Windows 10: What prevents one Windows 10 PC from accessing another Windows 10 PC?

Discus and support What prevents one Windows 10 PC from accessing another Windows 10 PC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have set up file sharing between 2 computers, both running the latest version of Windows 10; both logged in using my Microsoft account credentials;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nezzer2, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Nezzer2 Win User

What prevents one Windows 10 PC from accessing another Windows 10 PC?

I have set up file sharing between 2 computers, both running the latest version of Windows 10; both logged in using my Microsoft account credentials; both running the same firewall and anti-malware software; etc. Both computers can "see" each other on the network. Using File Explorer, PC 2 can access files and folders on PC 1 without problems - doesn't even ask for username/password. But, when I try to do the same thing on PC 1, I get a prompt to Enter network credentials. I try to use my Microsoft account credentials, but it says "The user name or password is incorrect"What am I missing?

:)

Nezzer2, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2021
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 30, 2021
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. What prevents one Windows 10 PC from accessing another Windows 10 PC? - Similar Threads - prevents accessing another

2. Shift the windows 10 Pro Paper license from one PC to another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift the windows 10 Pro Paper license from one PC to another PC: WE HAVE PAPER LICENSE FOR WINDOWS 10 PRO AND OFFICE LICENSE HOME AND BUSINESS, WITCH WERE PURCHASED IN YEAR 2016. NOW WE WANT TO SHIFT THE ONCE OF SOFTWARE TO ANOTHER SYSTEM, PLEASE GUIDE US ON THE SAME...
  3. How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from accessing the Drives in File Explorer, then […] This article How to prevent users from accessing Drives in This PC on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Transfer Windows from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows from one PC to another: I currently have a laptop that had Windows from the factory, and I want to transfer it to my new desktop. I want to put Ubuntu on the laptop. When i go to activation, however, it says that it's activated with a digital license, and i cant get the product key. I am using...
  5. Move windows 10 from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move windows 10 from one PC to another: When I bought this PC it came with Windows 8, then I got the free upgrade to Windows 10. I am changing the PC now but I am not able to move the windows 10 to that new pc, is that not allowed? I tried entering the product key, it did not work, then I tried activating from...
  6. Can not access Windows 10 drive from another PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not access Windows 10 drive from another PC: I've had a good look for an answer to this, so apologies if it's already on here. All the posts I've so far read seem to give alternative routes to do what I've been doing. For years I shared my old XP drives with a Windows 7 laptop but could never work out to share them...
  7. how to transfer windows 10 from one pc to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to transfer windows 10 from one pc to another: Hi my current computer has window ten but its old and i want to transfere my windows 10 copy from my old pc to my new one which is faster. please help whoever can...
  8. OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10

OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10: I have a full version of Windows 7 on one Computer and I need to put it on another Computer so what would be the best way to do this? The reason why is if you have the full version of Windows 7 you can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free. 121448
  9. OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    OS from one PC to another PC to get Windows 10: I have a full version of Windows 7 on one Computer and I need to put it on another Computer so what would be the best way to do this? The reason why is if you have the full version of Windows 7 you can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free. 121448
  10. Moving Windows 10 from one SSD in my PC to another in the same PC?

Moving Windows 10 from one SSD in my PC to another in the same PC?: I just built a new PC with Windows 10 Pro running from my old SSD. How do I move my Windows install from the old SSD (where it is running now), to the new M.2 SSD I just installed in the same PC?...