Windows 10: What replaces jump start in Windows 10

Discus and support What replaces jump start in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the latest version, 10074, of Windows 7 Insider Preview. In simple terms, what is the most efficient and easiest option to use as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mustang, May 16, 2015.

1. Mustang Win User

What replaces jump start in Windows 10

I have the latest version, 10074, of Windows 7 Insider Preview.

In simple terms, what is the most efficient and easiest option to use as an alternative to the Jump Start from Windows 7 Start button. In the frequently used options it is possible have all or nothing, but can't find a way to put selected items, such as Glary Utilities, etc ... and leave out the unwanted ones.

Also is there a way to save the desktop theme images for 10 to use on Windows 8.

:)

Mustang, May 16, 2015
  2. TomBrad95 Win User
    TomBrad95, May 16, 2015
  3. what replaces rooms

NOTE to DaleBolton: I've combined both your threads since they are about the same topic. Please continue posting to this thread about this topic .

You might want to use Skype or Whats App. There are probably other apps that you can find in the windows phone store.

Julie fka profjulie, May 16, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 16, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    I think you may be referring to the no longer available 'Pin to Start List' option.
    The easiest thing to do is simply Pin items to the Start Screen.

In answer to your 2nd question:
    You'll need to copy the images from "C:\Windows\Web"

Edwin, May 16, 2015
  6. Mustang Win User
    Thank you very much Brink for that information, I am most grateful. I have never used 'Power User Tasks Menu' before, so this is probably as good a time as any to acquaint myself on how to use it and it's options.

#Edwin:
    Thank you Edwin for you input, and yes, I was referring to the option for various items in Programs to 'Pin to Start Menu'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but If I pin items to the Start Screen in W10, won't they just be lumped in with all the other items in the Start Screen? My purpose was to isolate 6 or 7 items most frequently used.

Will check out C:\Windows\Web.

Cheers *Smile

Mustang, May 16, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    You can Pin what you wish, then unpin the rest:

What replaces jump start in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, May 16, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

Alternatively, you could also clear the following settings then re-enable them...:

... in the hope that the Start List will re-populate itself with your desired and most used programs:

Edwin, May 16, 2015
  9. dencal Win User
    Your eight most used programmes are automatically saved already in Start Menu, see attachment.

dencal, May 16, 2015
  10. Mustang Win User
    Using version 10074, when I choose to pin an item to the start menu, whether the start screen is as shown in your pic, or full page width ... nothing appears and it remains a blank space.

Update: Still can't pin programs to start menu, but can drag/drop them from all apps. And then the unpin option works to remove them.

I had already done the suggestions in your other posts thank you.

#Demcal: The most frequently used are not necessarily the ones I want in the 'jump' menu. I would prefer to use the suggestion offered by Edwin but my start menu seems to be faulty as mentioned above. But thanks anyway.

Cheers M *Biggrin

Mustang, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What replaces jump start in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - replaces jump start

2. What makes your mouse cursor start jumpping all over the desktop windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What makes your mouse cursor start jumpping all over the desktop windows 10: All of a sudden my mouse cursor will start jumpping all over my desktop. I have no control over it. I can turn the computer off and back on again and it will be gone. But in a little while it will start again. I have HP Envy X360 with a logitech mouse wireless. Thank You...
  3. What makes your mouse cursor start jumpping all over the desktop windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What makes your mouse cursor start jumpping all over the desktop windows 10: All of a sudden my mouse cursor will start jumpping all over my desktop. I have no control over it. I can turn the computer off and back on again and it will be gone. But in a little while it will start again. I have HP Envy X360 with a logitech mouse wireless. Thank You...
  4. What makes your mouse cursor start jumpping all over the desktop windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 START MENU replaced with old fashion start menu: I have lost my Windows 10 START soon after an upgrade in late June 2021. To check SETTINGS or to CLOSE I used LEFT click and the symbol. NOW I have an old fashion menu, have to RIGHT click and click on SHUT DOWN. I can’t PIN and have no programme list menu displayed in...
  6. Jump starting after failedl Windows update

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Jump starting after failedl Windows update: My power went out during a Windows update. Now when I start the computer it continually says "Updating ...." for hours. Is there a way to use a thumb drive to jump start and going to the last restore point? Safe mode? I assume Windows Update intentionally makes restore...
  7. What will replace Flash?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What will replace Flash?: I have read that Adobe Flash will no longer be used in Microsoft Edge and Edge Dev starting in 2020 with it being faded out now. What will be affected and what will replace it with games, etc? I've been using the Edge Dev. Another problem I have is I can no longer use...
  8. Replacing start button in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replacing start button in Windows 10!: Can I replace the start button in Windows 10 for free without using Classic Shell? Thanks in advance. Matthew. 72470
  9. What is the best desktop search replacement for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best desktop search replacement for windows 10?: I am throwing this open to everyone. What is the best desktop search replacement for Windows 10? I would like one that is fast can find all files / programs etc.. and can integrate with windows 10. Thank you. 23042
  10. What is the point of Jump Lists?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the point of Jump Lists?: I've never used Jump Lists as they always seemed a bit pointless. For example, I've always turned off the function to use jump lists on the start menu. Please could someone take a moment to explain it's virtues, how it improves productivity, or maybe how it enhances the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jump start windows 10

2. what is jump start on windows

3. windows 10 jump start

4. what is jump start win 10,
  5. jump start windows,
  6. what is jumpstart in windows 10,
  7. what is jump start on windows 10