Windows 10: What on earth is this? Is it for real

Discus and support What on earth is this? Is it for real in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/eaglerock2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ik2t4n/what_on_earth_is_this_is_it_for_real/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eaglerock2, Aug 31, 2020.

1. What on earth is this? Is it for real

/u/eaglerock2, Aug 31, 2020

2. Google Earth is not running in Windows 10.

Hi Cassandra,

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you downloading Google Earth from Windows Store or browser?
    • If browser, which browser are you using to download Google Earth?
    • What is the message displayed on screen when downloading Google Earth?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Google Earth in compatibility mode.
    Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the Google Earth install and then check the functionality.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Google Earth Pro... for who?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “I found the Chrome version too limiting, so I downloaded a copy” Did you download a copy of Google Chrome or download Google Earth?
    • What happens when you try to move the Earth?
    • Do you get any error message/code?

However, I suggest you to refer the section Stop Earth from spinning
    from the article
    Fix Google Earth errors
    provided by Google and instead of unchecking put a check mark for the option Enable Controller.

For any installation related issues with Google Earth, please refer the article

Install & uninstall Google Earth Pro

For versions of Google Earth, you can refer the link
    Google Earth

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 31, 2020
  4. What on earth is this? Is it for real

Mysterious blue earth icon appearing and disappearing ?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would suggest you to hover the mouse on that blue earth icon to know the name of the application.

If you are able to identify that application name then, I suggest you to check if that application is present in the
    Programs and Features. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Also, check if that application is present in the Apps & features from the following steps:

• Press Windows + I keys from the Keyboard to open the
      Settings.
    • Click on System and click on Apps & features from the left pane.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

What on earth is this? Is it for real

1. What on earth is this? Is it for real - Similar Threads - earth real

2. Music file shows up with weird earth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music file shows up with weird earth: I make music playlist with iTunes and I just tried searching and found what I was looking for except the file turned into a Earth. Do anyone know what this is and how to fix it?...
  3. Google Earth Pro: come posso eliminare il segnaluogo?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Earth Pro: come posso eliminare il segnaluogo?: Ciao, quando faccio un registrazione, Google Earth Pro restra sempre il segnaluogo come quello che allego nella foto. E' possibile eliminre quella scritta e il segnaluogo? Non ci riesco, 1000 grazie
  4. How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft?: How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-the-on-earth-do-i-contact-live-support-at/5d520fc5-cf98-4d0e-b7df-9ababa8dbce7
  5. How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft?

How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft?: How the on earth do i contact Live Support at Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-the-on-earth-do-i-contact-live-support-at/5d520fc5-cf98-4d0e-b7df-9ababa8dbce7
  6. Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth': HI, my Microsoft background keeps reverting back to a picture of the Earth - I have no idea where it's come from and I also can't find it on the system to delete it! It's not saving my new themes - i've deleted all the other themes, but can't find this one anywhere!!...
  7. Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth'

Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth': HI, my Microsoft background keeps reverting back to a picture of the Earth - I have no idea where it's come from and I also can't find it on the system to delete it! It's not saving my new themes - i've deleted all the other themes, but can't find this one anywhere!!...
  8. Microsoft background picture keeps reverting back to a picture of the 'earth'

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. why on earth do simple games keep on triggering UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why on earth do simple games keep on triggering UAC: Why does UAC keep on triggering when I want to play games like GTA V and Honkai Star rail. It's getting annoying to keep on clicking the popup away, yet I don't want to you know, completely turn off UAC? Annoyingly, I don't think I can give screenshots, but simply going into...
  10. why on earth do simple games keep on triggering UAC

why on earth do simple games keep on triggering UAC: Why does UAC keep on triggering when I want to play games like GTA V and Honkai Star rail. It's getting annoying to keep on clicking the popup away, yet I don't want to you know, completely turn off UAC? Annoyingly, I don't think I can give screenshots, but simply going into...