Windows 10: What Service Allows Fan Speed Control

Discus and support What Service Allows Fan Speed Control in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Everyone. I have lost the ability to control my fan speed after doing a clean boot. Normally I can set the fan to max speed for gaming using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ventrolloquist, Dec 6, 2019.

1. What Service Allows Fan Speed Control

Hi Everyone. I have lost the ability to control my fan speed after doing a clean boot. Normally I can set the fan to max speed for gaming using a program called nerve center (causing it to spin faster than it does under automatic control). Now that option is missing. I tried speedfan and it cannot detect any fans.

I suspect I turned off some service that allows this. Would anyone know what services are required for manual fan speed control?

As an aside, the fan is still regulating well in response to cpu/gpu temps, I just can't manually set it into overdrive anymore.

submitted by /u/ventrolloquist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ventrolloquist, Dec 6, 2019
  2. brianzion Win User

Fans are speeding up like crazy help

CPU Fan Speed Control (CPU_FAN Connector) Allows you to determine whether to enable the fan speed control function and adjust the fan speed.
    Normal Allows the fan to run at different speeds according to the CPU temperature.
    You can adjust the fan speed with System Information Viewer based on your system requirements.
    (Default) Silent Allows the fan to run at slow speeds.
    Manual Allows you to control the fan speed under the Fan Speed Percentage item.
    Full Speed Allows the fan to run at full speeds.
    & Fan Speed Percentage Allows you to control the fan speed. This item is configurable only when CPU Fan Speed Control is set to Manual. Options are: 0.75 PWM value /oC ~ 2.50 PWM value /oC.

brianzion, Dec 6, 2019
  3. brianzion Win User

in your motherboard manual I found this info

CPU Fan Speed Control (CPU_FAN Connector) Allows you to determine whether to enable the fan speed control function and adjust the fan speed. Allows the fan to run at different speeds according to the CPU temperature. You Normal can adjust the fan speed with System Information Viewer based on your system requirements.

(Default) Allows the fan to run at slow speeds.

Silent Allows you to control the fan speed under the Fan Speed Percentage item. 

Manual Full Speed Allows the fan to run at full speeds

brianzion, Dec 6, 2019
  4. What Service Allows Fan Speed Control

Thank you for all information I will try to look into all of this later on tomorrow. Very nice of you all to try to help me here guys! *Biggrin

CraZyNinja, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

What Service Allows Fan Speed Control

1. What Service Allows Fan Speed Control - Similar Threads - Service Allows Fan

2. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  3. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  4. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i control the fan speed in windows?: i run windows on a laptop and the fan has an issue where it is extremely loud, everytime i open my laptop it goes to full blast despite it not even being warm. i want to know how to control the speed where its not too loud, but i dont want to go into the bios and mess...
  5. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i control the fan speed in windows?: i run windows on a laptop and the fan has an issue where it is extremely loud, everytime i open my laptop it goes to full blast despite it not even being warm. i want to know how to control the speed where its not too loud, but i dont want to go into the bios and mess...
  6. how can i control the fan speed in windows?

7. Is there any way to control the fan speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to control the fan speed?: I use a Mac as well and there is a utility app called Macs Fan Control where you can easily set a custom fan speed. On the other hand, my windows laptops overheats a lot and I'd like to know if there is any way I can increase/decrease the fan speed... If you know a way then...
  8. fan speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fan speed: how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c
  9. Software to control fan speed

Software to control fan speed: Hi All, I'm looking for a program that can control each fan's speed on my mainboard based on temperature (CPU, GPU accordingly). I've already tried Speedfan but after installed, no fan was recognized and CPU's temperature is wrong. Thanks for your advice.*Smile 106352
  10. Fan speed control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan speed control: Second question of the day..! I'm running an Asus P6TD motherboard and in Win 7 used to use the Asus AI Suite to create a custom profile for the CPU fan speed which meant the fan was less noisy. AI Suite won't run on Win 10 - or at least the version I can download now...