Windows 10: What partitions do I need to install Windows 10 Pro Build 1709?

Discus and support What partitions do I need to install Windows 10 Pro Build 1709? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The screenshot is how my hard drive is partitioned now. Evidently, It is not partitioned correctly to accept the 1709 download. What changes do I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dahermit, Mar 17, 2018.

1. dahermit Win User

What partitions do I need to install Windows 10 Pro Build 1709?

The screenshot is how my hard drive is partitioned now. Evidently, It is not partitioned correctly to accept the 1709 download. What changes do I need as to size, name, etc. of the partitions to get it to install 1709?

What partitions do I need to install Windows 10 Pro Build 1709? [​IMG]

:)

dahermit, Mar 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 - Delete Recovery Partition

So what do you do if Windows 10 Pro is causing the problem? I lost two 3TB HDD because Windows 10 Pro has a problem with my HDDs. "What do I Mean?" I have a system (homebrew) that has a 1TB HDD on it and I have no problem with it. My systems with 3TB HDDs
    were total disasters. I built these system with Windows 7 Pro and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro during the free period and had no problem (build 10586) but when I tried to upgrade to build 14383 (Anniversary issue) disaster struck. Windows 10 Pro build 14393
    created a unallocated partition of 746 GB and moved my files there. It then created 7 different 3MB partitions , a 250GB partition and 100MB partition in addition to the 100MB recovery partition already on the HDD. None of these partitions were visible to
    Windows Explorer (could not be seen). I had to use Partition software to find this out. Windows 10 Pro deleted the 2TB partition created by Windows 7 Pro. A 3TB HDD went to 746GB HDD because the 2TB HDD doesn't exist anymore. I took a second 3TB HDD and tried
    to rebuild the system I lost and it started out a Windows 7 Pro also and the system worked four days and did the same thing when updated were applied. So two 3TB HDD lost 2TB of capacity each because of Windows 10 Pro when a computer that started out as Windows
    7 Pro with a 1TB HDD has had no problems. Explain that if you can.

MCpbll_725, Mar 17, 2018
  3. Install Win 10 Pro as dual boot currently have Win 7 Pro

Install Win 10 Pro as dual boot currently have Win 7 Pro

Can do Partitioning during install or better do from Win 7 Pro disk manager?

New self build PC or install Win 10 PRo as dual boot

I will build a PC myself, i already have SSD so

Partitioning or erase/format NTFS can be done during install[Win 10 Pro]? I want delete all data in ssd when adapt to new build...

Installing Win 10 Pro from usb flash drive is better than using an external usb 3 dvd writer & dvd with Win 10 Pro? the latter should boot from dvd... if set boot from usb? better use usb 2 or usb 3?

Lse123polis, Mar 17, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Do you want to update or do a clean install if a clean install delete all paritions and let windows create what it needs. THats one big recovery parition

Samuria, Mar 17, 2018
  5. dahermit Win User
    I wish to keep all my applications, etc. So if I understand it correctly, I want to do an update.

dahermit, Mar 17, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Mar 17, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
  8. What partitions do I need to install Windows 10 Pro Build 1709?

Hi,
    Yeah this thread is counter productive *Smile

ThrashZone, Mar 17, 2018
  9. dahermit Win User
    I don't know what UEFI is. And all I want to do is get the Windows 10 1709 update installed on my computer...not interested in tweaks, bells, and whistles.

dahermit, Mar 17, 2018
  10. zbook New Member
    If you computer has UEFI in the BIOS and you are able to move to GPT that I may be able to help you upgrade to 1709.

zbook, Mar 17, 2018
  11. dahermit Win User
    Yes, it sure has been. Perhaps if the people who posted their advice would consider the likely computer literacy level of the original poster and not use computer jargon, shorthand as if trying to impress with their superior knowledge, I may not be able to understand. In short, I am a 74 year-old with Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning). I need to have things explained to me as if I were eight-years-old. I need precise, clear instructions ​​in order for them to be of any use to me.

