Windows 10: what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?

Discus and support what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Want to do the same thing here. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen Change background color of the ctrl alt del screen. I'm trying to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cyr0nk0r, Nov 20, 2019.

1. cyr0nk0r Win User

what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?

Want to do the same thing here.

Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Change background color of the ctrl alt del screen. I'm trying to do this on a number of Windows Server 2019 VM's, but windows 10 will work the same way.
    I know you can go to settings, personalization, colors, and change your accent colors. And for us, this does indeed change the ctrl alt del background color. BUT we want to do this programatically.... and here is where it gets weird.

I have a new VM (lets just say its windows 10 latest build). I set up the local administrator profile and configure it exactly how I want it. Let's assume I select the accent color "gray". Everything is as expected. The problem is, I sysprep this windows 10 installation.

After sysprep, when new users log in, they get the default profile like I want. with the gray accent color. The problem is, the ctrl alt del background color somehow goes back to the default blue.

If I go and select a different accent color and then select "gray" again, the ctrl alt del screen will now be the correct gray color. So my question is, where on earth is the actual setting that controls what background color the ctrl alt del screen is so I can fix this sysprep/default profile issue through a registry GPO or something.
    Also, want to be very clear. This is NOT the lock screen. This is the ctrl alt del screen. If you are already signed into a computer and press ctrl alt del you will see this screen.

what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color? [​IMG]

Also, already found this thread
    Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color

And while its a similar problem, our issue has nothing to do with sleep settings, or coming out of sleep. It has to do with users logging into a VM after a machine has been syspreped. The accent colors don't seem to be 100% applied correctly after a sysprep and users logging in with a custom default profile.

:)

cyr0nk0r, Nov 20, 2019

2. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Unfortunately, all that does, is center my background image instead of stretching it:

so, the blue background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL didn't change.

UltraVolta425, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Hey

Windows 10 Color Control, another tool I've never heard of. I'm learning here. what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color? :)
    So, I downloaded it, used it, changed the colors to black, clicked Apply... and unfortunately, the CTRL ALT DEL screen didn't change.

UltraVolta425, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Try setting your background to 'Center', then add the custom color that matches your accent color in 'Colors'...

Edwin, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color? - Similar Threads - registry key actually

2. ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required: Running Enterprise v. 1909 I enabled the login to requre "ctrl-alt-delete", and enabled "do not show last user" But once in a while when my computer boot up, it would go straight to the login promt and bypassing the "ctrl-alt-delete" requirement. Again, this happens once a...
  3. what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?: Want to do the same thing here. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen Change background color of the ctrl alt del screen. I'm trying to do this on a number of Windows Server 2019 VM's, but windows 10 will work the same way. I know you can go to settings,...
  4. Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login: Same issue as this locked thread. I cannot enter PIN, password, or swipe fingerprint until Ctrl-Alt-Del is pressed first. I've never been offered KB4464330, so I'm not sure if it solves the issue. Secure sign in is not enabled. Security Policy to disable was enabled, but no...
  5. Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ctrl+alt+del settings changed?: Today I went to use my laptop and when I was finished I went to shut down my laptop. Well for some reason when I clicked ctrl alt del, the only option that it was giving me was to lock my computer and nothing else, no sign out or shut down. I didn't alter any settings and...
  6. black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....
  7. CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears

CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears: Hello; I have a windows 10 on domain. It shows ALT+CTRL+DEL and then i click ok all i get is a black screen with mouse pointer. I tried to change the projector setting to single display same thing. Any ways to resolve this please....
  8. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  9. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen: Hey Windows 10 Color Control, another tool I've never heard of. I'm learning here. *Smile So, I downloaded it, used it, changed the colors to black, clicked Apply... and unfortunately, the CTRL ALT DEL screen didn't change. [img]
  10. CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top

in Windows 10 Support
    CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top: This is a terribly annoying problem. Whenever I play a game such as Garry's mod which is running on the old source engine and tends to freeze while joining servers, force quitting it with CTRL + ALT + DEL is completely impossible. The issue is that whenever I press CTRL +...