Windows 10: What options do I have to prevent Microsoft from installing or updating unwanted or unknown...

Discus and support What options do I have to prevent Microsoft from installing or updating unwanted or unknown... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It feels like Microsoft doesn't care if they break-up a marriage due to their sloppy and aggressive modification of their software on my personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hugh Jorgan`, Jan 1, 2021.

1. What options do I have to prevent Microsoft from installing or updating unwanted or unknown...

It feels like Microsoft doesn't care if they break-up a marriage due to their sloppy and aggressive modification of their software on my personal computer, or install so much bloat-ware that my computer no longer functions properly, or if they install what are apparently new features to me without my direct knowledge or express consent.

I turned on my laptop today and eventually stumbled across a new and unwanted feature called Meet Now, dramatically changing the personalized environment on my laptop, which was done without my understanding that such things can occur at any time. Now I see how microsoft behaves behind my back. I understand in this day and age such features are popular and welcomed by many users, but there are repercussions from such behavior within MY life that can be severely damaging and irreparable.

Options to prevent the Microsoft Store from updating currently installed apps are not the correct solution because I might want this updating feature for all the other programs that I am at least currently aware are on my computer.

Hiding this program can actually be even MORE problematic for me as this appears like I am purposefully deceiving my family members.

While this has not caused my computer to stop functioning or caused any damaged to my business or ability to produce an income, I sincerely feel if I had not caught this disturbance I would be divorce court by the end of the week. I would really hate for that to happen because of microsoft's pushy treatment of their users.

I take this seriously and will not accept this type of intrusion again. I have many other options.

What I will accept is a method to permanently remove, delete and prevent this from happening again in the future without also removing the functionality of other Windows 10 features.

Any solutions to this intrusion are welcomed.

:)

Hugh Jorgan`, Jan 1, 2021
  2. Easo Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

You speak like Microsoft will push untested drivers for everyone.
    Common... Do you realy think they have not thought about possible situations?
    P.S.
    Unknown? Emm, what?

Easo, Jan 1, 2021
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

What options do I have to prevent Microsoft from installing or updating unwanted or unknown...

Installing update after downloading it through Microsoft Update Catalog

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

There is no need to install update separately it will be automatically installed when you download the update, I suggest you to go to Control panel and check whether the update is installed are not.

Follow the steps to check for Update.

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Click on View installed updates.

• Check for the Update in the list.

Keep us posted on the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

What options do I have to prevent Microsoft from installing or updating unwanted or unknown...

1. What options do I have to prevent Microsoft from installing or updating unwanted or unknown... - Similar Threads - options prevent Microsoft

2. I have a potentially unwanted app found not showing What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a potentially unwanted app found not showing What do I do?: I have seen the previous fix but when I open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History there is no service folder, Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-potentially-unwanted-app-found-not/acddd085-0829-4557-a67b-ef28b3868617
  3. I have a potentially unwanted app found not showing What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a potentially unwanted app found not showing What do I do?: I have seen the previous fix but when I open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History there is no service folder, Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-potentially-unwanted-app-found-not/acddd085-0829-4557-a67b-ef28b3868617
  4. I have a potentially unwanted app found not showing What do I do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Store preventing installer from installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store preventing installer from installing: I recently got a new computer, an HP Laptop with Windows 11, and I'm immediately running into a problem. I've been trying to install Steam to continue playing my games, but when I try to run the official installer, I get this message from a Microsoft Store pop-up: "The app...
  6. What should I do with this optional update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with this optional update: I have an optional update Western Digital Technologies - WDC-SAM 4.55.25.661 My Passport and I'm not really sure if I download & install it, if it will do something to the SSD on this MSI gf76 Katina laptop or will it automatically pick up the external HD and update the...
  7. What should I do with this optional update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do with this optional update: I have an optional update Western Digital Technologies - WDC-SAM 4.55.25.661 My Passport and I'm not really sure if I download & install it, if it will do something to the SSD on this MSI gf76 Katina laptop or will it automatically pick up the external HD and update the...
  8. Unwanted Microsoft Store pop-ups preventing installs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unwanted Microsoft Store pop-ups preventing installs: Hey, Whenever I try to install an app outside of the Microsoft Store, a Microsoft Store screen pops up and starts infinitely loading. It doesn't let me install anything. I've tried clearing the store cache and deleting and reinstalling it, but nothing works. What could be...
  9. Unknown Installation Running, Preventing Installs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Installation Running, Preventing Installs: Hello, I have been trying to unistall AVG all morning but it can't complete as there's a installation running, but to my knowledge there isn't another one running and I can't work out what it is? It's not a problem with AVG as iv'e tried unistalling other programs and they...
  10. Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown installation running, preventing installs and AVG auto update: Hi there, when trying to install an application, I get a pop up saying: 'Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.' On a separate occasion, AVG performs an auto update and basically says the same thing:...