Windows 10: What part of "OFF" does windows defender not understand

Discus and support What part of "OFF" does windows defender not understand in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Morning/Afternoon all After now what seems to have been a massive mistake in wiping my PC to start fresh i'm having a massive issue with Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BeardedBerk, Jul 11, 2020.

1. What part of "OFF" does windows defender not understand

Morning/Afternoon all

After now what seems to have been a massive mistake in wiping my PC to start fresh i'm having a massive issue with Windows Defender.

I use Bullguard as it is the most solid firewall/AV i have used in years, Never had any issues before in telling Defender to go away but seems now it just wants to stick its nose into everything Maybe another 2004 issue??

Even though in Windows Security - Firewall & Network Protection - Settings - Manage Providers it tells me that Bullguard is on and Defender is off,

Firewall 1

i go to Windows Defender with Advanced security screen i see that it is still on. No matter what i change in this screen it reverts back to these settings

Firewall 2

The only settings that actually stays is protected network connections - customize - unticked all connections.

Is there anyway of just telling defender to go away. I don't want to use it, if i did i'd have been using it for years and now its causing chaos with my connections

Thanks for any advice

:)

BeardedBerk, Jul 11, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User

windows defender keeps shutting itself off

You cannot uninstall/reinstall Defender – it’s part of the operating system.

Did you “Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender
    listed” as suggested in my previous post? What program is listed?

Superantispyware sometimes interferes with Windows Defender.

If you tried all steps in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    without success you may want to try option two in

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5918-turn-off-windows-defender-windows-10-a.html

Or

Try a different AV program (see my first post in this thread) or reset the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Good luck…

Le Boule, Jul 11, 2020
  3. windows defender turned off.....................

@atramsuraj: You can
    read this post
    and follow the given steps to re-enable your Windows Defender. And, by the way:

• What OS are you running?
    • Are you also using 3rd-party security program? If so, please consider disabling it, as some could turn off Windows Defender automatically.

nofoistapp, Jul 11, 2020
  4. What part of "OFF" does windows defender not understand

Unable to turn off Windows Defender

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are unable to turn off windows defender.

I suggest you try restarting Windows Defender service and check if issue is resolved. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X key and type services.msc,
      hit enter.
    • Search Windows Defender Service.:1) Windows Defender Service ; 2)
      Windows Defender Network.
    • Right click on each and press Start.
    • Restart your computer and check if issue persist.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

What part of "OFF" does windows defender not understand

1. What part of "OFF" does windows defender not understand - Similar Threads - part OFF does

2. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender off-line does not start: I have a new system build desktop the old one had it's Gigabyte m/b and SSD fail due to cell death causing a rash of BSOD errors, primarily due {I think} to whole of PC + off line scans, 2.8million files, weekly for 2+years with a new ASUS motherboard, new intel corei3 12100...
  3. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender off-line does not start: I have a new system build desktop the old one had it's Gigabyte m/b and SSD fail due to cell death causing a rash of BSOD errors, primarily due {I think} to whole of PC + off line scans, 2.8million files, weekly for 2+years with a new ASUS motherboard, new intel corei3 12100...
  4. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. my computer shut it self off and i don't understand this part of computers can a smarter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer shut it self off and i don't understand this part of computers can a smarter...: i have a ryzen 9 5900X, 128 gb of ram, a 2080 super black, a gtx 1070 ti, pleanty of fans and my psu is a evga 850GQ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shut-it-self-off-and-i-dont-understand/fad24521-5d36-4b2c-8385-b182abf4bf15
  6. my computer shut it self off and i don't understand this part of computers can a smarter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer shut it self off and i don't understand this part of computers can a smarter...: i have a ryzen 9 5900X, 128 gb of ram, a 2080 super black, a gtx 1070 ti, pleanty of fans and my psu is a evga 850GQ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shut-it-self-off-and-i-dont-understand/fad24521-5d36-4b2c-8385-b182abf4bf15
  7. my computer shut it self off and i don't understand this part of computers can a smarter...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Cant access parts of Windows Defender

Cant access parts of Windows Defender: I am able to scan my PC for threats, but when trying to change my PC to allow Windows Defender to check apps and files, I am unable to do so. I have an administrator account, yet the option is not changable due to "This setting is managed by your administrator". Is there any...
  9. Why does Windows Defender not understand "False Positive"?

Why does Windows Defender not understand "False Positive"?: Almost daily now, I've had to clear a "threat" from Defender's "actions needed" list on a specific program that is a false positive. How do I make it work as expected?...
  10. Does Ms understand what SERVERS are

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Ms understand what SERVERS are: Hi there Playing around with Ms 2016 SERVER What on earth is Ms playing at -- there's no minimal GUI on basic version but on the "GUI" versions why are there rediculous features such as XBOX, ONLINE, Airplane mode, Blue tooth etc --IT's A SERVER for goodness sake...