Windows 10: What security options should I enable on Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support What security options should I enable on Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/okegameg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gejllh/what_security_options_should_i_enable_on_windows/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/okegameg, May 6, 2020.

1. What security options should I enable on Windows 10 Pro?

/u/okegameg, May 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2020
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

4. Remon Ont Win User

What security options should I enable on Windows 10 Pro?

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, May 6, 2020
Thema:

What security options should I enable on Windows 10 Pro?

1. What security options should I enable on Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - security options should

2. No option to enable secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to enable secure boot: Hi! I'm trying to enable secure boot on my PC, but in the BIOS firmware menu I'm only given the options of standard or custom. There is no option to simply enable/disable secure boot and I can not find it under any other tab. I've tried switching between standard and custom,...
  3. No option to enable secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to enable secure boot: Hi! I'm trying to enable secure boot on my PC, but in the BIOS firmware menu I'm only given the options of standard or custom. There is no option to simply enable/disable secure boot and I can not find it under any other tab. I've tried switching between standard and custom,...
  4. I can't enable secure boot. There's no option to do it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't enable secure boot. There's no option to do it: I tried to enable secure boot, but I simply can't do it because there's no option to do it. I tries everything, I can't find solution.Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z-590P...
  5. What should I do with this optional update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do with this optional update: I have an optional update Western Digital Technologies - WDC-SAM 4.55.25.661 My Passport and I'm not really sure if I download & install it, if it will do something to the SSD on this MSI gf76 Katina laptop or will it automatically pick up the external HD and update the...
  6. What should I do with this optional update

What should I do with this optional update: I have an optional update Western Digital Technologies - WDC-SAM 4.55.25.661 My Passport and I'm not really sure if I download & install it, if it will do something to the SSD on this MSI gf76 Katina laptop or will it automatically pick up the external HD and update the...
  7. Should I enable/disable Core Isolation in Device Security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I enable/disable Core Isolation in Device Security?: Is Core Isolation in Device Security just for locked-down enterprise screens? Or does it provide meaningful security for a home/student user? I've read conflicting reports. So please describe your experience if you have an answer.From benchmarks I've seen, there can be a...
  8. Should I enable/disable Core Isolation in Device Security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I enable/disable Core Isolation in Device Security?: Is Core Isolation in Device Security just for locked-down enterprise screens? Or does it provide meaningful security for a home/student user? I've read conflicting reports. So please describe your experience if you have an answer.From benchmarks I've seen, there can be a...
  9. Should I enable/disable Core Isolation in Device Security?

10. Can/Should I enable secure boot?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can/Should I enable secure boot?: Built my system myself about two years ago now, and while investigating my system's compatibility with Windows 11, I learned that secure boot is disabled, but is supported by my hardware. Now, I am wondering if enabling secure boot is a good idea, are there any drawbacks or...