Windows 10: What options is there for disabling/removing Windows Mail after deployment of a new PC

Discus and support What options is there for disabling/removing Windows Mail after deployment of a new PC in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Not sure where to put this question but I have about 20 or so machines spread across various sites that I need to remove or disable Windows Mail. We... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RonnieJorgensen, Oct 31, 2018.

1. What options is there for disabling/removing Windows Mail after deployment of a new PC

Not sure where to put this question but I have about 20 or so machines spread across various sites that I need to remove or disable Windows Mail.

We are running Windows 10 1709 and 1803. all pro and x64

We are currently considering a login script that runs when a user logs in that runs a powershell script that run:
    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage

We can get this work but ideally we wanted to run a command once on those 20 machines and not having to worry about the apps coming back.

We thought of running a script as SYSTEM on those machine but the below commands does not work

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | where-object {$_.PackageName -like "Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps*"} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online

So my question really is, what is the best way of doing this after we have already deployed those machines around to various sites?

:)

RonnieJorgensen, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. What options is there for disabling/removing Windows Mail after deployment of a new PC :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 31, 2018
  4. What options is there for disabling/removing Windows Mail after deployment of a new PC

DEPLOYMENT FAILED WITH HRESULT:0X80073CF6. PACKAGE COULD NOT BE REGISTERED. UNABLE TO REMOVE THE MAIL AND CALENDER APP.

Hi Singh,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update Mail app from Windows Store and also try to disable the third party antivirus from the computer. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try to update Mail app from Windows Store and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus and check if it helps.

Disable Anti virus:

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it
    to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows mail app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

What options is there for disabling/removing Windows Mail after deployment of a new PC

1. What options is there for disabling/removing Windows Mail after deployment of a new PC - Similar Threads - options disabling removing

2. I want to disable Pin login on Windows but Remove Option is not there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to disable Pin login on Windows but Remove Option is not there: the option is not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-disable-pin-login-on-windows-but-remove/2e108db0-9408-4e49-a3d7-6911e12ac9c4
  3. I want to disable Pin login on Windows but Remove Option is not there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to disable Pin login on Windows but Remove Option is not there: the option is not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-disable-pin-login-on-windows-but-remove/2e108db0-9408-4e49-a3d7-6911e12ac9c4
  4. Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign-in Options - REMOVE Password, not disable it: Hi, my windows 10, old HP laptop, allowed me to not use a password at all. In Sign-in Options, under password, it says "Your account doesn't have a password. You must add a password before you can us the other sign-in options." And this was great. I could hit "lock", and it...
  5. Should I deploy optional driver updates on my PC and Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I deploy optional driver updates on my PC and Laptop: I have an older PC and older laptop. Both seem to be running just fine and both were successfully upgraded to Windows 2020 Fall edition yesterday. When I was selecting my upgrade options I noticed there were about 8 optional upgrades available including western Digital...
  6. Windows Live Mail on old PC to Windows 10 Mail on new PC - help.

Windows Live Mail on old PC to Windows 10 Mail on new PC - help.: Greetings I've been trying to find a straightforward answer to how this can be done: I want to transfer 2 email accounts which I access via Windows Live Mail on to my new PC which has Windows 10 mail. I want to bring across all folders with all the emails placed in them...
  7. What is reset this PC option?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is reset this PC option?????: My desktop PC has pre-installed os as windows xp. After that I installed windows 7 genuine. With that product key, I upgraded it to windows 10 now. Now it is running windows 10 pro. But, now it is not working well. So I wish to reset my desktop PC. I wish to...
  8. Building a new pc. What options do i have?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Building a new pc. What options do i have?: So I was about to build a new pc. I already got all the parts but I want to use the same processor from the current pc. My Windows 10 came with the pc build I bought 2 years ago. It has a Digital License which is also linked with my main account. Now I am not sure what to...
  9. Microsoft mail stuck in outbox after new setup on new pc

Microsoft mail stuck in outbox after new setup on new pc: Need help with Microsoft mail, when I send email gets stuck in outbox. receiving mail fine. Any help? Not outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-stuck-in-outbox-after-new-setup-on/373a327d-f46b-45a5-81c3-4a260b1a45c3
  10. Removing Windows Deployment on my PC??

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Windows Deployment on my PC??: My terminology and understanding of deployment is lacking so please bare with me. My system has been set up as a Client Computer and limits my ability to change Administrative settings that everyone has after installing Windows. I have software that came with the Gigabyte...