Windows 10: what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?

Discus and support what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Want to do the same thing here. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen Change background color of the ctrl alt del screen. I'm trying to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cyr0nk0r, Nov 20, 2019.

1. cyr0nk0r Win User

what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?

Want to do the same thing here.

Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Change background color of the ctrl alt del screen. I'm trying to do this on a number of Windows Server 2019 VM's, but windows 10 will work the same way.
    I know you can go to settings, personalization, colors, and change your accent colors. And for us, this does indeed change the ctrl alt del background color. BUT we want to do this programatically.... and here is where it gets weird.

I have a new VM (lets just say its windows 10 latest build). I set up the local administrator profile and configure it exactly how I want it. Let's assume I select the accent color "gray". Everything is as expected. The problem is, I sysprep this windows 10 installation.

After sysprep, when new users log in, they get the default profile like I want. with the gray accent color. The problem is, the ctrl alt del background color somehow goes back to the default blue.

If I go and select a different accent color and then select "gray" again, the ctrl alt del screen will now be the correct gray color. So my question is, where on earth is the actual setting that controls what background color the ctrl alt del screen is so I can fix this sysprep/default profile issue through a registry GPO or something.
    Also, want to be very clear. This is NOT the lock screen. This is the ctrl alt del screen. If you are already signed into a computer and press ctrl alt del you will see this screen.

what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color? [​IMG]

Also, already found this thread
    Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color

And while its a similar problem, our issue has nothing to do with sleep settings, or coming out of sleep. It has to do with users logging into a VM after a machine has been syspreped. The accent colors don't seem to be 100% applied correctly after a sysprep and users logging in with a custom default profile.

:)

cyr0nk0r, Nov 20, 2019

2. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Unfortunately, all that does, is center my background image instead of stretching it:

so, the blue background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL didn't change.

UltraVolta425, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Hey

Windows 10 Color Control, another tool I've never heard of. I'm learning here. what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color? :)
    So, I downloaded it, used it, changed the colors to black, clicked Apply... and unfortunately, the CTRL ALT DEL screen didn't change.

UltraVolta425, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

Try setting your background to 'Center', then add the custom color that matches your accent color in 'Colors'...

Edwin, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color? - Similar Threads - registry key actually

2. Cannot login with Ctrl alt del because ctrl key is remapped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login with Ctrl alt del because ctrl key is remapped: Hi, I have remapped my ctrl key on win 10 because I was testing a program and completely forgot that I will need it to login.I have to press ctrl alt del to unlock my computer and enter my password. It is a work laptop and I have contacted them but they are unable to find a...
  3. Cannot login with Ctrl alt del because ctrl key is remapped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login with Ctrl alt del because ctrl key is remapped: Hi, I have remapped my ctrl key on win 10 because I was testing a program and completely forgot that I will need it to login.I have to press ctrl alt del to unlock my computer and enter my password. It is a work laptop and I have contacted them but they are unable to find a...
  4. Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?: please help me to edit this default setting to another color without selecting high contrast theme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ctrlaltdel-menu-background-supposed-to-be-black/065ce0ef-00ca-4509-b805-57f19ea509c7
  5. Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?: please help me to edit this default setting to another color without selecting high contrast theme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ctrlaltdel-menu-background-supposed-to-be-black/065ce0ef-00ca-4509-b805-57f19ea509c7
  6. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  7. what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?

in Windows 10 Support
    what registry key actually controls ctrl alt del background color?: Want to do the same thing here. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen Change background color of the ctrl alt del screen. I'm trying to do this on a number of Windows Server 2019 VM's, but windows 10 will work the same way. I know you can go to settings,...
  8. CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears: Hello; I have a windows 10 on domain. It shows ALT+CTRL+DEL and then i click ok all i get is a black screen with mouse pointer. I tried to change the projector setting to single display same thing. Any ways to resolve this please....
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  10. Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change background color of CTRL+ALT+DEL-screen: Hey Windows 10 Color Control, another tool I've never heard of. I'm learning here. *Smile So, I downloaded it, used it, changed the colors to black, clicked Apply... and unfortunately, the CTRL ALT DEL screen didn't change. [img]