Windows 10: What programs can I delete

Discus and support What programs can I delete in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop P855-S5200. I want to get rid of any programs I can. I want to keep the OS and office and get rid of everything else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by copiman, Sep 12, 2016.

1. copiman Win User

What programs can I delete

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop P855-S5200. I want to get rid of any programs I can. I want to keep the OS and office and get rid of everything else but I know there are probably things I should keep. I just don't know what. I have attached some screen shots. If possible could they be looked at and advise me what I can get rid of or what I should keep? Thank you for any advice you can give
    What programs can I delete [​IMG]

:)

copiman, Sep 12, 2016

2. What Windows programs can I delete? After installing Windows 10 update I am running out of disk space.

You don't say what make and model computer you have. (btw, three years old is pretty new). The first thing to do if you know you are not goint to revert to your old OS is to deleted the Windows.old file and any Windows 10 installation files. Type Disk
    Cleanup in the Search the web and Windows box next to the Start button and click on the top entry. In the drive selection, leave it at the default, usually (CWhat programs can I delete :). Click OK and let it search the drive. Then you will see a pane like the one below.
    Click the button I circled. It again asks for the drive and spends some time searching. When the pane reappears look for the large file called something like previous version, and any Windows installation files. Leave the update files alone. This should
    free quite a few GBs of unneeded files.

It sounds like you are using a limited SSD for C:. Consider replacing it and at least doubling your drive space.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 12, 2016
  3. What Windows programs can I delete? After installing Windows 10 update I am running out of disk space.

I know I can uninstall programs in control panel. There are a lot of Windows titled files. Which can I remove safely? I am assuming most people have these files on their pcs due to the many Windows updates. My pc is 3 years old.

SandyPritchard, Sep 12, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Most of those programs beginning Toshiba are probably useless Toshiba utilities you don't really need. You could consult a Toshiba user forum about whether they are really needed. I would install Autoruns to see which of these are being loaded at startup. You can then disable those you don't need and uninstall them if not needed. Those installed Toshiba programs which are not loaded on PC startup are probably not using much disk space and you could just leave them if you don't want to risk modifying your PC.

Steve C, Sep 12, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    My laptop is also a Toshiba, though a year or so older than yours. There are at least three must-keep Toshiba utilities:

Toshiba Hardware Setup - give access to specific BIOS/hardware setting you can't otherwise set from Windows.
    (NB: the HWSetup is part of the Value Added Package, so you probably shouldn't delete that either.)
    Toshiba Sleep utility - the only way to change some Toshiba-specific hardware settings, such as Sleep-and-Charge.
    Toshiba Disk Creator - While Windows 10 can burn an .iso image to a disk, there's no native way to make an .iso image from a disk. You can do that with Disk Creator.

Another useful one is Disk Protector. That does an emergency park of the HDD's heads to protect them if your laptop detects excessive G-force (as in: oops - I've dropped it). For the other Toshiba ones, Google their names and go to the Toshiba website's page to see a description of what each are for. Unlike some manufacturers, Toshiba provide documentation and downloads for drivers and utilities for their older models long after they were discontinued. See here for the complete list for yours: http://support.toshiba.com/support/d...eeText=3385542

6. copiman Win User
    Thanks all for your help. I found a page on Toshiba's website that explains a what these Toshiba programs are. I found it very helpful. Here is a link to it.

FAQ: TOSHIBA Laptop Utilities and Features

Hope this helps other when they need to know what to delete.

copiman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What programs can I delete - Similar Threads - programs delete

2. Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not: I've been having this issue where I try to delete a program or folder, but I can't because my computer says its currently in use and is open in another program, even though its not open anywhere on my computer. No matter how hard I click on 'try again', it won't let me delete...
  3. Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not: I've been having this issue where I try to delete a program or folder, but I can't because my computer says its currently in use and is open in another program, even though its not open anywhere on my computer. No matter how hard I click on 'try again', it won't let me delete...
  4. How to fix deleted program file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix deleted program file: Okay so I was messing with regedit and i accidentally deleted an important file. First i cant shutdown my laptop so i Shift+shutdown. Now when i open it, it only goes to safe mode. I tried doing system restore and it errors. I tried downloading windows using a usb and it wont...
  5. How to fix deleted program file

How to fix deleted program file: Okay so I was messing with regedit and i accidentally deleted an important file. First i cant shutdown my laptop so i Shift+shutdown. Now when i open it, it only goes to safe mode. I tried doing system restore and it errors. I tried downloading windows using a usb and it wont...
  6. How to fix deleted program file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...: After uninstalling any software, none files of this software doesn't goes to recycle bin. So i can't properly delete a program permanently.For this my laptop running slow. Also in spite of few software there are no space of my laptops Rom. So how can I set this to delete a...
  8. So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...

So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...: After uninstalling any software, none files of this software doesn't goes to recycle bin. So i can't properly delete a program permanently.For this my laptop running slow. Also in spite of few software there are no space of my laptops Rom. So how can I set this to delete a...
  9. Windows 11 - can I manually delete folder C:\Program Files x86\GnuPG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - can I manually delete folder C:\Program Files x86\GnuPG: Hello,A while ago I installed Gpg4win for some reason email encryption. The Gpg4win application or the installer created a second folder C:\Program Files x86\GnuPG which contains two folders: /bin and /share. Folder /bin contains a batch-file 'gpg-disable-keyboxd.bat'.I...
  10. Windows 11 - can I manually delete folder C:\Program Files x86\GnuPG

Windows 11 - can I manually delete folder C:\Program Files x86\GnuPG: Hello,A while ago I installed Gpg4win for some reason email encryption. The Gpg4win application or the installer created a second folder C:\Program Files x86\GnuPG which contains two folders: /bin and /share. Folder /bin contains a batch-file 'gpg-disable-keyboxd.bat'.I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. older toshiba can i unistall it from control panel

2. ingenering group inc product uninstall