Windows 10: What script do I use in Task Scheduler to delay/minimize on startup?

Discus and support What script do I use in Task Scheduler to delay/minimize on startup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am creating a task in the task scheduler to delay the startup of OneDrive for 5 minutes and it is working but when it launches it is opening a window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmk909er, Sep 13, 2015.

1. jmk909er Win User

What script do I use in Task Scheduler to delay/minimize on startup?

I am creating a task in the task scheduler to delay the startup of OneDrive for 5 minutes and it is working but when it launches it is opening a window instead of minimizing or running in background. I am using "\minimize" as argument but it's not working.

What do I use to get it to launch in the background?

:)

jmk909er, Sep 13, 2015

2. Start iTunes for Windows minimized using Task Scheduler

There is a work around.

You can use a vb script to launch then minimize it.

Create a notepad document

Paste this into it

Set iTunes=CreateObject("iTunes.Application")

iTunes.Windows.Item(1).Minimized=True

Save as iTunes.vbs

Create a task>launch a program>put the location of the saved vb script into the task.

I thought that you could use the iTunes /m but it does not work (just tried it)

The VB script does work from task scheduler (just tried that too)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 13, 2015
  3. Whats the real world method to setup the Task Scheduler to wake a Windows 10 pc from sleep?

I am attempting to set up a task to wake Windows 10 from sleep at a set time of the day. All my attempts have failed. I have notice that some websites contain contradictory information as to what the correct program script and arguments to be
    entered into the task scheduler. I am currently using cmd.exe and Program/script. Has anyone ever gotten the task scheduler to work and wake a PC from sleep. What script and argument did you use?

CliffordSanford, Sep 13, 2015
  4. jmk909er Win User

I am creating a task in the task scheduler to delay the startup of Skype for 6 minutes and it is working but when it launches it is opening a window instead of minimizing or running in background. I am using "\minimize" as argument but it's not working.

What do I use to get it to launch in the background?

jmk909er, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

1. What script do I use in Task Scheduler to delay/minimize on startup? - Similar Threads - script Task Scheduler

2. task schedule delayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task schedule delayed: Hello.i have create a task for wake up my laptop after hibernation.I choose to run qbittorrent.The scheduled time is 7:40 pm but the laptop wake up about 5-6 minutes later.I have chosen ''auto sync tyme zone'' and ''start with high privilege'' .Any ide about this delay?...
  3. task schedule delayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task schedule delayed: Hello.i have create a task for wake up my laptop after hibernation.I choose to run qbittorrent.The scheduled time is 7:40 pm but the laptop wake up about 5-6 minutes later.I have chosen ''auto sync tyme zone'' and ''start with high privilege'' .Any ide about this delay?...
  4. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?: I'm trying to start CUPID HWMonitor to start minimized on login. I can start it minimized through the shortcut properties, and I can start it poped-up on login, but I can't get it to start minimized through Task Scheduler. Using /background or start/ min does not work either....
  5. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?: I'm trying to start CUPID HWMonitor to start minimized on login. I can start it minimized through the shortcut properties, and I can start it poped-up on login, but I can't get it to start minimized through Task Scheduler. Using /background or start/ min does not work either....
  6. How do I use Task Scheduler to start a program minimized?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Script and task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Script and task Scheduler: Hello I work for a company with a number of powerful graphic computers on which Windows 10 is installed These computers work 24/7 with 2 engine programs that run intermittently 24/7 but not in parallel. I want to know if it is possible to create a script and use it...
  8. use Task Scheduler to start batch file, minimized?

in Windows 10 Support
    use Task Scheduler to start batch file, minimized?: I have already tried to find the solution using google, but literally none of them worked! At one point I edited the file/folder names, and changed the locations to those in the "solutions" but even that didn't work! You are my last hope! is there any way, any at all, you...
  9. Task Scheduler Script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler Script: I want to enable and disable my Ethernet connection at specific times each day. Task Scheduler prompts me for the script identifying the action of enabling or disabling the Ethernet connection. How do I identify these two specific scripts? 75194
  10. How do I minimize onedrive with task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I minimize onedrive with task scheduler?: I like all my cloud service to start with a delay so my laptop starts and loads faster. I have OneDrive, Dropbox, Skype and Google Drive all starting with a delay in task scheduler but I cannot get OneDrive and Skype to start minimized! It's driving me crazy! I have the...