Windows 10: What program(s) installs Open Candy in windows 10?

Discus and support What program(s) installs Open Candy in windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What program(s) installs Open Candy in windows 10? Could it be Microsoft Solitaire that causes this issue? I realize some people and some other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by groze, Aug 4, 2015.

1. groze Win User

What program(s) installs Open Candy in windows 10?

What program(s) installs Open Candy in windows 10? Could it be Microsoft Solitaire that causes this issue? I realize some people and some other programs no longer consider OpenCandy a pup or a threat.

I mounted an image of windows 7, 10 using Macrium. This is the results of scanning the Macrium image windows 10 partition plus the empty partition using Malwarebytes

Files: 1

PUP.Optional.OpenCandy, D:\Users\Users\User name\AppData\Local\Temp\is-MCL9U.tmp\OCSetupHlp.dll,

This is the results of scanning the image windows 7 partition using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

No malicious items detected

Heuristic scanning was checked in all scans.

:)

groze, Aug 4, 2015

2. Candy Crush Apps in Windows 10

This is what I get when opening Candy Crush

Barbara 42, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Candy Crush Saga on Windows 10

Hi . I'm trying to install Candy Crush Saga on Windows 10 , but it is crashed while loading and is not opened unfortunately

ArusikSargsyan, Aug 4, 2015
  4. What program(s) installs Open Candy in windows 10?

I have Microsoft Solitaire and it did not install anything extra with it.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 4, 2015
  5. groze Win User
    What a mystery.

I don't think the pup is installed, because the OCSetupHlp.dll was the only file in the temporary folder. The cause still baffles me. I will just do another clean install of windows 10. All my other scans came out as No malicious items detected

Here what I have installed or tried to install on windows 10
    Avg 2015 (installed but didn't work correctly)
    7-Zip
    Apple Software Update
    DOSBox-0.74
    Foxit Software 6.1xxxxx
    Google
    Intel
    Internet Explorer
    Java
    Macrium
    Microsoft Works
    MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 9.0
    MozBackup
    Mozilla Firefox
    Mozilla Maintenance Service
    Mozilla Thunderbird
    Opera
    Pale Moon
    QuickTime
    Realtek
    SeaMonkey

I have all but one of the software installed in windows 7.

groze, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Antilope Win User
    Antilope, Aug 5, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    You may find its Foxit.

swarfega, Aug 5, 2015
  8. What program(s) installs Open Candy in windows 10?

Yes, with Foxit you have to watch what they sneak in when you update the program.

Last time I did it there was some kind of Cloud something installed. I took it out with Revo uninstaller.

During the update there is no place to uncheck a box to stop it from installing.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 5, 2015
  9. groze Win User
    Disconnect from the internet before installing foxit, so you can turn off the auto update. I thought it might of been free Avg installing there pc-tool kit. I don't like the newer version of foxit, didn't work to well on windows 7 but it might on windows 10.

groze, Aug 5, 2015
  10. It does work fine in 10. I also used it in 8.1, no problem's there either, except the little extra's.

10 does have a PDF reader in it but, I have not tried it yet. If it work good, I will remove Foxit.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 5, 2015
  11. DavidG Win User
    I found a Wikipedia article that lists programs know to use OPEN CANDY. Foxit is on the list. Here is a link to the complete list. Hope this helps in some way. *Smile

OpenCandy - Wikipedia

DavidG, Aug 5, 2015
  12. Thanks for the link, great find. There sure is a long list. *Thumbs

I see Power ISO is on it. I tried to update it a couple of month's ago and it had all kind's of extra's
    with it.

I tried it yesterday and it was clean. So now it is up to date and no strange program's installed with it.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

What program(s) installs Open Candy in windows 10?

1. What program(s) installs Open Candy in windows 10? - Similar Threads - program installs Open

2. What is this AquaPotency Co 's program FeelgoodVelvetLR.exe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this AquaPotency Co 's program FeelgoodVelvetLR.exe?: Hi,What is this AquaPotency Co 's program FeelgoodVelvetLR.exe? I have been shut it down and delete it, but it does not work.It keeps running process all day long and I dont know what it does. It has been on my computer since 17.06.2022. Can it be deleted somehow, because I...
  3. What is this AquaPotency Co 's program FeelgoodVelvetLR.exe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this AquaPotency Co 's program FeelgoodVelvetLR.exe?: Hi,What is this AquaPotency Co 's program FeelgoodVelvetLR.exe? I have been shut it down and delete it, but it does not work.It keeps running process all day long and I dont know what it does. It has been on my computer since 17.06.2022. Can it be deleted somehow, because I...
  4. after Windows 10 s switch out the installation of other programs still fails. What is the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after Windows 10 s switch out the installation of other programs still fails. What is the...: after Windows 10 s switch out the installation of other programs still fails.What is the solution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-10-s-switch-out-the-installation-of/3cc397ba-b399-4e0e-9f86-9851184cb574
  5. Install any program on WIndows 10 in S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install any program on WIndows 10 in S mode: Hey community i want to know if there is a way to install any program over a device that is running Windows 10 in S mode, i know that is possible to switch out of this mode without cost, but i want to mantain the best "performance" that this mode gives to my device and be...
  6. candy crush sega can be installed on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    candy crush sega can be installed on Windows 10?: Hi guys! Actually i am asking can i download candy crush sega mod apk on my windows? i do not want to install PC game i want to install apk file....
  7. Open file with what program?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open file with what program?: All my file associations have been set forever. Now, after windows update i keep getting asked what program i want to use to open jpegs, vidoe files, etc. So annoying. I did not change anything Microsoft **** around and the association is still set but you keep asking anyway....
  8. Programs not opening, except windows 10's native apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening, except windows 10's native apps: That's it, I can't open any program, only the windows 10 native apps (edge, skype, email, calendar, groove, etc) It started happening like 4 days ago. If I restart my pc, it works but after some random time it stop working again. Tried to update to latest version of...
  9. Candy Crush on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Candy Crush on Windows 10: Is there any way I can play Candy Crush on Windows 10 without the whole Facebook interaction business? I don't have Facebook and don't want it either. I got to level 60 and now it wants me to ask friends for lives or help or something on Facebook before I can continue....
  10. Sudden problem with program(s) installations.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden problem with program(s) installations.: Build 15002, clean install updated to 15007. Some programs I was able to install and run for long time now suddenly will not install. Traced problem to Windows installer (32bit) (msiexec.exe) (which just gets stuck with 3 instances). Opens in full screen or minimized and...