Windows 10: What Preparations for Windows 11 upgrade?

Discus and support What Preparations for Windows 11 upgrade? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I haven't yet gone ahead with the W11 update. Is there a risk of losing data, files and downloaded software? If so, are there any good free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vanillaman, Mar 18, 2023.

1. What Preparations for Windows 11 upgrade?

I haven't yet gone ahead with the W11 update. Is there a risk of losing data, files and downloaded software? If so, are there any good free recovery/restore or backup options?Many thanks in advance.Kind regards

:)

Vanillaman, Mar 18, 2023
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Mar 18, 2023
  4. dougboes Win User

What Preparations for Windows 11 upgrade?

Upgrade to Windows 11

I want to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have run the compatibility software and got the message that says my Windows 10 software is not compatible with upgrading to Windows 11. I'm looking for a point & click application that will make my Windows 10 OS upgradable to Windows 11 or a file that will provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the upgrade to Windows 11. I expect a list of files/applications that will not run in Windows 11 because my PC is not capable of running the new applications w/o hardware upgrades.

dougboes, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

What Preparations for Windows 11 upgrade?

1. What Preparations for Windows 11 upgrade? - Similar Threads - Preparations upgrade

2. What do I need to do to prepare Realtek Bluetooth for upgrading from 8.1 to 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What do I need to do to prepare Realtek Bluetooth for upgrading from 8.1 to 10?: I'm trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 10, but this popped up: "Realtek Bluetooth Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10". The microsoft link it gives me only links to trying to update windows 10, not upgrading. I have no idea what to do....
  3. What do I need to do to prepare Realtek Bluetooth for upgrading from 8.1 to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I need to do to prepare Realtek Bluetooth for upgrading from 8.1 to 10?: I'm trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 10, but this popped up: "Realtek Bluetooth Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10". The microsoft link it gives me only links to trying to update windows 10, not upgrading. I have no idea what to do....
  4. What do I need to do to prepare Realtek Bluetooth for upgrading from 8.1 to 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...: I built two PCs some years ago purchasing Windows 8.1 Pro OEM licenses and all major system components from NewEgg.I later upgraded the PCs to Windows 10 Pro via "bare metal" installs because I upgraded the primary drives at the same time. IIRC, on "PC-A" I first installed...
  6. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...: I built two PCs some years ago purchasing Windows 8.1 Pro OEM licenses and all major system components from NewEgg.I later upgraded the PCs to Windows 10 Pro via "bare metal" installs because I upgraded the primary drives at the same time. IIRC, on "PC-A" I first installed...
  7. How can I prepare for a bare metal restore of system upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 w/o...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I'm trying to upgrade Windows 11 Home version to Pro, but it's been stuck on "preparing for...

I'm trying to upgrade Windows 11 Home version to Pro, but it's been stuck on "preparing for...: I'm trying to upgrade Windows 11 Home version to Pro, but it's been stuck on "preparing for upgrade" for several hours. How should I proceed? Thanks,Denny...
  9. I'm trying to upgrade Windows 11 Home version to Pro, but it's been stuck on "preparing for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to upgrade Windows 11 Home version to Pro, but it's been stuck on "preparing for...: I'm trying to upgrade Windows 11 Home version to Pro, but it's been stuck on "preparing for upgrade" for several hours. How should I proceed? Thanks,Denny...
  10. What Preparations for Windows 11 upgrade?

What Preparations for Windows 11 upgrade?: I haven't yet gone ahead with the W11 update. Is there a risk of losing data, files and downloaded software? If so, are there any good free recovery/restore or backup options?Many thanks in advance.Kind regards...