Windows 10: What registry key contains taskbar height

Discus and support What registry key contains taskbar height in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I like my Win10 taskbar to be 3 rows high (3 rows of icons). Every time a Windows Update is applied, the height of the taskbar reverts to 1 row high.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KenY7744, Nov 18, 2019.

1. KenY7744 Win User

What registry key contains taskbar height

I like my Win10 taskbar to be 3 rows high (3 rows of icons). Every time a Windows Update is applied, the height of the taskbar reverts to 1 row high.

This is only one of many settings that gets reverted back to some default value. I change several settings related to desktop icon fonts (which also affects the size of the font in File Explorer and other apps) and mouse pointer size and mouse behavior.

I have found the registry keys that contain these settings, and I've exported those branches to REG files that I can click on after an update and restore my favorite mouse and font settings.

I would like to do the same with the registry key that controls the height of the taskbar so I can just click it to restore my favorite taskbar height after an update. Does anyone know the registry key for taskbar height?

ALSO, is it possible to consolidate these separate REG files to one REG file?

:)

KenY7744, Nov 18, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Taskbar registry key

You can experiment to determine this.

Download, install and run Regshot (free).
    Make sure your PC is idle.
    Create the first snapshot.. wait patiently.
    Now change the taskbar size
    Create the 2nd snapshot.. wait patiently.
    Click Compare

The report categorises and lists changes to registry keys. It's normally not long.

dalchina, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot

I like to have my taskbar on double height and auto-hiding.

But after every reboot, it gets set back to single height.

Locking the taskbar in the registry doesn't help.

I have scanned my current version for corrupted files and found none.

In the past, it was never a problem but ever since the creators update it is hell.

Does anybody have a real solution for this?

UltraFox69, Nov 18, 2019
  4. David Sz. Win User

Taskbar height/width on the side

I'm using small taskbar buttons and that option changes height only if location of taskbar is bottom or top.

However, thank for answer!

David Sz., Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

1. What registry key contains taskbar height - Similar Threads - registry key contains

2. What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...: Good day, What does this mean? In my laptop (Windows 10 64 bit Home) In Registry Editor. HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Shell Folders. It is a key that is called !Do not use this registry key. Entered value: Use the...
  3. Taskbar registry key

Taskbar registry key: Hi i need know where is the key path of the taskbar size in the registry. I hope your answers regards 138473
  4. Registry keys registry keys

Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  5. Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start...

Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start...: Hi all, Hopefully someone can help me out. .I am really frustrated with my taskbar right now and have no idea how to fix it. I have my taskbar settings set for the height to be 2 levels… BUT every time I start up my PC.. it is set back to 1 level and I have to redo it...
  6. Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot

Double height on taskbar resets on every reboot: I like to have my taskbar on double height and auto-hiding. But after every reboot, it gets set back to single height. Locking the taskbar in the registry doesn't help. I have scanned my current version for corrupted files and found none. In the past, it was never a...
  7. Registry file missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry file missing or contains errors: Unfortunately hits the keypad of Dell Laptop then it turns to Off. I tried several times to start, Heading with recovery blue screen comes with mentioned that " your pc/ device needs to be repaired." The Operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file...
  8. Curious - what the partitions contain

in Windows 10 Support
    Curious - what the partitions contain: This is a pic of my drive can someone please in simple language atel me what the partitions contain - I have a rough idea but would appreciate knowing what they are 118689
  9. Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot

Loses double height taskbar on logoff/reboot: As soon as I log off or reboot the VM W10 loses the double height taskbar. Is there a trick? I tried both small and normal taskbar icons. Also I have that jazz in the lower right corner of the desktop eval version etc. even though it says Windows Is Activated. It's English...
  10. Random folders being created on Desktop - contain registry keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Random folders being created on Desktop - contain registry keys: My father's laptop, which runs Windows 10, has recently encountered a weird issue where random folders keep appearing on the Desktop, no matter how often you delete these. All seem to contain a random .file file, which is a mix of numbers and letters and looks somewhat...