Windows 10: What potential problems can occur if my laptop cannot detect a new motherboard's "system...

Discus and support What potential problems can occur if my laptop cannot detect a new motherboard's "system... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After a Lenovo technician came out and replaced my motherboard my laptop is unable to provide any information on it with both the "system model" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ScottATL999, Aug 14, 2022.

1. What potential problems can occur if my laptop cannot detect a new motherboard's "system...

After a Lenovo technician came out and replaced my motherboard my laptop is unable to provide any information on it with both the "system model" and "baseboard product" showing as "Invalid". A Google search says this happens when the technician doesn't "flash the bios", but I have since updated the bios to the latest version and both headings are still showing "Invalid". I would like to know if my motherboard not being recognized is something I should be worried about, and if so, what impact or potential problems could occur if it isn't fixed? I appreciate any thoughts you may have about it

:)

ScottATL999, Aug 14, 2022

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Neil23 Win User
    Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

On a Windows 10 desktop today there was this error message...

“The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application“

Any suggestion as to what the problem is and how to rectify the problem?

Neil23, Aug 14, 2022
  4. fireberd Win User

What potential problems can occur if my laptop cannot detect a new motherboard's "system...

Windows 10 Audio Problem Thread

You seem to be convinced its a Win 10 OS problem. If it was only a Windows 10 problem, millions would be having the problem and they obviously are not. Please fill in the "My System Specs" as it helps us to try and help you. As you "just bought the computer" suggests its new and in Warranty. First step would be to contact the vendor as only the vendor can get it corrected under warranty. May even be a hardware problem and again its the vendor who can get that corrected. Many Laptops have a separate board for the I/O with cabling to the main board. That is one potential area.

When you plug in a headphone, check the Sound Playback panel to see if the headphones are detected.

fireberd, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

What potential problems can occur if my laptop cannot detect a new motherboard's "system...

1. What potential problems can occur if my laptop cannot detect a new motherboard's "system... - Similar Threads - potential problems occur

2. Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem: This is a potential solution that worked for me in regards to a problem discussed in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freeze-and-audio-problem/1d742809-a22f-492e-b121-e830388a724eI was not able to post my solution to that thread as it...
  3. Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem: This is a potential solution that worked for me in regards to a problem discussed in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freeze-and-audio-problem/1d742809-a22f-492e-b121-e830388a724eI was not able to post my solution to that thread as it...
  4. Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What potential problems can occur if my laptop cannot detect a new motherboard's "system...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What potential problems can occur if my laptop cannot detect a new motherboard's "system...: After a Lenovo technician came out and replaced my motherboard my laptop is unable to provide any information on it with both the "system model" and "baseboard product" showing as "Invalid". A Google search says this happens when the technician doesn't "flash the bios", but I...
  6. What potential problems can occur if my laptop cannot detect a new motherboard's "system...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What potential problems can occur if my laptop cannot detect a new motherboard's "system...: After a Lenovo technician came out and replaced my motherboard my laptop is unable to provide any information on it with both the "system model" and "baseboard product" showing as "Invalid". A Google search says this happens when the technician doesn't "flash the bios", but I...
  7. new motherboard activation problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new motherboard activation problems: Yes I bought a dell computer with windows 7 Pro. I upgraded to the most recent windows 10 as the updates came out and were free. I recently had to replace my motherboard. Now it tells me the windows product key on my computer tower is invalid?...
  8. A new problem has occurred

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A new problem has occurred: Hey y’all, I’m a 14 year old and the newest update or software thing is making me fill out a questionnaire, and to finish it I have to enter card information and a billing adresss. You can see the problem. Is there any way to bypass it? submitted by /u/flameshot19 [link]...
  9. My laptop cannot detect WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop cannot detect WiFi: My laptop will randomly sometimes just cannot detect wifi. I ran the trouble shooter and it didn’t work. I tried network reset and that didn’t work either. Is there anyway to fix this?...
  10. Installed new motherboard...problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed new motherboard...problems: Greetings I had to install a new motherboard in my wife's computer, the system was flakey. The drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: a DVD burner, and E: was a 2TB Seagate HD. After installing the new motherboard, the drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: was a 2TB Seagate HD., and...