Windows 10: what process is PID 4036? MSE? please help.

Discus and support what process is PID 4036? MSE? please help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I booted up computer and it freezes for a few sec at very beginning. no freeze per se I can move my mouse but if I click someone or run program it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m18xr2, Jun 11, 2020.

1. m18xr2 Win User

what process is PID 4036? MSE? please help.

I booted up computer and it freezes for a few sec at very beginning. no freeze per se I can move my mouse but if I click someone or run program it doesnt run until maybe 5-10 sec later which is very slow. I use to not have this problem.

I have processexplorer and it shows at the start CPU usage coming from sppsvc.exe 4036. but when I open task manager and sort by PID no 4036 coming up, assuming it was running and stopped itself so it doesn't show by the time I bring up task manager.

does anyone know what 4036 is? I am guessing it is microsoft security essential or windows defender and I plan to have them on a delay start if I could.

:)

m18xr2, Jun 11, 2020

2. Process ID PID ProcessID How do I figure out what piece of software/process this ID belongs to?

My event log is listing a PID/Process ID. How do I get a list of PIDs on my computer? How do I identify what this is? I am running a standard home PC. This is not in a network or complex system. It is my computer, I own it.

TonySchwartz317, Jun 11, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    In Task Manager, what does PID 4964 refer to?

PID stands for Process ID and it's a random number that Windows assigns to each running process. The PID for a process is temporary and can change every time you start a new session of the process in question.

To get help with an error code we need to know:

• the complete accurate error code or error name; and
    • what you were doing on the computer immediately before you saw the error.

BulldogXX, Jun 11, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. what process is PID 4036? MSE? please help. - Similar Threads - process PID 4036

2. The process with PID 16712 child process of PID 2336 has been terminated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The process with PID 16712 child process of PID 2336 has been terminated.: I keep getting this prompt in a command prompt that opens up at a random time and messes up the games I am playing and closes the web browser that I am using. I have checked for malware and viruses, but nothing comes up. I have neglected the issue for a bit, but it has gotten...
  3. The process with PID 16712 child process of PID 2336 has been terminated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The process with PID 16712 child process of PID 2336 has been terminated.: I keep getting this prompt in a command prompt that opens up at a random time and messes up the games I am playing and closes the web browser that I am using. I have checked for malware and viruses, but nothing comes up. I have neglected the issue for a bit, but it has gotten...
  4. cannot open process with pid 6852

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open process with pid 6852: hello i wanted to inject a mod menue in gta 5 as usually but this time the error " cannot open process with pid 6852 " appeared cant someine help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-process-with-pid-6852/d63742f3-4577-4a3d-bc0d-e357c33ea059
  5. cannot open process with pid 6852

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot open process with pid 6852: hello i wanted to inject a mod menue in gta 5 as usually but this time the error " cannot open process with pid 6852 " appeared cant someine help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-process-with-pid-6852/d63742f3-4577-4a3d-bc0d-e357c33ea059
  6. Defender/MSE and Process Hacker 2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender/MSE and Process Hacker 2: I'm using MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) on one PC as a temporary solution and its been working without incident until last weekend, after the usual definitions update. Process Hacker 2, well known software that has been recommended for many years even on some PC...
  7. MSE and Chrome

MSE and Chrome: I ran a full scan last night. MSE apparently found something suspicious, corrected it. Now my google chrome doesn't work.. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mse-and-chrome/133976d8-37fc-413b-a19b-20bb9d126b67
  8. MSE

MSE: I don't know if my first post went thru. In the MSE history it says I have the "TrojanDownloader:JS/Menucod. But multiple scans do not find anything.... Also have an error code 0x80508023 that says the Program could not find the malware.......
  9. MSE

MSE: Have this in my MSE history; don't know what it means. Multiple scans come up clean.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mse/8d175fdf-6ef9-45ed-9839-aae1cb7d7c7d
  10. MSE

MSE: What version of MSE should I be running on Windows 7 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start-windows_7/mse/02d2ec1b-87bc-4371-ab07-07d01d692f72