Windows 10: What programs / apps to use to tweak Win 10

Discus and support What programs / apps to use to tweak Win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have used these programs to tweak Win 10 I would like to know what others are using. - Classic Shell Site: Classic Shell - Start menu and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Megahertz, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Megahertz Win User

What programs / apps to use to tweak Win 10

I have used these programs to tweak Win 10
    I would like to know what others are using.

- Classic Shell
    Site: Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

- Winaero Tweaker
    Site Winaero - Free small and useful software for Windows
    Downloads / Software / Winaero Tweaker

- Sledgehammer 2.6.0 - Manage Win 10 Updates
    Control Windows Updates with Sledgehammer
    Download Sledgehammer (formerly WUMT Wrapper Script)

Disable Cortana How to Disable Cortana in Windows 10
    Remove Cortana How to uninstall and remove Cortana in Windows 10

:)

Megahertz, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Callender Win User

Cleaning and tweaking Windows

RE:
    • Sometimes windows hang if im trying to shut down my computer and asks me if i want to wait for my programs to close. I want windows to shut down my computer without asking me anything.

Enable fast shutdown tweaks all listed under (Step 13) here:

Optimize Performance of Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Callender, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. What programs / apps to use to tweak Win 10 - Similar Threads - programs apps tweak

2. what is a .fac ? and is there a app for win.10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is a .fac ? and is there a app for win.10?: .fac is there a app. to run for win. 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-fac-and-is-there-a-app-for-win10/0b4eb1a1-cd8a-4abf-897a-5ad7290a635a
  3. what is a .fac ? and is there a app for win.10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is a .fac ? and is there a app for win.10?: .fac is there a app. to run for win. 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-fac-and-is-there-a-app-for-win10/0b4eb1a1-cd8a-4abf-897a-5ad7290a635a
  4. What is the best Aero Glass program for win 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best Aero Glass program for win 10.: I just got startisback and im looking to complete my look. Is the one hosted on Glass8.eu safe? submitted by /u/Oversurge [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky4ymn/what_is_the_best_aero_glass_program_for_win_10/
  5. Tweaking Performance Using PowerShell Scripts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tweaking Performance Using PowerShell Scripts: Hi, Regarding the many scripts that I saw online e.g. Sophia scripts...etc, does it remove the associated registry key files of the apps/services it uninstalls? 171269
  6. Tweak Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tweak Windows 10: Hi All! I want to tweak my Windows 10 Dsiplay like this https://technastic.com/2-best-macos-like-docks-for-windows-10/ Is what I'm doing breaking the rules of Microsoft?...
  7. tweak?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tweak?: I was having slow speeds transferring files across two pcs (sometimes3.3 kps) hit upon this tip will searching google. control panel/device manager/network adapters choose your ethernet adapter/properties advance tab large send offload (ipv4) to disable large send offload...
  8. what dows this tweak mean?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what dows this tweak mean?: what does this tweak mean (UncleanShutdownBootTimeStamp), and does this tweak involve an uncompleted shutdown and startup, heres a screenshot*Huh 76196
  9. Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10: I find myself too often adding an Attributes column and then moving it to the leftmost column location within File Manager. Is it possible to tweak File Manager such that an Attributes column is always included and appears as the leftmost column within File Manager ? I...
  10. Tweaking Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Tweaking Windows 10: Not sure if this should go in "Customization" thread, but, here it goes: Hello. I am trying to 'tweak' my copy of Windows 10. One of my projects is to delete unecessary files, freeing up disk space (my primary 1 TB SSD is already almost full). So, this I have planned:...