Windows 10: What service needs to be active for the F1 or help to work?

Discus and support What service needs to be active for the F1 or help to work? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What service needs to be active for the F1 or help to work in Excel?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rjjewett, Feb 8, 2020.

1. rjjewett Win User

What service needs to be active for the F1 or help to work?

What service needs to be active for the F1 or help to work in Excel?

:)

rjjewett, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Volume connected with f1- can't get it to work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to know the details requested below:

• When you say, “the volume wont work its connected to the f1 key” are you not able to get sound on your computer?
    • Which update was installed on the computer? To check go to
      Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type: winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Ideally, the F1 key is used as the help key in most of the programs. It opens a help screen when the F1 key is pressed.

Meanwhile, you may want to try the steps mentioned below:

If you are trying to use the F1 key to control volume on the computer, you may want to press
    Fn key + F1 and see if that helps.

However, if you do not get sound on your computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 8, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Erika Aro Win User

The f1 key and the f2 key do not work

Thank you for the information. We are a support that provides available resources only that are present to all users. We suggest following the steps on the links provided to troubleshoot your keyboard. We'd like to verify if other function keys are working.

Keep us posted after performing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

1. What service needs to be active for the F1 or help to work? - Similar Threads - service needs active

2. NEED ACTIVATION HELP

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    NEED ACTIVATION HELP: HOW DO I activate a windows 10 pro that WAS NOT ACTIVATED PRIOR TO THE UPGRADE FROM 7-8. NOW 10 YEP <removed> THATS HOW old bella computer is isn't broke i Ain't buying.. now how do i activate dis here for free. I Can't AFFORD to pay for A DIGITAL LICENSE . CAN SOME BODY...
  3. need help with service host

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help with service host: hi got problems with the service host taking up my CPU.I have used Norton security to run a full pc scan as well as adwcleaner and rkill64,so i dont believe that it is melware.I have used process explorer and found out that the main two scvhost causing the problems are...
  4. Need help activating windows

Need help activating windows: Hello, after moving my SSD to a new computer, I can't activate windows, and all Microsoft products are in Russian, which I can't change unless I activate Windows for some reason...I have no clue what my product key is as this computer and hard drive from which I transferred...
  5. need help activateing

need help activateing: my grandmother gave me this computer christmas of 2020 i didnt activate it because i didnt know i had towe dont have the original windows box we bought and its asking to connect to my orginizations server im so confused and i have no idea what to do please help i just want it...
  6. What is this? Need Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this? Need Help!: So i've been having a slow (~20% slower) PC for the past week or two and i've been trying to fix it. I've tried almost everything, but I decided to do a windows update trouble shoot. This came up: WaaSMedicService Issues remediated >by:AppCleanerPlugin;EnableUUPScanPlugin...
  7. [Need Help] "Out Of Service"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Need Help] "Out Of Service": Hello there! I am having issues with my HP Stream Click Here to see laptop. From HSN Currently, it states: "Your version of Windows has reached end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security...
  8. need help with activation PLEASE HELP

need help with activation PLEASE HELP: Hello my name is Landon and I have been trying to activate windows on my computer for a while now , I received my PC as a gift and when I got it windows 10 Pro had already been installed on it, all of a sudden windows has stopped working , and will not reactivate , the...
  9. Need help disabling F1 thru F12 keys to regular f1 to f12 instead of volume up or...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help disabling F1 thru F12 keys to regular f1 to f12 instead of volume up or...: Please Help I have tried everything including gpedit.msc but i just want to use F1-F12 keys for gaming, but its only works when i press fn key I cannot maintain playing video game and press fn key everytime....
  10. f1 key doesnt working

in Windows 10 Customization
    f1 key doesnt working: I have hp 250 G6 lap windows10. Here the f1 help key is not working, so how it is work? can you please inform details about this??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/f1-key-doesnt-working/6cbb396f-5265-4bca-b903-6e6f448c9db3