Windows 10: What script do I use in Task Scheduler to delay/minimize on startup?

Discus and support What script do I use in Task Scheduler to delay/minimize on startup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am creating a task in the task scheduler to delay the startup of OneDrive for 5 minutes and it is working but when it launches it is opening a window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmk909er, Sep 13, 2015.

1. jmk909er Win User

What script do I use in Task Scheduler to delay/minimize on startup?

I am creating a task in the task scheduler to delay the startup of OneDrive for 5 minutes and it is working but when it launches it is opening a window instead of minimizing or running in background. I am using "\minimize" as argument but it's not working.

What do I use to get it to launch in the background?

:)

jmk909er, Sep 13, 2015

2. Start iTunes for Windows minimized using Task Scheduler

There is a work around.

You can use a vb script to launch then minimize it.

Create a notepad document

Paste this into it

Set iTunes=CreateObject("iTunes.Application")

iTunes.Windows.Item(1).Minimized=True

Save as iTunes.vbs

Create a task>launch a program>put the location of the saved vb script into the task.

I thought that you could use the iTunes /m but it does not work (just tried it)

The VB script does work from task scheduler (just tried that too)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 13, 2015
  3. Whats the real world method to setup the Task Scheduler to wake a Windows 10 pc from sleep?

I am attempting to set up a task to wake Windows 10 from sleep at a set time of the day. All my attempts have failed. I have notice that some websites contain contradictory information as to what the correct program script and arguments to be
    entered into the task scheduler. I am currently using cmd.exe and Program/script. Has anyone ever gotten the task scheduler to work and wake a PC from sleep. What script and argument did you use?

CliffordSanford, Sep 13, 2015
  4. jmk909er Win User

I am creating a task in the task scheduler to delay the startup of Skype for 6 minutes and it is working but when it launches it is opening a window instead of minimizing or running in background. I am using "\minimize" as argument but it's not working.

What do I use to get it to launch in the background?

jmk909er, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

1. What script do I use in Task Scheduler to delay/minimize on startup? - Similar Threads - script Task Scheduler

2. Delay a Scheduled Task for 10 seconds?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delay a Scheduled Task for 10 seconds?: the lowest the Task Scheduler options allow to go is 30 seconds. Any way to get it down to 10? 131226
  3. Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet by runnig script using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refreshing Excel SpreadSheet by runnig script using Task Scheduler: I have the code below. It worked on my old windows machine but now the code does not work for my Windows 10 machine. Thoughts? Here is the code and message I get. It asks me how do I want to open the file (picture below). Also, can I store this file on OneDrive and...
  4. Window 10 with WSL Task Scheduler task run at Startup/Logon running a PowerShell script...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 with WSL Task Scheduler task run at Startup/Logon running a PowerShell script...: Here is the content of PowerShell script I am trying to run via a startup or log on task created via Task Scheduler in Windows 10. #power shell file saved as autostartsshd.ps1 bash -c 'sudo service ssh start' This runs fine when run with powershell. But running from...
  5. Task Scheduler DOES WHAT... ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Scheduler DOES WHAT... ?: Hello Community Members... I want to restore points on My laptop EVERY 24 hours Can I get Task Scheduler to do that ? and then to check it has ? Am sure asked the SAME THING for Windows Defender but DID - NOT work ? Why Not ? Some months ago Say at 17:00 hours...
  6. Task Scheduler doesn't run script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't run script: Hey Microsoft Community, I'm trying to create a task in Task Scheduler that runs a specific script. The issue is that when the task runs (whether I do it manually or if it's scheduled), the script doesn't actually get executed. I know that the script works, and I have tried...
  7. Task Scheduler Script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler Script: I want to enable and disable my Ethernet connection at specific times each day. Task Scheduler prompts me for the script identifying the action of enabling or disabling the Ethernet connection. How do I identify these two specific scripts? 75194
  8. How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders: I want to use task scheduler to setup periodic reminders and since I'd no idea how to do this I googled and tried this but no success. So how do I do this. I'm trying to setup a reminder on a hourly or so basis to do exercises for RSI in my hands. Appreciate any help *Smile...
  9. Task Scheduler at startup fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler at startup fails: Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run. 101817
  10. How do I minimize onedrive with task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I minimize onedrive with task scheduler?: I like all my cloud service to start with a delay so my laptop starts and loads faster. I have OneDrive, Dropbox, Skype and Google Drive all starting with a delay in task scheduler but I cannot get OneDrive and Skype to start minimized! It's driving me crazy! I have the...