Windows 10: What recovery option was this???

Discus and support What recovery option was this??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, not sure if this is directly related to the topic, but my & a friend have been trying to figure out how to fix their PC for hours, and then his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dean--Miles, Jul 30, 2021.

1. What recovery option was this???

Hello, not sure if this is directly related to the topic, but my & a friend have been trying to figure out how to fix their PC for hours, and then his roommate comes in & fixes it immediately with some recovery feature which i've never seen before. Is this a windows thing, or like some third party thing??? i tried to get a better screenshot, but i only caught the end of it. no USB recovery drive of any kind was used, this was accessed directly from the startup recovery menu Any ideas? sorry if this is off topic

:)

Dean--Miles, Jul 30, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 30, 2021
  4. What recovery option was this???

Could not find recovery enviroment, Windows RE Image not found, missing troubleshoot options

Hi,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under Use a recovery drive to
    restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12415/...

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

What recovery option was this???

1. What recovery option was this??? - Similar Threads - recovery option was

2. System recovery option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System recovery option: Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your Computer using a system Image you...
  3. System recovery option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System recovery option: Choose a recovery toolOperating system: windows 7onD: Windows Starup repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time System Image Recovery Recover your Computer using a system Image you...
  4. Bitlocker Recovery Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Options: Hi, I am a Student and tried to update my Microsoft Security Info from my Previous School Email Address to my Mobile Number. However, Microsoft has locked in my Laptop and enabled Bitlocker. I am unable to login in to my Laptop until I enter the Bitlocker Recovery Key or wait...
  5. What to do in recovery options to reset your PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What to do in recovery options to reset your PC: I just upgraded from 8.1 to 10 I want to reset my PC becoz it isn't working well I want to reset my PC and keep files I've done it in 8.1 too and it's hard to do in win 10.. The help me choose doesn't help at all Just tell me what to do I want to keep my files.. I don't...
  6. Recovery Disk Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Disk Options: I am interested in knowing what a recovery disk does. Windows 10 requires a 8GB USB stick to create a recovery disk. Is this disk just for rebooting the system or does it also contain the applications I have installed on my laptop?...
  7. recovery disk options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recovery disk options: Hello, neighbour has given us an HP Notebook to mend, which belongs to his young daughter. I am not a Windows 10 person. The error message - with various bug numbers - is Unable to boot, error code: 0xc0000001, you'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation...
  8. Recovery options question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery options question: When I go into recovery options, I don't have the option startup settings under advanced options. Why is mine missing? I just had to format and reinstall 10 cause I couldn't get into safe mode to see if I can fix my problem. I have a hard time getting into safe mode, I h ave...
  9. W10 recovery options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 recovery options.: Got a HP 15-bw024na laptop for my mother, and want to do a recovery installing Windows only without all the third party crap. I'll lose AMD settings and AMD software apps in the process. I'm assuming this couldn't possibly wreck the machine? 106876
  10. Recovery options gone ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery options gone ?: What I'm expecting: [img] What I get: [img] Hello! I just discover that my recovery options have disappeared, leaving me with the only option to Turn Off my PC instead of the usual "Reset your PC or see advanced options". I enclove two snapshots: One with the...