Earth

It is a known problem for a long time with the Google cache installer. Look for this key
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Update\Clients in the registry and delete the associated key for GE.
    Update Google Earth Pro - Google Earth Help Try the 32bit vs 64bit installer.

bro67, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

What on earth is " This advertised application will not be installed because it might be...

Google Earth Pro... for who?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “I found the Chrome version too limiting, so I downloaded a copy” Did you download a copy of Google Chrome or download Google Earth?
    • What happens when you try to move the Earth?
    • Do you get any error message/code?

However, I suggest you to refer the section Stop Earth from spinning
    from the article
    Fix Google Earth errors
    provided by Google and instead of unchecking put a check mark for the option Enable Controller.

For any installation related issues with Google Earth, please refer the article

Install & uninstall Google Earth Pro

For versions of Google Earth, you can refer the link
    Google Earth

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. What on earth is " This advertised application will not be installed because it might be... - Similar Threads - earth advertised application

2. "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe" message when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe" message when...: i am trying to install 'Color Shades Lab' and i get the message "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic".How can i solve it ?...
  3. "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe" message when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe" message when...: i am trying to install 'Color Shades Lab' and i get the message "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic".How can i solve it ?...
  4. "This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe" message when...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What might be the problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What might be the problem?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OriginalTrumPutin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1w0dh/what_might_be_the_problem/
  6. What on earth caused this??

What on earth caused this??: Randomly, my computer decided that it won't allow me to use it normally; when I press the S key, it opens the search bar. I press C, it opens Cortona, press A, it opens notifications. I can not type or play games anymore and I can't find it in the accessibility settings. What...
  7. What on Earth has happened?

What on Earth has happened?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mattcfo1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9xjqo/what_on_earth_has_happened/
  8. What issue might this be?

What issue might this be?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/somerandomguy576 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5uiyd/what_issue_might_this_be/
  9. What on earth is this? Is it for real

What on earth is this? Is it for real: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/eaglerock2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ik2t4n/what_on_earth_is_this_is_it_for_real/
  10. What's Wrong With Win10 When It Will Not Allow Google Earth To Install?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's Wrong With Win10 When It Will Not Allow Google Earth To Install?: I cannot install google earth pro - not from the web nor from the desktop installer. I get a 'code 2' error message. I've also had another message, a hex number and something about 'failed to cache' Wherever I go I fail to find an answer for this. Google Earth...