dahermit, Mar 17, 2018
  12. EdTittel Win User
    If what I see online for the User Guides for your PC is correct (I'm looking at C03916058, the big technician's manual for the unit) the machine may support UEFI. If you can boot into the system diagnostics on your machine, you may (or may not) see an entry labeled HP PC Hardware Diagnostics -- UEFI. Here's a diagram from that manual that explains EXACTLY how to do this:

Please try this out and tell us what happens. This will help us steer you in the direction you'd like to go. Please don't let remarks from some responders color your experience here at TenForums. In general the community will do everything it can to arm you with the information you need to solve your problems. Over time, persistence will pay off.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 17, 2018
  13. dahermit Win User

I accessed the System Diagnostics. Results were: Memory Test-passed, Hard Drive Check-passed.

I also increased the size of the System Reserve to 550MB partition as suggested as a solution to Windows 1709 not being able to install...made no difference. I still get the error: Oxc1900200 after the Windows 10 Update Assistant does its download.

Addendum: Before the Windows 10 Update Assistant begins the download, it checks my system resources...after checking, it states that I have the resources necessary for the update. Hard drive space should not be a problem...2TB, 1790GB free on drive C:
    Here is a screenshot of my resources:

dahermit, Mar 18, 2018
  14. cereberus Win User
    Manually upgrading is very easy.

Download 1709 iso, mount it as a drive and run setup.exe

cereberus, Mar 18, 2018
  15. dahermit Win User
    Evidently, you have not read the previous posts.

Nevertheless, by "Download 1709 iso..." do you mean to use the "Media Creation Tool" or "ISO files as links directly from Microsoft"?

"...mount it as a drive..." How does one go about doing that?

dahermit, Mar 18, 2018
Thema:

1. What partitions do I need to install Windows 10 Pro Build 1709? - Similar Threads - partitions need install

2. windows 10 build before 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 build before 1709: I have an issue where my medion akoya S2218 laptop has lost any and all sound after a windows update, im not positive what caused it but i think it was a windows update after looking online a bit. I tried reloading windows fresh on 1709 and still had the same issue even after...
  3. windows 10 build before 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 build before 1709: I have an issue where my medion akoya S2218 laptop has lost any and all sound after a windows update, im not positive what caused it but i think it was a windows update after looking online a bit. I tried reloading windows fresh on 1709 and still had the same issue even after...
  4. windows 10 build before 1709

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stick with windows 10 build 1709?

in Windows 10 Support
    Stick with windows 10 build 1709?: Hey guys, Just a quick question. I wana stick with win 10 build 1709. It runs the best on my pc. Tested 1803 & 1809 and they run alot slower & Slugish. But will they still do updates for this build? or is it End Of Life? Cheers Danny 128060
  6. Windows 10 Pro install partitioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro install partitioning: I have downloaded both the August and November 2018 editions of Windows 10 and found that these install disks will not partition the drive correctly during installation. I can't even change the formatting for the efi partition to FAT32. As a matter of fact, the Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Build 1709 ISO

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Build 1709 ISO: Hello! I have a quick question: Windows 10 build 1803 recently came out, But... Is there still a way to download a windows 10 1709 iso???...
  8. Issues with the latest updates on Windows 10 Pro x64 build 1709

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with the latest updates on Windows 10 Pro x64 build 1709: Hello, The latest security and reliability updates (september 2018 for Win10 x64 build 1709) will make VPN IKEv2 connections non functional, for example, I use the following powershell cmdlets to connect to a VPN server: Add-VpnConnection -Name "VPN Connection Name"...
  9. What Partitions do I need to keep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What Partitions do I need to keep: Which partitions do I need to keep on Drive 1 [img] 105775
  10. Do I need this partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need this partition?: Hi All, I bought my computer a few years ago with Windows 7 preinstalled. The drive was partitioned into "C" and a small recovery partition "E". I did a clean install of Windows 10. Do I still need the "E" partition??? Is it some sort of boot drive? The recovery folder...